CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

I'm knee deep in pink. Meh :P

For some reason none whatsoever kernels or anything get me past the pink screen. Funny thing is, the Beta 2 worked in the 1st install (oh well, "worked" in a way... like no keyboard or connectivity).

I've tried to format the card in linux and the automatic install goes fine to the end and startup.txt is pointing to the correct partition (mmcblk0p2). Now with "no-pink" zImage it goes to the stage where it says "A N D R O I D" (no graphics) , nothing else happens.

@erikcas: best wishes to you and your family B)

Will provide a new test upload within half an hour.

If you have startup problems, please check your init.rc for the part below.

Check if it is according to your install (SD or My Storage)

set to mmcblk0 for SD, to mmcblk1 for my storage

write /sys/devices/platform/s3c6410-usbgadget/gadget/lun0/file /dev/block/mmcblk0

You can also try to remove "/tweak.sh" and the "exit" some 2 or 3 lines under tweak.sh

Guest LightningBullet
Will provide a new test upload within half an hour.

I can't seem to find the update yet, looking forward to it.

Anyway, with the patch that you (erikcas) gave me, I have the same problem, it recognizes my provider but no phone/data connection.

Edited by LightningBullet

Guest Gurbanyo

HI all.first thx very much for ur work.about new update and kernel-qwerty and hardware buttons is work!( but button for lock is just go to black screen.there is no slider for unlock.and when i push again android is wake up.without slider.and of course no network.no data.(i tried many times to put to sd and storage no result.everything is work.only phone no work.

Did you use autoinstaller? If yes, please re-partition your sd as one fat (no fat32) partition and reinstall by running the installer. Apply update at first boot.

Wow, that really does a difference, I've tried numerous combinations and different builds after my 1st (and up to this moment the only) successful boot of Android and I kept thinking that autoinstaller formats my Android partition every time. How wrong I was...

So for clarification and note to everybody: Always repartition and format your SD card to one FAT16 partition before using autoinstaller!

Now I'm currently testing the latest (REV64) version, so far everything works great but no outbound connectivity :unsure:

Wow, that really does a difference, I've tried numerous combinations and different builds after my 1st (and up to this moment the only) successful boot of Android and I kept thinking that autoinstaller formats my Android partition every time. How wrong I was...

So for clarification and note to everybody: Always repartition and format your SD card to one FAT16 partition before using autoinstaller!

Now I'm currently testing the latest (REV64) version, so far everything works great but no outbound connectivity :unsure:

Yup, maybe the driver (dpram?) has to be revised. Currentley enjoying my new born daughter (born 16 hours ago) will look into this when mother and daughter are doing their beauty-sleeps this afternoon :)

Yup, maybe the driver (dpram?) has to be revised. Currentley enjoying my new born daughter (born 16 hours ago) will look into this when mother and daughter are doing their beauty-sleeps this afternoon :)

That's such a nice time... Congratulations 8) 8) 8)

I'll continue testing :D

/VM

Guest Gurbanyo

Networking needs more investigation, but I think erikcas is on the right track :)

/VM

i hope we will have working network .beta 2 is very fast and smooth.wink.gif

Edited by Gurbanyo

Guest inf3rn0

Hi all,

first off, a big up to all omnia2-devs for opening up all these possibilities for our beloved devices.

Also a big up for erikcas & elbee (i see their names popup here & at the googlecode pages) for adapting the kernel for our 'beloved' (or hated :P) b7610's.

My situation is as follows;

I've used the manual install method from the phj.ru page, and first booted with the included kernel. This booted fine and was working, albeit without keyboard support and with incorrect hardkey mapping, etc.

By my understanding Erik was able to get the keyboard working and correct the hardkey mapping, atm without outbound connections.

So i checked out revision 64 from googlecode svn (the latest to date), and compiled the kernel - all as is...

This gave me a non booting kernel, with a cursor blinking a couple of times in the top left-hand corner, and a screen blackout a couple of seconds later.

I checked out the compilation of the kernel again, and it seemed the kernel was a build of googlecode/svn/kern_oII - and from what I can understand I need the build of kern_2.6.32.

To achieve this, I edited the make_kernel script, commenting out the line that defines kern_oII as the kernel source directory.

Now the kernel also compiles, giving me a larger zImage than before (about 2k bigger) - so to me it seems like its compiling the .32 kernel.

Loading this kernel, the screen turns to the pink screen, -as the original i8000 kernel did at first boot- and stays on this screen for over 10 minutes. I waited so long because I have no idea if the 'dalvik-cache' needs to be recreated or whatever with this new kernel - it is only noted on phj.ru as the reason why the first boot takes so long

So I'm missing something, probably big :)

The command I execute to compile the kernel: # PHONEMODEL=b7610 make_kernel -kc

The script exits without error, copying the zImage to the out folder and all.

