[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest slavisakovac

Hello to all ......I have a problem when I install cm_beta2. I have an external memory of 2 gb, but when I click on androidinstal.exe not installed by the end, negona middle of installing the phone restarts. when switched on again on the external memory card to reduce memory of 732mb .. What's the problem? Thank you very much, and pardon the poor English

Edited by slavisakovac

Guest Peterbbk

Hi,

This shouls be easy as i want to make an external SD installation....

I followed the the suggestion on the project site "Before using read included README file and make backup."

Okay, it does not say much so this must be easy....

1. Copy all files and folders to My Storage - Done

2. Enter to o2beta folder - Okay

3a. For external SD install, just click installandroid.exe - No No!!... It starts to complain about some storage space where i had to answer yes/no.. impossible to answer as i no keyboard is active. I changed the text sd.cpio.gz to sd_ms.cpio.gz in the startup.txt file and got it to work though the whole installation...

4. Wait, extracting ~150MB could take time. - No problem

5. After reboot run haret.exe from My Storage - Nope!!! Now it asks for a Default.txt :-o ... I copied the startup.txt to the o2beta folder and it looked as for a while that it would boot with android but then it rebooted up with windows mobile again...

6. Enjoy! - Not yet - im stuck here.. What am i doing wrong??? The readme file is not much of help

Edited by Peterbbk

Guest olivex

I installed cm beta 2 on my I8000 (SD card) but when checking my storage in settings, it says my SD card is destroyed. If I start camera it complains I have no SD card installed. And for internal storage, it says I only have 0.94GB in total, while actually I should have 8GB. What is wrong?The SD card is 4GB, I have 1024MB ext4 and 128MB swap, as cm beta2 requires. Other space is FAT32.

Edited by olivex

Guest shoarmabakpao

I installed cm beta 2 on my I8000 (SD card) but when checking my storage in settings, it says my SD card is destroyed. If I start camera it complains I have no SD card installed. And for internal storage, it says I only have 0.94GB in total, while actually I should have 8GB. What is wrong?The SD card is 4GB, I have 1024MB ext4 and 128MB swap, as cm beta2 requires. Other space is FAT32.

Does your sd-card work properly in Windows Mobile?

Guest djhoulio

I had the same problem and this worked for me.

You can try to reformat the FAT32 partition of the SD card on your PC using MiniTool Partition Wizard. Turn your phone on winmo and connect it in ''massive storage- sd card'' mode to your PC.

When you will connect the phone to PC, if windows ask you to format the card don' t format it because it will erase the other two partitions too.

Open MiniTool Partition Wizard, delete and reformat only the FAT32 partition of your sd card again as fat32 primary. Save changes and return to android.

As for the internal 8 Gb memory, it doesn't showing in settings. You will find your 8 Gb by opening the default ''file manager'' and press the ''house'' button. It's the ''storage''. ;)

Guest Dargor

I was never able to install the last beta on my omnia's storage.. I cant install in the SD card because the metal piece that was holding the SD card broke.. and I cant put the sd card anymore.. so my only option was to install in my storage..

since there is no guide to install this beta y tried to install the same way that the beta 1s but not susccess there.. it just stuck in "loading android" screen..

if anyone suscceeds on install in "my storage" can please share with me the way.. because I cant

Guest ipaq3870

Yes because driver must be ported from kernel 3.0 to 2.6.32.9. I don't know how much time it will take. It's not only matter of libs.

Besides spica screen resolution is 4 times lower if i calculate correctly (that's not half). That's why their benchmarks are better. Additionally their current kernel has optimized memory etc...

That's why I was trying the reverse - porting things from 2.6.32 to tom3q's 3.0 kernel, which should be an easier path I think. I ended up spending one day to hack up a bootable kernel but it still needs much work.

I am out of time right now, and if you guys have time to spare and want to work on it, you can get it from github.com/ipaq3870

BTW, on github, I also have a 2.6.32 kernel that contains the code to many fixes and improvements:

• Camera key crash fix when simultaneously pressing camera key with 2 other buttons
  • HZ=500 and voluntary preemption for improved interactivity
  • 24-bit framebuffer - color bandings are gone and image looks much better albeit slower
  • Widget scrolling speed increase
  • Alternate USB driver that is less prone to connection problems esp during boot up
  • Kexec support to load kernel within userspace and to bypass windows (still needs work)
  • Added ramzswap aka compcache module
  • ram console to log kernel messages that survive reboots
  • hardware watchdog to reset in case of kernel crash
  • Key combos to hard reboot (lock + volup + camera) that save the time to pull out battery
  • Turned on some compiler optimization
  • Misc fixes to oops, deadlock, leaks, gpio, ...

See commit log for details and credits. Hope it is useful to anyone interested.

Guest voyteckst

That's why I was trying the reverse - porting things from 2.6.32 to tom3q's 3.0 kernel, which should be an easier path I think. I ended up spending one day to hack up a bootable kernel but it still needs much work.

I am out of time right now, and if you guys have time to spare and want to work on it, you can get it from github.com/ipaq3870

BTW, on github, I also have a 2.6.32 kernel that contains the code to many fixes and improvements:

• Camera key crash fix when simultaneously pressing camera key with 2 other buttons
  • 24-bit framebuffer - color bandings are gone and image looks much better albeit slower
  • Alternate USB driver that is less prone to connection problems esp during boot up
  • Kexec support to load kernel within userspace and to bypass windows (still needs work)
  • Key combos to hard reboot (lock + volup + camera) that save the time to pull out battery

Does it base on latest kernel updates?

Guest nikkotsoi

Wifi should work fine. But I have to update framework on github with Sandor's sources with FMRadio.

