CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for B7610 update 01-06 // I am stopping my contributions as my phone died

Guest erikcas

Guest erikcas

Be prepared for fresh install.

Google around how to back up your installed apps

recommended search string: adb backup apps

Edited by erikcas

Guest ErnstJanF

Should be working out of the box...

Here is what I did:

Format both Mystorage (1.5GB and 512MB partitions as extended) and SDcard (8GB primary FAT32)

Next, I extracted Beta3 to Mystorage and did the install. After that I copied the contents of your ZIP-file to Mystorage and booted up android (twice) but the frb2update did not dissapear! Then I extracted the update manually and after booting android the file in mystorage was gone (strange..).

Every time I start the market app the phone hangs, reinstalled 3 times now and still no improvements on both old and new market app.

Guest inf3rn0

Here is what I did:

Format both Mystorage (1.5GB and 512MB partitions as extended) and SDcard (8GB primary FAT32)

Next, I extracted Beta3 to Mystorage and did the install.

If I read correctly, the following is applicable:

2011-10-18: Froyo beta3. Introducing working bluetooth, autobrightness, phone working for all (IMEI is ok now, signal is much better), boot logo, , some other fixes like: proximity bug when calling, WiFi should obtain DNS addresses and sleep well now, reserved memory for 3D is increased - it should not cause white squares - result is less memory for system, that's why additional swap partition is created and used. DON'T USE AUTOMATIC INTERNAL STORAGE INSTALLER - IT HAS A BUG WHICH AVOIDS PROPER INSTALLING. WAIT FOR UPDATE!

Guest erikcas

Here is what I did:

Next, I extracted Beta3 to Mystorage and did the install. After that I copied the contents of your ZIP-file to Mystorage and booted up android (twice) but the frb2update did not dissapear! Then I extracted the update manually and after booting android the file in mystorage was gone (strange..).

Every time I start the market app the phone hangs, reinstalled 3 times now and still no improvements on both old and new market app.

the update is from last century :)

will have beta3 kernel available within an hour. Please wait for it.It has frb3update.tar.gz

That is why frb2update.tar.gz doesn't disappear.

If you you it now, you will have the next update to rename to frb2update.tar.gz

Best is you wait for an hour max.

I have 2 things to test left, then I will publish

Edited by erikcas

Guest inf3rn0

the update is from last century :)

will have beta3 available within an hour. Please wait for it.

:rolleyes: You're really outdoing yourself Erik ~ Keep the updates coming :P

Guest erikcas

update is compiling and is official, so it will be published on the google project page in the downloadsection.

I strongly advice to do a clean install.

Alternative is copy libsec-ril.so from beta3 image to /sd and /system/lib/ directories of your install and restore the symlinks in /system/lib/hw dir of your install.

Notice: The updates are called frb3update.tar.gz from now on.

If you decide not to fresh install, untar manually to your installation, or rename to frb2update.tar.gz and put on your my storage (you will only have to do this this time)

It might feel that this is not the real update you've been waiting for. Graphics and sound are lots better then in Beta2. But the code opens the door to (my) next challenge, make sensors work. (So at this time they don't work)

Guest ErnstJanF

update is compiling and is official, so it will be published on the google project page in the downloadsection.

Alternative is copy libsec-ril.so from beta3 image to /sd and /system/lib/ directories of your install and restore the symlinks in /system/lib/hw dir of your install.

If you decide not to fresh install, untar manually to your installation, or rename to frb2update.tar.gz and put on your my storage (you will only have to do this this time)

It might feel that this is not the real update you've been waiting for. Graphics and sound are lots better then in Beta2. But the code opens the door to (my) next challenge, make sensors work. (So at this time they don't work)

So with the official Beta3 installer it's frb3update.tar.gz ?

Guest ErnstJanF

Yes it is

Will try now, hopefully the market app doesn't lock android this time :)

EDIT: thank you erikcas! It's working :)

Edited by ErnstJanF

Guest erikcas

BETA3 KERNEL FOR B7610 AVAILABLE ON GOOGLE PROJECTPAGE

In download section.

Again:

Guest erikcas

For installation problems with installer, please refer to the I8000 beta3 forum.

