CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest geniussbk

Then in B7620 something in screen is inverted! I need someone with technical knowledge and a B7620 to help you out here. My first prio is 7610 but we can try in the near future.

ok.

Edited by geniussbk

Guest ErnstJanF

I can't use apps like youtube as it slows android down in such way it isn't useable anymore and I have to reboot..

Anyone else has this problem?

EDIT: And i cannot find the FM-radio app :$

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas
I can't use apps like youtube as it slows android down in such way it isn't useable anymore and I have to reboot..

Anyone else has this problem?

EDIT: And i cannot find the FM-radio app :$

Physical memory shortage for youtube? Haven't tested it yet. As far as I know, FM radio is not working. It is not ported to I8000 in any way.

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErnstJanF

Physical memory shortage for youtube? Haven't tested it yet. As far as I know, FM radio is not working. It is not ported to I8000 in any way.

Yea it worked again after a reboot, strange.. think there were too many apps loaded ;)

Damn, is there no way to get FM working? I really need it because I'm at my bike for 2 hours each day to school!

Edit: I noticed a bug. I was streaming some music through spotify and the battery icon was almost full but then the phone died and I had to recharge it. Is the bar frozen? (I do know about the time, but the battery icon?)

@erikcas: Maybe it's possible that you maintain a small list of known bugs? Would be great to have one like known bugs and which bugs have been fixed in which version!

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest matriX1218

hmm misspelled the update.. frb3update.taz.gz instead of frb3update.tar.gz

Corrected it in attached file

b7610.zip

Did fresh install...

applied your update... working great...

thanks...

waiting for next release... ;)

Guest erikcas

Did fresh install...

applied your update... working great...

thanks...

waiting for next release... ;)

nice :)

trying to fix some small things asap, but I have a very busy period at work, so please some patience

Guest erikcas

Will wait with correcting sensors. Just read in I8000 topic that devs will correct the sensor for I8000, the current version causes some battery drain if I interpret Voytecksts words right.

I'd like to say thank you to erikcas and everyone else that working for the project.

when you will manage wifi to work, I will never look back to winmob.

I am absolutely AGREE!!! with this post.

Big thank you ERIKCAS!

Edited by Jirik3

Guest inf3rn0

@Erik - Could you upload your 2.6.32 .config to this site or googlecode if its different from GC_REV75? (the one at GC is from REV66)

I finally got a booting kernel after compiling from sources, only the system hangs after plugging in usb and Ive had some SODs, while I dont when I use your update.

Thanks,

Inf3rn0

EDIT: Hmm - I'll be trying REV171 from PHJ - I'm using REV171 and it's all good; .config on GC needs updating :rolleyes:

It all seemed good; got an SOD and phone(com.android.phone) crashed (on seperate occasions) ~ ill keep working with this version in the meantime while i try to figure out whats up

Edited by inf3rn0

Guest erikcas

H

@Erik - Could you upload your 2.6.32 .config to this site or googlecode if its different from GC_REV75? (the one at GC is from REV66)

I finally got a booting kernel after compiling from sources, only the system hangs after plugging in usb and Ive had some SODs, while I dont when I use your update.

Thanks,

Inf3rn0

EDIT: Hmm - I'll be trying REV171 from PHJ     - I'm using REV171 and it's all good; .config on GC needs updating

It all seemed good; got an SOD and phone(com.android.phone) crashed (on seperate occasions) ~ ill keep working with this version in the meantime while i try to figure out whats up

Config on GC is the one I compiled the rev75 kernel with. There is nothing wrong with it. Config did not have to be changed after rev66. What crosscompiler do you use? Do you use the make_update script or do you compile direct from commandline?

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

I have the same problem - "white screen" :(

what you did?

if you did update then the only reason is buildprop file where we have changed model no of a phone... sometimes it works and sometimes not...

Guest titomax82

fresh install + rev75... all ok... but my camera doesn't work (never worked in beta1 or beta2). this release has only the camera button, or has camera working?

what you did?

if you did update then the only reason is buildprop file where we have changed model no of a phone... sometimes it works and sometimes not...

I have had completly instaled and configured last versions of all what I found here and it worked fine, but only to next run (restart phone). When I tried to re-run Android after some time spent in Windows mobile (without any changes in Android), the next start of Android it stay in "white screen". When I touch the screen, it something do (I thing it waiting for inserting the PIN), but I do not know what, because the display show still only "white screen" (across the entire desktop).

Guest centodue

I can confirm that making installation as in #Post264 all is working correctly.

I changed W/L to use as HOME key and indication of the model (B7610 and not I8000)

I extracted REV75 manually to be sure to have unpacked in android partition

Since 5 days I have Android working with NO SOD and just some request of "Forced Stop", but then all is ok.

Camera is ok too and no problem with market, internet, chat, whatsapp ecc....

Now that i have installed many programs it starts to be slower :D

Guest erikcas

fresh install + rev75... all ok... but my camera doesn't work (never worked in beta1 or beta2). this release has only the camera button, or has camera working?

cam works fine on my phone. Did you enable swap (might be memory problem). If it has never worked, does it work in Win Mo?

Guest inf3rn0

Checked and compiled nothing wrong.

Okay, must be my screw-up then somewhere; Im using the .config from PHJ and all was good after all ~ even compiled wl1271 module with it; i can start playing around now :)

Is anybody else having performance issues since beta3-update? Now all the graphics work fine, but load averages are constantly near 4 when running programs requiring more CPU-grunt. Also scrolling icons etc feels generally sluggish.

CPU benchmark was around 2000-3000msec before update, after 5000msec+ :unsure:

For example mikrosonik RD3 worked like a charm before update, but now even a single bassline makes audio stutter and phone lags like a dying cow when running RD3...

Also I cannot get TV-out, doesn't graphics driver support that or what?

/VM

Guest erikcas

Okay, must be my screw-up then somewhere; Im using the .config from PHJ and all was good after all ~ even compiled wl1271 module with it; i can start playing around now :)

If you get it working let me know. I'm "playing around" with that module since may this year.

Compiling the module alone won't get your wifi to work. You have to load fw, enable/disable hardware right and so on. It is not easy. The kernel must cooperate with android libs and confs, they have to be "in sync".

But if you discover something, I'm interested

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

My B7610+Android has problem about wifi.

It looks like android can't find wifi hardware, but it work fine in WinMo.

Can anyone help me please.

its not done yet... wait for next update..