[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

ok. but

how does this happen

eyes-popping, jaw-dropping and speechless

you got me, man

was that a custom rom? if the chef points to alternate counter?

and just for my curiosity, could you please get another screen cap when it's charging?

my voltage reading would grow upto 3920mV

Edited by Job21

Guest stanleycc

For battery drain, I do think Android will consume more battery than WM.

I saw many posts complain battery drain to dev in this few days. However, some of them aren't provide solid information.

For me, using beta3 now, WiFi off, No Background data and Data connection disabled, Mobile signal 3G.

My device sleep 10hrs, battery drop from 83% to 72% (1.x% per hour). And I kill all the non-essentail apps before sleep.

Therefore, It's many variation for everyone. If use 2G only, then battery may have longer life. If enable Data + Background data + Auto-sync, it must consume much more power. Especially if you're running data needed apps in background (e.g. whatsapp, gmail, etc)

Also, GPS, Bluetooth are disabled. If enabled may have different result too.

Edited by stanleycc

Guest voyteckst

zimage of beta 3 updates caused auto rotate problems.:(

1. Not possible.

--------------------------------------------------

2. According to some claims that battery is used more if android sent to sleep manually. Simple answer: it's not possible.

Edited by voyteckst

1. Not possible.

--------------------------------------------------

2. According to some claims that battery is used more if android sent to sleep manually. Simple answer: it's not possible.

if you didnt install last update(frb3update.tar) it is happening

i had same problem

Guest greatwiseone

My beta3's battery life's pretty good (obviously if you have data on all day, the battery runs out pretty quickly). If you have SIGNIFICANT battery problems (which is what I had before), flash the phone part to JJ1 and it might fix your problem. I have a i8000L, and so the effect of the JJ1 flash might be different. For me, the flash made a HUGE difference and made the beta actually useful from a day-to-day standpoint.

My beta3's battery life's pretty good (obviously if you have data on all day, the battery runs out pretty quickly). If you have SIGNIFICANT battery problems (which is what I had before), flash the phone part to JJ1 and it might fix your problem. I have a i8000L, and so the effect of the JJ1 flash might be different. For me, the flash made a HUGE difference and made the beta actually useful from a day-to-day standpoint.

[dev team, correct me if i'm wrong]

but from my following of the posts, once u run haret, u're totally off from WM and rely on what is within ur android folders

and JJ1 phone part is already bundled in B3, so I guess we're level on that?

Edited by Job21

... skip ...

i really have no idea

but i just try to avoid manual sleep and pray for longer life (of my battery)

call me superstition

For developers team ,

Could someone tell me when will be fixed call bug problem ?? ( regarding the black screen when receive call ..3-4 seconds ) , because , in my opinion this is the big problem ( anyway .. I use my phone to make and receive phone calls .. , not to stay all the day long on the android market ...)

Anyway .., very good job done with porting Android Froyo on our worst windows mobile phone ( 800 MHz , 256 Mb RAM .... but just 158 user available ...)...

All the best for Dev. Team...

Guest antonio junior

eyes-popping, jaw-dropping and speechless

you got me, man

was that a custom rom? if the chef points to alternate counter?

and just for my curiosity, could you please get another screen cap when it's charging?

my voltage reading would grow upto 3920mV

how to use google translator did not understand very well the questions, but answer the wayI understand it.

ROM is the gingerbread unofficial 3.3.7the other question is not understood.

post-766844-0-86324300-1321870857_thumb.

Edited by antonio junior

how to use google translator did not understand very well the questions, but answer the wayI understand it.

ROM is the gingerbread unofficial 3.3.7the other question is not understood.

thx, and u answered part of my question already, unofficial rom = custom rom

for the rest, maybe just forget it

Guest matriX1218

To Devs,

I've noticed that some how the clock is not updating on notification bar but it is actually updated in apps we are using...

If we use any app which is showing time on home screen we can see that the app is showing correct time while time on notification bar is not changing/updating...

Guest voyteckst

To Devs,

I've noticed that some how the clock is not updating on notification bar but it is actually updated in apps we are using...

If we use any app which is showing time on home screen we can see that the app is showing correct time while time on notification bar is not changing/updating...

We simply can't reproduce Your problem. For us clock is updating fine.

Guest andylau

To Devs,

days ago, the clockdidn't update on notification bar for me too, but now it works well, maybe the theme matters, so you can try the themes in this forums, it's great and beautiful

Guest matriX1218

We simply can't reproduce Your problem. For us clock is updating fine.

Its not my problem at all... If no SIM card present, the clock on notification bar is not updated but in application it is updated,,,

Guest haymant

Thanks, following ur suggestion, my battery consumption drops below 1-%/per hour now.

(* For advance user and dev *)

The file is build.prop located at "system" folder. ...

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
debug.sf.hw=1
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
postprocess.iso_midband=400
postprocess.denoise_level=5
pm.sleep_mode=1

Guest shoarmabakpao

And? Compatibility with S3C6410 devices does not mean compatibility with rest of its hardware..

Hey!! I tried to get cyanogenmod working but I simply can't get it too boot. I used this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1273718

as a guide line to help me through but yet I get stuck at Android on Omnia II Loading.. screen

Do you have any idea? Or if you have time could you send me an pm with some tips?

Guest StanTody

FINALLY! For 2 days trying I can get Android on my O2! Sweet! Almost apps works fine! Thx! Really thx for @PuCiNhOOO his do the hard working loosing all day try to fix my MyStorage (all problem its there). Thx for @antonio junior that give me some tips, thx to @Voyteckst to make the installer, and for other Devs! Thx guys!

I will be back soon! (now its time to use some Android)

João Vicente, I have very same problem as yours - can you provide short tips how did you solve it, please ?

Thanks in advance !

Guest voyteckst

Hey!! I tried to get cyanogenmod working but I simply can't get it too boot. I used this: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1273718

as a guide line to help me through but yet I get stuck at Android on Omnia II Loading.. screen

Do you have any idea? Or if you have time could you send me an pm with some tips?

This thread is for beta not for CM. If I will have working wifi, I'll share it with You and rest. Just waiting for sources access, because it won't download properly.

BTW. It's from Spica sources, but with files modified for O2.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest shoarmabakpao

This thread is for beta not for CM. If I will have working wifi, I'll share it with You and rest. Just waiting for sources access, because it won't download properly.

BTW. It's from Spica sources, but with files modified for O2.

Okay! Thank you for replying this quick!

And yes, sorry about asking about CM in this forum. I also used Spica sources but it didn't boot. I think it has to do with copying issue's since when I connect my phone (on windows mobile 6.5) then ubuntu doesn't always recognize it's ext4 partition. So I have to reboot the pc and try various usb-ports.

Do you also have this issue? I also tried using an sd-card reader and that didn't help either. Is my SD-card damaged?

What I try besides CM is looking at the files and looking for things that could be improved. And if I found something that could, then I would edit it and put it on the phone. This is were it fails because of it not recognizing the ext4 partition. Sometimes it does and mostly it does not.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest carlospaco

The file is build.prop located at "system" folder. ...

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1
debug.sf.hw=1
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
postprocess.iso_midband=400
postprocess.denoise_level=5
pm.sleep_mode=1

I managed to get connected to AGPS within seconds but coarse GPS it takes, somewhere in between one hour and one hour and a half, to connect. It's annoying.

I bought licence for SYGIC(offline navigator with offline maps) but I can't use it because it takes so long to connect to GPS. I tried GPS fix app, but doesn't fix the problem. My simcard doesn't have a data plan.

I have a old Sonny Ericsson Xperia X1 and it connects to GPS in less than 2 min.

Edited by bf5