Also, if you want the swap virtual memory to work, you have to make a fstab file in /etc dir

I will post mine here, but you will have to adjust it to your own partition numbers! For howto, see I8000 forum, pages ~85 -90.

fstab.zip

Guest inf3rn0

I installed your update manually ~ all is well (i had already manually updated beta3 filesystem)

Even the microphone is working for speech-input :D

only one thing - since the remap of the camera button to the camera app [makes perfect sense ;)], we dont have a homebutton anymore... could we map this to the unlock button?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

Edited by inf3rn0

Guest erikcas

I installed your update manually ~ all is well (i had already manually updated beta3 filesystem)

Even the microphone is working for speech-input :D

only one thing - since the remap of the camera button to the camera app [makes perfect sense ;)], we dont have a homebutton anymore... could we map this to the unlock button?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

Will look into this, in the long term. The lock and w&l button take you back to the homescreen in the end. Want to take a look at the sensors first

Guest erikcas

sensors seem to be working (included I5700 sensor-libs) though slow and contra

For screen landscape to portrait this is correctable (did it in eclair beta 1).

Compass I have to test. Remember from beta 1 we never solved this. Well, quite a challenge.

Edited by erikcas

Guest inf3rn0

Will look into this, in the long term. The lock and w&l button take you back to the homescreen in the end. Want to take a look at the sensors first

Thanks, but I found it:

In /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl, on line 2 change key 22 BACK to key 22 HOME.

Short pressing while viewing the default homescreen displays all screens, while short pressing on 'other-than-default' homescreens switches to the default homescreen.

Holding displays recently used apps.

Greetings,

Inf3rn0

EDIT:

The above line changes the setting for the unlock button. If you prefer to set the W&L button as the home button,

change line 30 - key 13 BACK to key 13 HOME

Of course, this is not neccessary, it just a personal wish - do what you want with this info...

Edited by inf3rn0

hi guys,

im stil getting stuck on the green "android" logo screen.. it flashes across (i.e. android logo highlights from left to right) about 5 or 6 times, hangs for a few seconds, disappears and then reappears - it keeps doing the same thing over and over.

had the same prob with beta 2, installed both beta 2 and 3 (manual install) on my storage, clean install each time.

-- edit:

fixed after running android without the rev75 kernel, i previously tried to update it all at once on the first boot

Edited by igw

Ive been using the update for some hours now. No major problems, camera,phone-network,gps,keyboard-slide etc work well. Keyboard layout seems ok to me (personally). Graphics and sound are definitely better too altough Drag racing is somewhat slow :angry:

Will test more.

Keep it up and thanks :)

Edited by Athlos

Guest matriX1218

Done...

My phone stays at Landscape (lef/right) mode only...

Too sensitive for auto rotate..

Display is not coming to Portrait Mode..

Please help...

Edited by matriX1218

Guest erikcas

Done...

Please help...

Sensor is inverted. So for portrait, hold phone upside-down.:P

Will try to fix it today.

Guest Mariuszmax

No wifi no bluetooth only main cam. B7610 has different hardware then I8000 for BT/wifi so this is not ported by devs. Maybe in the future but I need help with that. It could work according to Voyteckst.

Sensors are next on my list

sad.gif i'm using bluetooh each day for hands free in my car, need to wait,maybe one day....

Guest matriX1218

Sensor is inverted. So for portrait, hold phone upside-down.:P

Will try to fix it today.

Ya.. I'm using it same way...:P

Everybody is asking me why I'm using my phone is such a way..:lol:

Please fix it asap..

Guest erikcas

Ya.. I'm using it same way...:P

Everybody is asking me why I'm using my phone is such a way..:lol:

Please fix it asap..

Asap in the way that I have a wife and a three and a half weeks daughter that I want to pay attention to!;)

Guest centodue

Done...

Please help...

Simply solution for the moment:

Settings --> Display --> Autorotation OFF (deselect its)

for the moment you will use all correctly with slide keyboard working correctly

The only thing: don't make picture because axis are inverted and pictures will be inverted too ;-)

I tried just today to install and I can say that is very simple:

- Froyo beta3 with autoinstaller on SD card

- "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75" with manual installation (ubuntu)

I must use /install all but it seems very fast ...

Thank you to devs and to erikcas for B7610 release

Guest maddoc600

Simply solution for the moment:

Settings --> Display --> Autorotation OFF (deselect its)

for the moment you will use all correctly with slide keyboard working correctly

The only thing: don't make picture because axis are inverted and pictures will be inverted too ;-)

I tried just today to install and I can say that is very simple:

- Froyo beta3 with autoinstaller on SD card

- "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75" with manual installation (ubuntu)

I must use /install all but it seems very fast ...

Thank you to devs and to erikcas for B7610 release

Centodue may you shortly write a tutorial on how to do a fresh beta 3 install?

Centodue potresti scrivere un breve tutorial su come installare da zero questa beta 3?

grazie!