[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest andylau

mine is 8gb i install in 2gb sd card and it show only 523 mb then where is 7+ gb gone

bluetooth dosent work for me its disable

idi you have more than one partitions in your my storage? you can try to format your my storage, maybe the 523M partition is the logical one(k1p1) mounted as storage in android as default

Guest antonio junior

i followed the instructions for installing froyo to internal storage. i have the 8gb version and create the folowing partitions:

1 primary fat 32, exactly 6687mb (sdcard)

1 primary ext4, exactly 1024mb (system)

1 primary linux-swap, exactly 128mb

mounted the first two partitions, copied the extracted files from ext4.tar.gz to 'system', downloaded zimage from updatefix1, copied that with startup.txt from froyobeta2 manual installer and haret.exe, both from root folder, to sdcard

but i did not use the commands to transfer, i used 'sudo nautilus'

so far so good, i clicked haret.exe, on top of the screen 'android for i8000' or something else appears, then the android logo.

now the problem, i waited. yeah, i waited and waited and waited..and waited.and went to toilet..and waited..and took a shower and android did not start! it seemed as though the logo shone in a endless loop! i took the battery off and tried again..but failed again..

can anyone help me?

puts the CPU performance in Windows Mobile for automatic or high, if it is done all right in your installation.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest s jithu

idi you have more than one partitions in your my storage? you can try to format your my storage, maybe the 523M partition is the logical one(k1p1) mounted as storage in android as default

in winmo my stoarge is 7836 mb and there is only one partition of fat32 ( i checked in minitool its total 7.66gb and other 7.2 gb and other 512 mb both or logical

in start.txt its dev/mmcblk0p2 is there any thing to change

Edited by s jithu

in winmo my stoarge is 7836 mb and there is only one partition of fat32 ( i checked in minitool its total 7.66gb and other 7.2 gb and other 512 mb

pls first understand the file structure

storage / root / swap / SDcard etc.

Guest s jithu

pls first understand the file structure

storage / root / swap / SDcard etc.

i have no knowdlege of linux so im not able to understand im sorry can u tell me what to do pls

i have no knowdlege of linux so im not able to understand im sorry can u tell me what to do pls

u're having a SD installation so

5xx mb u saw, is the space remaining under root (the partition of system)

remaining room of the card, shall be shown as SDcard

ur internal storage is named as "storage", check if the maths is good

Guest andylau

in winmo my stoarge is 7836 mb and there is only one partition of fat32 ( i checked in minitool its total 7.66gb and other 7.2 gb and other 512 mb both or logical

so that the problem! you should format your my storage as only one partition as logical, otherwise the android will mount the my storage as storage as k1p5 as default

or you can edit the init.rc as you like:

change this line: mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

to: mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1px /storage

letter x should be a number and x is 5 as default for the first logical partition, and 6 for second, 7 for third one

there is no need to edit your startup.txt

Guest Nelson Neoh

i followed the instructions for installing froyo to internal storage. i have the 8gb version and create the folowing partitions:

1 primary fat 32, exactly 6687mb (sdcard)

1 primary ext4, exactly 1024mb (system)

1 primary linux-swap, exactly 128mb

mounted the first two partitions, copied the extracted files from ext4.tar.gz to 'system', downloaded zimage from updatefix1, copied that with startup.txt from froyobeta2 manual installer and haret.exe, both from root folder, to sdcard

but i did not use the commands to transfer, i used 'sudo nautilus'

so far so good, i clicked haret.exe, on top of the screen 'android for i8000' or something else appears, then the android logo.

now the problem, i waited. yeah, i waited and waited and waited..and waited.and went to toilet..and waited..and took a shower and android did not start! it seemed as though the logo shone in a endless loop! i took the battery off and tried again..but failed again..

can anyone help me?

Set your best performance in WM mode before you start herat.

And I am wondering have you changed the line in startup.txt? It should refer to the location of your ext4 partition (something like mmcblk1p3 or k1p2).