I replaced the 'working' i8000 kernel with this zImage and,... nothing.

Please enlighten me :P

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

Guest erikcas

Hi all,

first off, a big up to all omnia2-devs for opening up all these possibilities for our beloved devices.

Also a big up for erikcas & elbee (i see their names popup here & at the googlecode pages) for adapting the kernel for our 'beloved' (or hated :P) b7610's.

My situation is as follows;

I've used the manual install method from the phj.ru page, and first booted with the included kernel. This booted fine and was working, albeit without keyboard support and with incorrect hardkey mapping, etc.

By my understanding Erik was able to get the keyboard working and correct the hardkey mapping, atm without outbound connections.

So i checked out revision 64 from googlecode svn (the latest to date), and compiled the kernel - all as is...

This gave me a non booting kernel, with a cursor blinking a couple of times in the top left-hand corner, and a screen blackout a couple of seconds later.

I checked out the compilation of the kernel again, and it seemed the kernel was a build of googlecode/svn/kern_oII - and from what I can understand I need the build of kern_2.6.32.

To achieve this, I edited the make_kernel script, commenting out the line that defines kern_oII as the kernel source directory.

Now the kernel also compiles, giving me a larger zImage than before (about 2k bigger) - so to me it seems like its compiling the .32 kernel.

Loading this kernel, the screen turns to the pink screen, -as the original i8000 kernel did at first boot- and stays on this screen for over 10 minutes. I waited so long because I have no idea if the 'dalvik-cache' needs to be recreated or whatever with this new kernel - it is only noted on phj.ru as the reason why the first boot takes so long

So I'm missing something, probably big :)

The command I execute to compile the kernel: # PHONEMODEL=b7610 make_kernel -kc

The script exits without error, copying the zImage to the out folder and all.

I replaced the 'working' i8000 kernel with this zImage and,... nothing.

Please enlighten me :P

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

do:

./make_update B7610 what-you-want

(B7610 will be set as phonemodel)

edit make_update and apt_kernel to the correct out path, kernel path (kern_2.6.32) and modules path (modules32)

good luck!

Guest Isascaboy89

Hy guys thx forr all the great work you are doing here...i don't know anything about programmation but if i could be helpul in some way just let me know...

i've installed beta 2 manually using ubuntu, and with or without the rev64 zimage i always get the pink screen followed by the android logo. it appears for about 60 secs then freezes for 10 secs, blanks the screen and the android logo reappears.. phone has been doing this for about 15 mins now without booting properly. anyone recommend a solution?

Guest matriX1218

ok guyz,

I've installed latest froyo for the first time on SD CARD. android boots properly.. but what next...? i cant use any hard keys, cant go back n all... please guide me what to do next to use hard key or go back.. where to get this latest file for b7610...

Edited by matriX1218

Guest erikcas

ok guyz,

I've installed latest froyo for the first time on SD CARD. android boots properly.. but what next...? i cant use any hard keys, cant go back n all... please guide me what to do next to use hard key or go back.. where to get this latest file for b7610...

I will upload a new kernel/modules and keyboardfiles in approx one hour.

In this version phone is working stable, I have still to solve a dataproblem. Phone seems only to be uploading data, there is no download

Guest bnwgraaf

I have also the rev64 running on a 7610 and follow this thread with a lot of excitment! :-)

I installed the Android on MyStorage, with ubuntu. It boots ok, had the pink screen the first time, but that turned out to be the problem with the startup text.

Good work! Thanks!

Guest inf3rn0

In this version phone is working stable, I have still to solve a dataproblem. Phone seems only to be uploading data, there is no download

Good to hear you're making progress! So the phonepart-problem seems to be the kernel and not the IMEI bug?

Good luck with further hunting :P

Guest erikcas

Good to hear you're making progress! So the phonepart-problem seems to be the kernel and not the IMEI bug?

Good luck with further hunting :P

Phonepart is loaded in the way it was in Beta 1.

The devs are going to this also for I8000, untill the current bugs with IMEI are fixed.

So you cannot compare this with the current Beta2.

According to Voyteckst only one module should be changed, but for B7610 I have to adjust two modules to get the phonepart working.

Reason why I have not uploaded yet, is that I found a problem. When I reboot the phone, it freezes. I want to solve this first, to avoid questions here :)

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

Hey tnx for the reply...

waiting for your upload... btw Android is Awasome... I saw a new life of my AndrOmniaPro...

Edited by matriX1218

Guest matriX1218

Hey Erik,

Is it possible that our phone will be recognized as B7610..? As I saw that currently it is showing as I8000 on startup screen...

Just wanted ton know... no push...

Edited by matriX1218