[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

Yes, I know. That is why I started with "you don't wanna know".

It is allways my last resort to create a dirty workaround, and from there analyse what could be the rootcause.

Cause is probably modem.bin which is from I6500. It has same as Omnia2 MSM6290 chip for gsm/3g etc.

BTW. For others: we will have IMEI. Sandor's working on it.

Cause is probably modem.bin which is from I6500. It has same as Omnia2 MSM6290 chip for gsm/3g etc.

Found a typo error in one of my adaptions. Modules load now. Don't have to use the force options in the kernel.

/dev/dpram files are created. Have a connection refused (111) error, therefore radio not available in logcat. Read somewhere about this.

weird enough i did try everything,i formatted whole SD 4 times first partition is FAT/32 second EXT4 (is there a problem if i make the partition bigger than 1GB?)

i have this start line

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

from what i understood here mmcblk0 is SD and mmcblk1 is MyStorage so first part is correct,the second one about partition p2 is right too (/dev/sdb1 is the FAT one and /dev/sdb2 is the EXT4 partition)

every time i start haret it loads like 10 seconds,after that pink screen for 30 seconds and reboot into WM (tried to start it several times same result)

any idea what i did wrong?

thank you

I have this problem TOO :-( :angry:

Edited by VladT

i installed bate2 on SD,i modified "mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /storage"i still can not see files on my storage.please help me!!

Edited by longsin

really, thanks devs,have nice day :lol: :lol: :lol:

really, thanks devs,have nice day :lol: :lol: :lol:

hi, please help me, last day ,i install in SD,It can see the files in my storagebut i installed again in SD, I cant see the files in my storage yet,

Edited by longsin

I think I agree on the modem.bin part after a day of googling. Tried a spica modem.bin, no success.

Think I will search again tonight for an alternative, it is hard to find. All suggestions are welcome B).

Btw about the tweak.sh, it might not be a problem? When I remove the "exit" line under "start akmd2", all modules load well.

In the meantime can you (dev-team) agree that if my B7610 "tweak" with the old phonepart, is tested stable by me, I publish it on personal title, as a "not-supported, not being Beta2, but a tweaked kernel+modules on a tweaked Beta2 image."?

Edited by erikcas

Guest thanh_nha0706

I want to re-change some functions of buttons like this:

The End-call button ---> Back to the home screen

The button above the camera one ----> Back

The lock button (in WM mode) ----> Lock function too.

Does anyone know how to change it? Pls help me. Thanks very much......

Edited by thanh_nha0706

I want to re-change some functions of buttons like this:

The End-call button ---> Back to the home screen

The button above the camera one ----> Back

The lock button (in WM mode) ----> Lock function too.

Does anyone know how to change it? Pls help me. Thanks very much......

I like blue more then red.

Make your changes in /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl

(Tip: First import in exelsheet. Then you have 2 columns, first keynumber second keyname. Then make your changes in third column, then apply them on the second.)

Note that keys can have multiple numbers (keyscans), assigned for more functions. And changes on the end-call key can be tricky, it is a GPIO-key, i.e. the phone responds to it when in sleep, while it doesn't on other keys. Keep that in mind when you assign an action to it.

Edited by erikcas

Guest voyteckst

(Tip: First import in exelsheet. Then you have 2 columns, first keynumber second keyname. Then make your changes in third column, then apply them on the second.)

Note that keys can have multiple numbers (keyscans), assigned for more functions. And changes on the end-call key can be tricky, it is a GPIO-key, i.e. the phone responds to it when in sleep, while it doesn't on other keys. Keep that in mind when you assign an action to it.

For Omnia 2 not qwerty.kl, but s3c-keypad.kl

Guest Trasheador

This release is charged with great awesomeness. My thanks and congratulations to the devs. At this point, this is already working way better than winmo 6.5

Almost every bug i had in the previous releases is gone. I'm experiencing some problems connecting to server when trying to use voice recognition, it may also be while recording. I'm pretty happy with performance so far.

Keep up the very good work!

Guest luismi18

Hi people! I'm going to comment Round#2 of my experiences with Beta2 (Round#1)

FYI: A fresh new install in MyStorage (ubuntu, ext4 format, sudo tar xvzf), Vodafone Spain as carrier, i8000 2GB model

- Problems with camera app and launching gallery from it were solved. The filesystem in the sdcard had inconsistencies that led to the errors.

