CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest matriX1218

@erik

I m back with queries..

How long will it take to charge in Android...?

For me it is taking very long...

I place my phone in charging at 10 pm night and at early morning 5 am ( after 7 hours ) it was charged 91% only...and still charging...

I m afraid will this affects phone battery or hardware?

Waiting for your answer n updates... ;)

Guest geoponos31

Set your clock in winmo to timezone 0 (london/dublin) and set the time to your current time

Then you will not have difference in time in Android.

Your ? and autorotation not working? You are not on the latest update I presume

Try this one, it is the latest for sure.

And remember, always reboot (maybe twice) after the update

Battery drain, I noticed. I am currenltly trying to do something about this, but it is a lot of work if you do it for the first time :)

Hello

I run android from sd card. How am i suppose to do this update?

I copied zimage and frb2update.tar.gz on "My storage" replaced old zimage and when i run haret it stuck in a screen which says " Android on Omnia II loading" but does nothing ! I had to remove the battery to start the phone.

Guest erikcas

Hello

I run android from sd card. How am i suppose to do this update?

I copied zimage and frb2update.tar.gz on "My storage" replaced old zimage and when i run haret it stuck in a screen which says " Android on Omnia II loading" but does nothing ! I had to remove the battery to start the phone.

if this Android on Omnia II loading" is on your screen for more then 30 secs, tap the screen

Guest erikcas

@erik

I m back with queries..

How long will it take to charge in Android...?

For me it is taking very long...

I place my phone in charging at 10 pm night and at early morning 5 am ( after 7 hours ) it was charged 91% only...and still charging...

I m afraid will this affects phone battery or hardware?

Waiting for your answer n updates... ;)

Don't know for sure. Will take a look at this

Edit: Reading in I8000, in beta3 source some adjustments in batterydriver are made. Some report the phone "powering to 100% now"

Again, lets wait for the source to be published. I'm sure it will not take too long

Edited by erikcas

Guest bnwgraaf

Set your clock in winmo to timezone 0 (london/dublin) and set the time to your current time

Then you will not have difference in time in Android.

This one worked! I seem to have the right time for now!

Your ? and autorotation not working? You are not on the latest update I presume

Try this one, it is the latest for sure.

And remember, always reboot (maybe twice) after the update.

I noticed, that the "?" key already worked, but after hitting the alt key, you have to hit the "?" key twice. I didn't try that the first time, but now I know.

I had already installed the latest update, I am sure of that, but I installed the update again en rebooted twice. The autorotate when sliding the hardware keyboard was already working for me. What I ment, is, that when I rotate the device (without sliding the hardware keyboard), the app stays in portrait. In the past, I rememberd that Android is able to rotate the app when rotating the device.

When not autorotating, is there another possibility to switch (manually) between portrait and landscape?

Guest Isascaboy89

If devs release latest kernelsource, I will try to adapt it to B7610 asap.

In the meantime a working 2.6.32 is available for B7610. I posted it here in this topic

Thx erickas for your clear answer to all of us...can i ask you one thing? there is something new with 2.6.32 that wasn't working on previous version?

Guest erikcas

Thx erickas for your clear answer to all of us...can i ask you one thing? there is something new with 2.6.32 that wasn't working on previous version?

It is quite stable :)

Guest matriX1218

@erik

but when devs will release latest kernelsource..?:mellow:

Omnia 2 users are enjoying b3 and we are using b2...:angry:

ETA for latest kernelsource, so that atleast we dont bother/harras you...

Erik (God) please help us...:lol:

Guest erikcas
@erik

but when devs will release latest kernelsource..?

Omnia 2 users are enjoying b3 and we are using b2...

Erik (God) please help us...

Will ask. And I'm not God :P

Guest erikcas
@erik

but when devs will release latest kernelsource..?

Omnia 2 users are enjoying b3 and we are using b2...

Erik (God) please help us...

Could maybe be published this afternoon according to Voytecktst. My wife will be glad :P

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

Source is published. Will continue tonight. ETA update, somewhere tomorrow.

Oh my Erik (GOD)

Lets have fun tonight...

Yeah... :lol:

Edit:

Could you tell us what possible feature we will have with your next update..?

Requests:

W/L button for Back

Lock button to Lock/Unlock...

IDEA

I've mapped W/L button to Haret.exe in Windows

When I press it it executes Haret...

To Switch between Windows n Android...

W= WIndows

L= Linux

Edited by matriX1218

Guest erikcas

Oh my Erik (GOD)

Lets have fun tonight...

Yeah...

Edit:

Could you tell us what possible feature we will have with your next update..?

Requests:

W/L button for Back

Lock button to Lock/Unlock...

IDEA

I've mapped W/L button to Haret.exe in Windows

When I press it it executes Haret...

To Switch between Windows n Android...

W= WIndows

L= Linux

Nice w/l :P

Improvements are in video and sound.

The devs solved the phonepart different then I did. They did it in a cleaner way offcourse. The devs way goes without modifying multipdp module, which I had to modify.

I will test the devs way. I am convinced this will work. That means we will have the original multipdp from source, that will have advantages.

Guest geoponos31

if this Android on Omnia II loading" is on your screen for more then 30 secs, tap the screen

I tapped the screen still does nothing! I run the rev 51 kernel for B7610!

Is right what i do for the update ? Copy the files ( frb2update.tar.gz and the new zimage) in My Storage and run Haret?

Guest erikcas

I will not change the key for lock / unlock for now. The end-call key is a so called gpio key. That is needed for phone to wake from sleep. A gpio key is a key which triggers even when phone sleeps. W/l button is not a gpio key as far as I know. So there is a risk of not getting the phone to wake.

Before you ask... things are arranged different in winmo. Keep in mind that winmo is something different then android / linux.

Guest matriX1218

Nice w/l :P

Improvements are in video and sound.

The devs solved the phonepart different then I did. They did it in a cleaner way offcourse. The devs way goes without modifying multipdp module, which I had to modify.

I will test the devs way. I am convinced this will work. That means we will have the original multipdp from source, that will have advantages.

I'm a VB6 coder and I don't know Linux... In short I don't understand what you are saying...:P

I just want all features working on my phone...i.e bluetooth..wifi...all sensors..secondary camera...

otherwise

divorce... divorce... divorce... :angry2:

Guest erikcas

I tapped the screen still does nothing! I run the rev 51 kernel for B7610!

Is right what i do for the update ? Copy the files ( frb2update.tar.gz and the new zimage) in My Storage and run Haret?

Won't work. I posted a working update in this forum. Use this or wait for one day, which I will need before posting an official update to google project page

Guest erikcas

I'm a VB6 coder and I don't know Linux... In short I don't understand what you are saying...

I just want all features working on my phone...i.e bluetooth..wifi...all sensors..secondary camera...

otherwise

divorce... divorce... divorce...

No wifi no bluetooth only main cam. B7610 has different hardware then I8000 for BT/wifi so this is not ported by devs. Maybe in the future but I need help with that. It could work according to Voyteckst.

Sensors are next on my list

Guest ErnstJanF

Beta3 still not working after 100 tries :)

(hanging at 'Android on Omnia II Loading...')

EDIT: Try # 102, I'm really getting pissed-off now.. Still not doing anything (manual OR automatic, both fail)

EDIT2: if someone can provide me with a partition layout which I need to use, that would be very helpful..

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas
Beta3 still not working after 100 tries

(hanging at 'Android on Omnia II Loading...')

EDIT: Try # 102, I'm really getting pissed-off now.. Still not doing anything (manual OR automatic, both fail)

EDIT2: if someone can provide me with a partition layout which I need to use, that would be very helpful..

Ernst,

Manual, create partitions like you used to. But leave 128mb over for an extra swap partition. So create one fat part., one ext4 part. and one 128Mb swap partition.

Keep in mind that sd and my storage in new beta are swapped. So my storage is now 1pX and sd is now 0pX

Edit startup.txt to proper partition. Leave all the rest unchanged.

Guest ErnstJanF

Ernst,

Manual, create partitions like you used to. But leave 128mb over for an extra swap partition. So create one fat part., one ext4 part. and one 128Mb swap partition.

Keep in mind that sd and my storage in new beta are swapped. So my storage is now 1pX and sd is now 0pX

Edit startup.txt to proper partition. Leave all the rest unchanged.

Thanks! Found the problem:

You need to create ONE FAT32 partition on your SDCARD which IS NOT extended (so Primary) else the installer will not work..

trying to get your update working now.. hope it does :)

EDIT: Update doesn't work (the frb2update.tar.gz stays in Mystorage) so I will try to do it manually..

I was in fact on SGS2, but then the USB failed and I had to take it to the repair center and they told me (after 5 weeks) there was liquid damage and they want money, so I'm waiting for pics from them now ;)

EDIT2: When using market android hangs and there is nothing left to do.. any solutions?

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas

Thanks! Found the problem:

You need to create ONE FAT32 partition on your SDCARD which IS NOT extended (so Primary) else the installer will not work..

trying to get your update working now.. hope it does :)

EDIT: Update doesn't work (the frb2update.tar.gz stays in Mystorage) so I will try to do it manually..

I was in fact on SGS2, but then the USB failed and I had to take it to the repair center and they told me (after 5 weeks) there was liquid damage and they want money, so I'm waiting for pics from them now ;)

EDIT2: When using market android hangs and there is nothing left to do.. any solutions?

Which update are you using exactly (i.e. what is the name of the zip-file?)