Guest roboreaper

i reinstalled beta2 and updated it to top beta 3 but de frb2.txt says everything failed....

does anyone has this to?

a fresh install. done step by step

( fbr2.txt output) 

Starting update

Correcting pointercal permissions

Changing permissions.

Changing WiFi firmware

Correcting wifi dhcp settings

Checking modules:

Si4709_driver.ko: FAILED

crc32.ko: FAILED

dpram.ko: FAILED

libertasspi.ko: FAILED

multipdp.ko: FAILED

param.ko: FAILED

s3c_camera.ko: FAILED

s3c_rotator.ko: FAILED

vibrator.ko: FAILED

Update finished, rebooting.

tried to update beta 3 with update 1 but nothing happens to the frb3xxxx.tar and nu log file

Edited by roboreaper

Guest sgmem88

plz help,i run androidinstall.exe and it says "you requested a partition from ...mb to ....mb . the closest location we can manage is .... mb to .... mb. is this still acceptable to you? yes/no?"it probably waits for an answer but how am i supposed to answer?

Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to delete and re-create the partition, format then re-run the installation

puts the CPU performance in Windows Mobile for automatic or high, if it is done all right in your installation.

Set your best performance in WM mode before you start herat.

And I am wondering have you changed the line in startup.txt? It should refer to the location of your ext4 partition (something like mmcblk1p3 or k1p2).

thank for your reply

i already set the performance to high

yes, i changed the line in startup.txt as in the instruction. what do you mean with 'mmcblk1p3 or k1p2' ? how cand i find out the location of my ext4 partition?

First of all I want to express my deep thanks to the dev team for this fine piece of work. :)

I cannot effort to spend a fortune for a new device every two years. so I am very grateful to be able to breathe a second life into my O2.

And the port is running incredible smooth and stable on this aged device. I am running a lot of apps now and if they do not require to much power as, e.g., Mobile Observatory, everything is fast enough.

In rare cases it is freezing, more often during boot, but this is acceptible.

A funny thing is the clock which I never get automatically set properly to GMT+1 (MET). Network synchronization seems not to work. I am using now the ClockSync app and it sets the system time correctly, but the analog clock widget is always one hour behind.

The phone is still slow and I missed incoming calls, because the phone does not show at all or very belated.

What I am desperately missing is the FM Radio. I tried FM TwoO which was developed for the Samsung Galaxy S. I always thought that the two devices identically in terms of hardware. But it failed. Probably the device drivers are missing or the like.

But anyway, I am rather happy!

Guest lzq55555

Thanks voyteckst, thansk DEV ! "25.11.2011 Prepare for big step ahead. Beta 1 of CyanogenMod 6 (old betas will be discontinued probably). It should be available this weekend. And I can say, that it's really fast ;-) "See this message I am really excited!

Guest rom_omnia2

CyanogenMod is an aftermarket firmware for a number of cell phones based on the open-source Android operating system. It offers features not found in the official Android based firmwares of vendors of these cell phones.

This is it?

Guest Vol7riX

Thanks voyteckst, thansk DEV ! "25.11.2011 Prepare for big step ahead. Beta 1 of CyanogenMod 6 (old betas will be discontinued probably). It should be available this weekend. And I can say, that it's really fast ;-) "See this message I am really excited!

is it Froyo or gingerbread distribution???

init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblklp2 /system/sd

fstab:

/dev/block/mmcblklp3 swap

startup.txt:

root=/dev/mmcblklp2 init/init

and

vold.fstab:

# externel sdcard

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

did i do anything wrong or do i have to change the lines? i want to install froyo in my internal storage

Edited by Hung.

Guest longsin

init.rc:

fstab:

startup.txt:

and

vold.fstab:

# externel sdcard

did i do anything wrong or do i have to change the lines? i want to install froyo in my internal storage

fstab:

/dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap

startup.txt:

root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init/init

Guest longsin

init.rc:

fstab:

startup.txt:

and

vold.fstab:

# externel sdcard

fstab:

/dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap

startup.txt:

root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init/init