many happy memories. one terrible disaster

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

My streak has died. May have something todo with me,accidentally, stamping on it

It seems very strange how my add free membership is also due for renewal this week.

Need a new device

post-723597-0-71457700-1316549343_thumb.

Well I've heard of dropping it but stomping on it? :lol:

Then again I've seen someone drop their old brick then accidently kick it twice when trying to pick it back up :P

A replacement screen (Glass and LCD) isn't to expensive.. A pretty easy fix really unless anything else was damaged

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've heard of dropping it but stomping on it? :lol:

Then again I've seen someone drop their old brick then accidently kick it twice when trying to pick it back up :P

A replacement screen (Glass and LCD) isn't to expensive.. A pretty easy fix really unless anything else was damaged

I just replaced the screen on mine- took 25 minutes. Screens are ~$50 on ebay or Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 80sLoveCHILD

It lives. New screen purchased from eBay. £35 with free shipping from china. Fitted in half an hour using tools provided. Sweet! Great guide from alperin.1 for anyone else looking to replace screen. Everything works. Great new GB rom flashed and running fine. However, I cannot seem to get the screen flush with bezel. Does not affect performance in anyway but it annoys me because I know its not quite right. Anyone else have this problem? Possible fix?

Edited by 80sLoveCHILD

Guest Alperin.1

It lives. New screen purchased from eBay. £35 with free shipping from china. Fitted in half an hour using tools provided. Sweet! Great guide from alperin.1 for anyone else looking to replace screen. Everything works. Great new GB rom flashed and running fine. However, I cannot seem to get the screen flush with bezel. Does not affect performance in anyway but it annoys me because I know its not quite right. Anyone else have this problem? Possible fix?

Do not forcee that edge down. I think it may be a metal tab on the lcd that is not in place. I broke my lcd by forcing the edge down, not a happy momment.

I think you need to take the phone apart again to put the lcd in the phone correctly.

Edited by Alperin.1

Guest 80sLoveCHILD

I took phone apart and put it all back and it now seems OK. I think It was something to do with the five metal clips. Seems OK now

Thanks for your help.

Now back to flashing these updates we keep getting from streakdroid team. :)