- Problem with time persists. At first boot everything is ok but it gets 1h back after the first reboot. Setting up the automatic mode solved this problem.

- I still have problems with some root apps. Superuser simply does nothing, it doesn't popup when some app req su privileges. Adfree either gets frozen or says it can't find a partition to remount blah blah. RootExplorer (v2.14.2) worked after cleaning its data. No-frills CPU works but sometimes just hung when applying settings.

- Freezing when making/receiving calls haven't happend again, it takes several seconds to get the screen with the caller info but it is bearable.

- I had problems to detect wifis with WPA2 Enterprise settings, but I managed to detected them by manually adding one. After that, the rest of the wifis were listed. I couldn't connect just after that, I had to reboot and then the connection was succesful. However, DNS config wasn't being stored so I had to do the build.prop trick. Never had this problem in Beta1 and this Beta2 worked properly with WPA2 Personal wifis.

- I have also had some kind of "soft-reboots", two in previous Beta2 installation and one this time. They occured when the system seems a bit unresponsive under load; then, without warning, screen goes black and with the android logo and you have to enter pin again.

- Battery drains faster than in Beta1, for the same usage and settings. I have started to use 2G to extend battery and it's fine, I just change to 3g when need it.

@voyteckst, I have seen some files that I think are related to your installation, a couple of apk (sygic and something else) and some directories inside mnt\sdcard\Android\data\com.cooliris.media Can they be deleted without problem?

Well, and that's all by now. Thx for reading

@voyteckst i have a big problem with froyo 2

i used the auto installer to install it to a new 4g sd card and flashed my phone with the jj mst frimware to made my storage back to normal but after all this i have the pink screen of death i waited for almost 10 min and nothing happen please can somebody help me

Guest antonio junior

unable to access the memory card using Windows 7. I installed the Samsung Kies and ready to connect the phone and installed the drivers and now have access to the memory card and internal memory. But it gives an error while linking Kies.

I think you just need to fix the call and 2D/3D libraries, and it could use it every day. But I'm very pleased, I spoke with some developers here in Brazil and are currently analyzingthe content to help our dvs. spoke

Edited by antonio junior

hi, please help me, last day ,i install in SD,It can see the files in my storagebut i installed again in SD, I cant see the files in my storage yet,

i am a chinese,if you can read chinese word,here is a link

http://bbs.51haoa.com

you can handle your problem here,a i8000 android forum,maybe helpful :rolleyes:

help me

(Both : My Storage and My Sdcard)

I have froyo beta 1 on my Internal Storage and Froyo beta 2 on sd card(both manual install) whichever I run I am able to see my

Internal storage. The only modification(under ubuntu) I did was in ext4.tar.gz to "init.rc" --- which initialy was :

" mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage " and than I changed to :

" mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage" .

My phone is GT i8000L 16GB froyo beta 2 (sdcard) and froyo beta 1 (internal storage) .

Yes! I am on Beta2. Except for the imei thing then. Registered with network, but no signal, no data.

I have an i5700 modem.bin which I first thought it wasn't working. Today I found out that the libsec-ril.so packed with it wasn't compatile for spica modem.bin.

Will publish a kernel + modules for B7610 on google project page asap.

Edited by erikcas

Guest antonio junior

i am a chinese,if you can read chinese word,here is a link

http://bbs.51haoa.com

you can handle your problem here,a i8000 android forum,maybe helpful :rolleyes:

how to access the files? need to be registered and recorded a number of Pecis invitation! I can help in any way for us to have access to the files? if you are a member there is an upload to us. thanks

Guest thanh_nha0706

Thanks for your advice. I just want to assign lock function on the other button because when I put my phone in the pocket, the end-call key is pressed undesirably. How can I do that???

P/S: yeye I've got it. Thanks very much!!!

Edited by thanh_nha0706

Thanks for your advice. I just want to assign lock function on the other button because when I put my phone in the pocket, the end-call key is pressed undesirably. How can I do that???

P/S: yeye I've got it. Thanks very much!!!

Edited by ASIDER