Yes because driver must be ported from kernel 3.0 to 2.6.32.9. I don't know how much time it will take. It's not only matter of libs.

Besides spica screen resolution is 4 times lower if i calculate correctly (that's not half). That's why their benchmarks are better. Additionally their current kernel has optimized memory etc...

by the way

i got my friend 's spica with 2.2 installed and using same(or similar?) 3d driver

we got 3d score about 90 in quadrant old version

the spica also!!

but now in new version, we got only 50 something

but the spica got 2xx something

so i think the new driver will improve the performance a lot

anyway, i don't know much about the kernel

however, it is difficult for porting the driver from 3.0 back to 2.6.32.9

so can we update our whole kernel to 3.0? i think it is even more complicated right ?thank you

Guest olivex

You can try to reformat the FAT32 partition of the SD card on your PC using MiniTool Partition Wizard. Turn your phone on winmo and connect it in ''massive storage- sd card'' mode to your PC.

When you will connect the phone to PC, if windows ask you to format the card don' t format it because it will erase the other two partitions too.

Open MiniTool Partition Wizard, delete and reformat only the FAT32 partition of your sd card again as fat32 primary. Save changes and return to android.

As for the internal 8 Gb memory, it doesn't showing in settings. You will find your 8 Gb by opening the default ''file manager'' and press the ''house'' button. It's the ''storage''. ;)

Thank you, I will try this and come back here to post my result.

Guest olivex

Well, I started in MW and connected to PC as massive storage (selected SD Card), then used Mini Tools to format the FAT32 partition. Then I disconnected from PC and started cm beta 2. However it still says SD card damaged.

Guest Quiquos

Hi,

Im new to omnia 2 with android, and I would like to know if its possible to do a factory reset, because I choose to make it and nothing happens :(

I choose to make a factory reset and it starts the phone (into WM 6 then I exec herit... and boots into droid) but does nothing.

Any help??

Guest nikkotsoi

Hi,

Im new to omnia 2 with android, and I would like to know if its possible to do a factory reset, because I choose to make it and nothing happens :(

I choose to make a factory reset and it starts the phone (into WM 6 then I exec herit... and boots into droid) but does nothing.

Any help??

reset the android?

just reinstall it

Guest djhoulio

Well, I started in MW and connected to PC as massive storage (selected SD Card), then used Mini Tools to format the FAT32 partition. Then I disconnected from PC and started cm beta 2. However it still says SD card damaged.

Try again not to format only. Delete the FAT 32 partition and then create new one. (Don't forget as primary).

I did it 3 days ago. First I only formated the FAT32 and nothing happened. Then I deleted the partition, created a new one and it worked.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I tried to compile it but it was a no go for me :(

Do you have a pre-compiled version which you can put here as attachement?

Guest rom_omnia2

I was able to compile the kernel 3.0.8 without errors but couldn't even jump to kernek at boot. :(

I tried to configure every thing like 2.6.32 with "make menuconfig" but most of configurations isn't there. I tried to copy files from kernel_2.6.32 that wasn't in kernel_3.0.8, after that i found some new options from 2.6.32 "make menuconfig". But still, doesn't boot.

If anyone have a tip about how to even make it bootable i could keep trying to port it. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest shoarmabakpao

I was able to compile the kernel 3.0.8 without errors but couldn't even jump to kernek at boot. :(

I tried to configure every thing like 2.6.32 with "make menuconfig" but most of configurations isn't there. I tried to copy files from kernel_2.6.32 that wasn't in kernel_3.0.8, after that i found some new options from 2.6.32 "make menuconfig". But still, doesn't boot.

If anyone have a tip about how to even make it bootable i could keep trying to port it. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Could you compile his 2.6.32 and upload it here? He said he had made alot improvements ^_^ I just want to check it out. Mabey I will compile it myself if I finally figure out how to do it right.

Guest rom_omnia2

Could you compile his 2.6.32 and upload it here? He said he had made alot improvements ^_^ I just want to check it out. Mabey I will compile it myself if I finally figure out how to do it right.

Yeah, i compiled that. But there's no .config file, so i had to use the default .config file from our 2.6.32.

I don't know if this .config file would active the improvements (probably yes) but i didn't noticied any difference. I may be missing something.

By the way, that new kernel 3.0.8 seems to have a new video driver, take a look at tom3q comment at ipaq3870 page:

Aww... What are those old drivers here for? Especially drivers/video/samsung, which is replaced by a clean and nice s3c-fb driver and max8698-old.c, which has a new driver too.

Hope someone with more experience than us take a better look at it :lol:. Anyway i will keep trying to make it work.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest erikcas
I was able to compile the kernel 3.0.8 without errors but couldn't even jump to kernek at boot.

If anyone have a tip about how to even make it bootable i could keep trying to port it.

Cheers.

There is a defconfig for kernel 3 in the arch/arm/configs dir. It isn't complete I think from which you can start. I started playing with it yesterday night. If I manage to make progress I will upload it to my github.

Edited by erikcas

Guest rom_omnia2

There is a defconfig for kernel 3 in the arch/arm/configs dir. It isn't complete I think from which you can start. I started playing with it yesterday night. If I manage to make progress I will upload it to my github.

Thanks, i also found the defconfig for 2.6.32 with improvements. I'm going to test this improvements now, successfully compiled.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Thanks, i also found the defconfig for 2.6.32 with improvements. I'm going to test this improvements now, successfully compiled.

If all goes well, could you publish it so others can test it out? Did not had time today due to school to try compiling :(

Guest erikcas

Compiled, but booting? :rolleyes: