[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest dimasik55

please help with calibration! replaced the touchscreen, now knocked down calibration. how to fix? sorry for my English.

Edited by dimasik55

Guest voyteckst

With the new version correct the problem with camera ????

Thank you

We do not observe this problem, so rather not. Maybe in the future new cam driver will be written, but it's matter of two months of work for one person.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Hey I can not login with my Google Acount.

When I go to settings there is no option to do that!

Because of this I cant get my contacts from my Gmail acount (can not get from SIM because of error which I had always on android)

Does anyone face the same problem? Should I first format my SD card and then perform a clean install?

Guest nikkotsoi

OH MY GOD

I love you so much DEVs

You guys said your works will slow down.

However a week after that... New version comes up!

How big this surprise is!!

I am so sad to know that you guys doesn't accept donation!

If not i will definitely donate some money for you,,

Or is there any way that we can appreciate your awesome job on our i8000?

Anyway

THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Guest voyteckst

Hey I can not login with my Google Acount.

When I go to settings there is no option to do that!

Because of this I cant get my contacts from my Gmail acount (can not get from SIM because of error which I had always on android)

Does anyone face the same problem? Should I first format my SD card and then perform a clean install?

Do a clean install, because lot of things changed.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I tested all functionalities before posting, so it just must work. Bu I always made clean install.

Okay, Just completed backing up. Also formatted it. Now it is back installing and since it also auto detects My Storage partition I won't need to make any changes to my settings ^_^

Oh by the way, did you, the dev's improve the 2d/3d driver? Gameboid (Gameboy emulator) with pokemon Emerald ran butter smooth even with sound enabled!

And one other thing. You said that you were preparing an HDPI version of Android. Won't it need more (v)ram to show the higher resolution images? Or am I getting it all wrong? (just asking since you got it already but with things missing in it, so you could now if it uses less or more ram)

Guest voyteckst

Okay, Just completed backing up. Also formatted it. Now it is back installing and since it also auto detects My Storage partition I won't need to make any changes to my settings ^_^

Oh by the way, did you, the dev's improve the 2d/3d driver? Gameboid (Gameboy emulator) with pokemon Emerald ran butter smooth even with sound enabled!

And one other thing. You said that you were preparing an HDPI version of Android. Won't it need more (v)ram to show the higher resolution images? Or am I getting it all wrong? (just asking since you got it already but with things missing in it, so you could now if it uses less or more ram)

I think there is maybe 1-2mb difference beetween hdpi and mdpi not more.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I think there is maybe 1-2mb difference beetween hdpi and mdpi not more.

Okay I get it ^_^ That's great =)

I just finished installing it and now everything works ^_^

Also the lag still exist when opening the Choose Widget Menu. Also cool that Live Wallpapers are enabled by default! but it is better not to enable a live wallpaper since it needs resources. CyanogenMod Beta 2 is definitely alot faster then Beta 1!

Also the images look alot better. It looks like it's on High Quality or so =S Just unbelievable quick :o

However I just managed to crash it . I opend the Android Market (no download was made!!) and then I pressed the home button->App drawer->Music->Crash, went back to the O2Droid loading screen.

I was not able to reproduce the error though. So I think it just did that since I did not reboot after the fresh install.

P.S. Should I install an Task killer? Or is the internal Task killer better?

P.S 2: I tested out DSPManager but it still does not work properly. I tried adjusting the settings but the audio quality remained the same (headset) and did the phone's audio improve? I think it got alot louder on android :o

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest nikkotsoi

hello

i have been using from eclair beta 1 to now

I have never tried the phone showing without changing the phone image (that means using i6500)

"NO service" but it can identify the name of my service provider

i have tried changing the cm_update_wm.sh to cm_o2_update.sh

still not working and i found the "cm_o2_update.sh" is still here after rebooting

is it possible my phone is not working because of the change in phone image in cmb2?

thank you so much

Guest nikkotsoi

by the way

the mounting option of my storage is now changed

where should i add the code about =utf8??

i want to read chinese characters instead of ??? in my storage

Thank you

Guest nikkotsoi

hello

i have been using from eclair beta 1 to now

I have never tried the phone showing without changing the phone image (that means using i6500)

"NO service" but it can identify the name of my service provider

i have tried changing the cm_update_wm.sh to cm_o2_update.sh

still not working and i found the "cm_o2_update.sh" is still here after rebooting

is it possible my phone is not working because of the change in phone image in cmb2?

thank you so much

problem solved with my second time clean install

Guest shoarmabakpao

problem solved with my second time clean install

ok! Hey, after you are done installing, could you check if you could install WhatsApp?

I just cant get it to install from the market :(

EDIT: I got it working! I went to https://market.android.com and downloaded from there Whatsapp. That way my phone downloaded and installed Whatsapp automaticly ^_^

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest marios32

I have a slight suspicion that when i play music from the actual storage of the phone the music stutters a bit and this is with beta 2.

Over all though th b2 seems to be quite a bit faster and snappier, theme is nice too.

Oh and, i don't know about others but dsp in my opinion, doesn't make any difference.

Thats all, and again i would like to thank all the devs that have given us so much. :)

Guest voyteckst

FM radio bug:close screen FM radio not working

It's not a bug, it's a feature which allows to listen radio after locking screen. There is a turn-off button in the radio.

Hi, I don't know if this can be flagged as Linux problem or is a tar problem.

I tried to use the automatic install on internal storage, I created and formated the partitions, rename the file, etc. following the instructions, and the install failed, and because I didn't saw the error I tried the manual install, following the steps in

and when I try to untar the ext4.tar, I get the error "tar: A lone zero block at 343398", I'm using live ubuntu 11.10, just for information this are the last lines before the error :

xbin/rtcwake

xbin/cal

xbin/sqlite3

xbin/wc

xbin/bttest

system/app/LauncherPro.apk

system/app/Term.apk

loadmod.wm

system/lib/libsec-ril.so.wm

modules/dpram.ko.wm

tar: A lone zero block at 343398

I already formated several times and tried different sizes of the partitions, redownloaded the file, and still the same error.

TIA.

Guest voyteckst

Hi, I don't know if this can be flagged as Linux problem or is a tar problem.

I tried to use the automatic install on internal storage, I created and formated the partitions, rename the file, etc. following the instructions, and the install failed, and because I didn't saw the error I tried the manual install, following the steps in http://windows.modac...77#entry1829477

and when I try to untar the ext4.tar, I get the error "tar: A lone zero block at 343398", I'm using live ubuntu 11.10, just for information this are the last lines before the error :

xbin/rtcwake

xbin/cal

xbin/sqlite3

xbin/wc

xbin/bttest

system/app/LauncherPro.apk

system/app/Term.apk

loadmod.wm

system/lib/libsec-ril.so.wm

modules/dpram.ko.wm

tar: A lone zero block at 343398

I already formated several times and tried different sizes of the partitions, redownloaded the file, and still the same error.

TIA.

Re-download. It was tested many times.

Guest synescu

Re-download. It was tested many times.

I have same "problem" with ext4.tar.gz archive. I already downloaded twice

even if it looks this error seems to "work" the same

Edited by synescu

Guest voyteckst

I have same "problem" with ext4.tar.gz archive. I already downloaded twice

even if it looks this error seems to "work" the same

So, how You will explain, that for other people it just works?