[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest kukafei

init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblklp2 /system/sd

fstab:

/dev/block/mmcblklp3 swap

startup.txt:

root=/dev/mmcblklp2 init/init

and

vold.fstab:

# externel sdcard

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0

did i do anything wrong or do i have to change the lines? i want to install froyo in my internal storage

If you dont have a sdcard, internal storage is mmcblk0p1

init.rc

Remove the service flash_recovery /system/etc/install-recovery.sh in front of #

And in / system / etc to create install-recovery.sh

install-recovery.sh:

busybox mkswap / dev/block/mmcblk0p3

busybox swapon / dev/block/mmcblk0p3

or

busybox mkswap / dev/block/mmcblk0p7

busybox swapon / dev/block/mmcblk0p7

And formatting internal memory for the swap partition 3

vold.fstab

Because you dont have sdcard, so internal memory is

/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

Also mmcblk0p1

Edited by kukafei

Very exciting! CyanogenMod....WOW. Keep up the good work!

Voytecks said not to spam, please, if you want devs to keep up the good work let them working and click in "+" button on the right side of the post.

Sorry about my poor english.

Regards,

urkopi!

Guest AoSra1n

Voyteckst always teases us with new releases. :) its so nerve-racking! I hope its a new thread, this one is too cluttered.

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest haze028

what are some of the advantages to the cryogenmod? will we see improved stability/features on top of the speed increase voyteckst mentioned in the update to post 1? possibility of a fully flashable rom?

Guest voyteckst

when i install ginger Jet-CyanogenMOD+7.1+RC+BETA4.tar on my i8000 mostly work but

it need to be some modification

I think MR VOY can midified it

IT WILL NOT WORK SMOOTH. I wrote it many times.

And it is not Jet but simply taken from Spica.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest infernoMP

IT WILL NOT WORK SMOOTH. I wrote it many times.

And it is not Jet but simply taken from Spica.

Hi voyteckst. The new cyanogen beta will be also installed in my storage/sd card or it's a ROM installed in NAND memory?. I wouldn't mind to test it :)

It will work the tool to create a "wifi" network from our data plan?

Thanks for your time and work

Guest voyteckst

Hi voyteckst. The new cyanogen beta will be also installed in my storage/sd card or it's a ROM installed in NAND memory?. I wouldn't mind to test it :)

It will work the tool to create a "wifi" network from our data plan?

Thanks for your time and work

No nand yet. We have nand working, but not for android yet.

And I can tell You that on my cheap class 10 sd card it works much better than on my storage (probably good class6 is comparable to my storage) ;-)

Guest nikkotsoi

No nand yet. We have nand working, but not for android yet.

And I can tell You that on my cheap class 10 sd card it works much better than on my storage (probably good class6 is comparable to my storage) ;-)

what is your micro sd card?

i am just using the cheapest sandisk 4gb

Guest kissjoe

Hello,

Probably would be good if we could compare your sd card speed with ours.

For test i would prefer to use program called: crystal disk mark (easy to find). If possible please share your results. here

Would be reasonable to share in a new thread the speed results with different cards for comparism. If my infos are correct often class 10 cards has worse performance with small file- reading writing than a lower class cards. People will be able to choose the best card for the system.

Of course comparism make sense if we test the card in the same way. For me best speed is reached when the card is plugged directly to the PC through reader. Not through USB -Phone connection.

more info here: http://www.tomshardw...mance,3011.html

thanks

Edited by kissjoe

Guest voyteckst

Hello,

Probably would be good if we could compare your sd card speed with ours.

For test i would prefer to use program called: crystal disk mark (easy to find). If possible please share your results. here

Would be reasonable to share in a new thread the speed results with different cards for comparism. If my infos are correct often class 10 cards has worse performance with small file- reading writing than a lower class cards. People will be able to choose the best card for the system.

Of course comparism make sense if we test the card in the same way. For me best speed is reached when the card is plugged directly to the PC through reader. Not through USB -Phone connection.

more info here: http://www.tomshardw...mance,3011.html

thanks

Sorry i do not have time for it. I've done some tests on android with dd and syncing fs 3 times after it. PC tests are useless - besides for android we use ext4 fs not fat32.

Sent from my GT-I8000 using Tapatalk.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest ferniebiker

hey. how long the SD installation can take? it takes me about 1 hour and it isn't finished yet. My sd card is FAT32.

The last operation was Checking FAT32 partition number.

Any help?

EDIT: Problem solved!!

I'm having the same problem, how did you solve it?

Guest alabama20

devs ..what about new update ? time is... :))))))) im so exited and waiting :))) but some info ?

I really hope too, that tomorrow it'll be released because the next week will be f@cking hard at the university and i'll have no time for the droid :S

Guest erikcas

I really hope too, that tomorrow it'll be released because the next week will be f@cking hard at the university and i'll have no time for the droid :S

Do you want steady, stable and tested android or quick, untested and buggy android with a forum full of questions that will not be asked if pre-tested?

;)