A simple way to install froyo beta2 in My Storage

Guest andylau

Hi guys,

i am glad to share my experience about installing beta2,this post is a gallery of how to install ,so i hope you can post your way here

below is my method(this only works for installing beta2 in my storage with ext4 partition):

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

2. download this file and extract it in your my storage(maybe you should need to translate the download page)

3.put ext4.tar.gz of beta2 in the root of my storage

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

5.delete the files in my storage and put the file below extracted to my storage

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

sorry for my poor english,i hope you can enjoy it and write your method here :rolleyes:

three files.rar

Edited by andylau

I used ubuntu to delete all partitions on MyStorage(no external sd card in the phone). With gparted I created 6.64GB fat32(named sdcard) then 1GB ext4(named system) partitions. In ubuntu I extracted ext4.tar to system root(ext4 partition), copied haret.exe and startup.txt to root of fat32 partition. When I run haret, I get the pink screen forever. I tried changing in startup.txt /dev/mmcblk0p2 to 1p2 and both don't work. I do not have an external sd card in the phone. Gparted shows /dev/sdb1 for fat32 and /dev/sdb2 for ext4 partition(the only two partitions).

I used ubuntu to delete all partitions on MyStorage(no external sd card in the phone). With gparted I created 6.64GB fat32(named sdcard) then 1GB ext4(named system) partitions. In ubuntu I extracted ext4.tar to system root(ext4 partition), copied haret.exe and startup.txt to root of fat32 partition. When I run haret, I get the pink screen forever. I tried changing in startup.txt /dev/mmcblk0p2 to 1p2 and both don't work. I do not have an external sd card in the phone. Gparted shows /dev/sdb1 for fat32 and /dev/sdb2 for ext4 partition(the only two partitions).

and what about the full file of the startup.txt? according to your partition,it should be :

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

I tried 1p2 and it didn't work. My startup does not have :

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

are these neccessary? Also, I extraxted ext4.tar in ubuntu by copying it to root of ext4 partition and right clicking and selecting "extract here" Is that ok or do I have to use command line to extract?

Edited by TRoN_1

Alright, thanks! I'm gonna try it now. Let's see if there is any different between installing beta2 on SD Card and My Storage. :D

Edit: When it's installing Beta2 It can't find ext4.tar.gz. But it's already place in the My Storage. May i know why is this happening?

Edited by AnYhOw

I tried 1p2 and it didn't work. My startup does not have :

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

are these neccessary? Also, I extraxted ext4.tar in ubuntu by copying it to root of ext4 partition and right clicking and selecting "extract here" Is that ok or do I have to use command line to extract?

i think you had better add those lines just as what devs suggested,and i cant directly copy the extracted files in ext4 partition because of the root permission,but i compare between copying and commanding ,the former is about 600M,but the latter is only 300M+,maybe it affects

Alright, thanks! I'm gonna try it now. Let's see if there is any different between installing beta2 on SD Card and My Storage. :D

Edit: When it's installing Beta2 It can't find ext4.tar.gz. But it's already place in the My Storage. May i know why is this happening?

did you make the ext4 partition to be logical?

Guest frankbel

In my O2, "My Storage" was an extended partition with two logical partitions fat32 of 1,5GB and 512MB, respectively. I deleted all partitions and I created, via gparted, two new primary partitions: the first one of 1000 MB that is fat32 and the second one is ext4 of size 980 MB (or 960 MB cannot remember right now). Both partitions are primary and they worked like a charm. When I installed android, I setted 1p2 in the startup file and android booted in a short time (30 seconds of pink screen).

In my O2, "My Storage" was an extended partition with two logical partitions fat32 of 1,5GB and 512MB, respectively. I deleted all partitions and I created, via gparted, two new primary partitions: the first one of 1000 MB that is fat32 and the second one is ext4 of size 980 MB (or 960 MB cannot remember right now). Both partitions are primary and they worked like a charm. When I installed android, I setted 1p2 in the startup file and android booted in a short time (30 seconds of pink screen).

not primary but logical

Yes. Everything is install correctly.But still cannot install correctly.

someone said that the ext4 partition should be less than 1024M, about about yours? more details will be helpful for us to help you

Guest frankbel

not primary but logical

Oh man, it was late night and maybe I just remember wrongly, but I am pretty sure that in gparted I selected primary instead of logical. However final result was OK and everything went fine as it should.

I made both partitions primary with gparted(6.6GB fat32 then 1010MB ext4), mmcblk0p2 in startup.txt(I dont have external sd card) and finally android booted up. Maybe the fact that ext4 partition was less than 1024MB helped with the PSOD problem.

How important is that 512MB hidden partition(mine is gone now), and can we get/restore it back?

I made both partitions primary with gparted(6.6GB fat32 then 1010MB ext4), mmcblk0p2 in startup.txt(I dont have external sd card) and finally android booted up. Maybe the fact that ext4 partition was less than 1024MB helped with the PSOD problem.

How important is that 512MB hidden partition(mine is gone now), and can we get/restore it back?

not paimary but logical can the installer recognise ,and if you make it primary in my storage, the txt should be mmcblk1p2

its strange that you use k0p2 but primary can boot it sueecssfully, but whatever its a good thing for you

for the 512MB hidden partition, you can try Panasonic SDformator this program

I dont see what Panasonic sd formatter will do since the 512MB partition is gone(I deleted it when along with all partitions on MyStorage). I think 0p2 works because I dont have external sd card. If I connect external sd card then maybe I will need to change to 1p2.

Just checked, when I insert external sd card, I have to change from 0p2 to 1p2 in strartup.txt to avoid PSOD.

Edited by TRoN_1

In gparted I can't create logical partitions. Only primary and extended options are avaiable...

edit for the same post beczuse of the net error, or maybe you can format your ny storage first, using SDformator

Edited by andylau

Hi guys,

i am glad to share my experience about installing beta2,this post is a gallery of how to install ,so i hope you can post your way here

below is my method(this only works for installing beta2 in my storage with ext4 partition):

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

2. download this file and extract it in your my storage(maybe you should need to translate the download page)

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

sorry for my poor english,i hope you can enjoy it and write your method here :rolleyes:

thanks man you're the king...

Hi guys,

Andylau, hi.

Two questions:

1 - in case you need new installation necessarily have to enter and format the Linux partition with Gparted EXT4 each new installation?

2 - Installing this way you get full root access?

Andylau, hi.

Two questions:

1 - in case you need new installation necessarily have to enter and format the Linux partition with Gparted EXT4 each new installation?

2 - Installing this way you get full root access?

1.gparted or linux is not a necessity, you can use any partition tools you like, but make sure you make partitions as what i post

2.yes, this version has been rooted by our great devs, you can use root explorer to modefy what you want