[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest marios32

Could somebody please kindly mirror cm_beta2.zip? I am downloading it now but it is going so slow and keeps stopping. It says 6 hours for 130 MB which should take me about 13 seconds on an average day.

They need the stats from downloads, so no one provides mirrors. Please be patient.

Also, @ipaq3870

How do we clear dalvik cache ?

Never mind.

For anyone who doesn't know how to do it as well, here it is.

$su

#cd data/dalvik-cache

#rm *

#exit

$exit

reboot

Edited by marios32

Guest dpspcdrgn

They need the stats from downloads, so no one provides mirrors. Please be patient.

Ahhhh, yes. I forgot about that detail :P

Oh well, 4 to 8 hours it is! :)

Guest marios32

Ok i am a little worried now. I know clearing the cache is supposed to take at least 5 minutes or even 15 i 've heard.

But the bootlogo has stopped moving for a good 10 minutes now and its still there...

I am gonna leave it there for like half an hour and see what happens.. I hope i don't have to re-flash :unsure:

Reporting back with good news. I pulled the battery after all that time and it booted up normally with an amazing boot time of 1 minute and 20 seconds(since i touched haret.exe :lol:)

Also the phone is so much faster, its crazy. Thanks a lot for making me clean dalvik :D

Edited by marios32

Guest nikkotsoi

Dear voyteckst, long time have no NEWS, it's stopped or...

it is only one month

do you know how long we waited between froyo beta1 and beta 2 ?

Also,, the devs said the development had been slow down already

Although i am also very excited about the new release, just wait patienty.:lol:

Guest marios32

I tried that yesterday and it was plain slow for me. ADW Launcher EX is 100% lagfree me.

You are tweaked :P

As for me, no one is smoother than launcher pro ;)

Guest vakaloka

Just out of curiosity, has anyone compiled iptables binaries? I enabled iptables in kernel but I still need the modules I think

Guest shoarmabakpao

i agree

launcher pro is the fastest one :lol:

Haha xD My Launcher Pro is 100% lag free, same goes for ADW Launcher EX :D

Other launchers that use many 3d effects do lag since we lack good 3d drivers.

Also the reason why I dont use launcherpro is because my ICS animations don't work wtih it dry.gif That's why I use ADW Launcher EX with ICS theme + ICS animations work with that :D

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest eknohr

@shoarmabakpao did you found a way to pack your tweaks in an update file? (cm_o2_update.tar.gz)

cause I try to do one and didn't worked! and since I don't have Linux I can't access my SDCard as a root and copy the files directly.

Any Idea of an alternative method?

EDIT*****

I repacked the ext4.tar.gz file and reinstall everything, looks like that works!!! cause I can see the new booting logo.

Edited by eknohr

Guest marios32

Well i just discovered a that most of my applications including(all browsers,opera,market, etc) get force closed when i try to open them. (Restarts cant fix it, so i guess its something permanent.)

Can clearing the dalvik cache have that effect on the phone ? Cause i didn't do anything else to ruin it. :unsure:

I ll provide logs when i can.

Well i re-cleaned dalvik and everything seems to be normal again.

Oh beta, how i love you :P

Edited by marios32

Guest shoarmabakpao

@shoarmabakpao did you found a way to pack your tweaks in an update file? (cm_o2_update.tar.gz)

cause I try to do one and didn't worked! and since I don't have Linux I can't access my SDCard as a root and copy the files directly.

Any Idea of an alternative method?

EDIT*****

I repacked the ext4.tar.gz file and reinstall everything, looks like that works!!! cause I can see the new booting logo.

I tried to make a update.tar.gz but for me it did not work :( Mabey it had to with that I did not know the proper way of making a update file for beta3 :(((

Guest hovensy

Also, @ipaq3870

How do we clear dalvik cache ?

Never mind.

For anyone know doesn't know how to do it as well, here it is.

$su

#cd data/dalvik-cache

#rm *

#exit

$exit

reboot

where do i do these scripts? in android terminal?? thanks

Guest ipaq3870

Just out of curiosity, has anyone compiled iptables binaries? I enabled iptables in kernel but I still need the modules I think

If you are compiling your own kernel and has already enabled netfilter, isn't it easy to just enable few more iptable modules?? They are just few lines below the configuration, right?

Edited by ipaq3870

Guest eric liew

hi guys, haven't been following for some time but wowzers and hats down to the Team with the Cyano beta 2 updates.

i downloaded and run the autoinstaller and installed to SD card. tested everything and yeah it's a sweet candy.

i got 1 problem left though, a big 1 too... my Phone isn't working.

i check the txt file... Notes:

1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

how do i fix this? step by step, where should i put the script file and execute it? i use android terminal and ./ the file at My storage and reboot...and it Hangs at booting page. Loading omnia 2....

anyone can help? please advise.

Guest mircoron

And by the way, there seems to be a problem with the B1/B2 build that triggers re-scan of every single installed package during boot. I patched the package manager service and re-instated the correct behaviour, and now it takes half the time to boot. The time saving is enormous. In case you want to try, apply the attached services.jar, clear dalvik cache, reboot, and enjoy. First time reboot should be very slow due to cache being re-created. YMMV. No warranty or guarantee of course :-)

Sorry, but how i can apply the patch?

How can i run services.jar?

Thanks in advance

Guest erikcas

Do we have to download 2d/3d drivers separately? or is everything contained in the latest installer?

Drivers are included, don't download seperately

hi guys, haven't been following for some time but wowzers and hats down to the Team with the Cyano beta 2 updates.

i downloaded and run the autoinstaller and installed to SD card. tested everything and yeah it's a sweet candy.

i got 1 problem left though, a big 1 too... my Phone isn't working.

i check the txt file... Notes:

1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

how do i fix this? step by step, where should i put the script file and execute it? i use android terminal and ./ the file at My storage and reboot...and it Hangs at booting page. Loading omnia 2....

anyone can help? please advise.

As described. Put renamed files on root on my storage where haret is. Run haret, afterwards reboot

Guest vakaloka

If you are compiling your own kernel and has already enabled netfilter, isn't it easy to just enable few more iptable modules?? They are just few lines below the configuration, right?

hmmm do you mean in menuconfig? i thought modules were compiled independently from kernel

Guest ipaq3870

hmmm do you mean in menuconfig? i thought modules were compiled independently from kernel

Right - enable the modules you want and just do a make modules after make zImage should be good enough.

Guest ipaq3870

Sorry, but how i can apply the patch?

How can i run services.jar?

No, you don't run it. To apply, just drop it into the /system/framework directory. Do remember to backup first the original file first.