-------

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

i never actually had time to check properly, sorry about this sad.gif.

having no luck with enabling Bluetooth HID & the 800x480 video recording is driving me mad.....lol

Guest dadashi

i never actually had time to check properly, sorry about this sad.gif.

having no luck with enabling Bluetooth HID & the 800x480 video recording is driving me mad.....lol

tilaz no one got that working in cyanogen or gingerbread for blade, and there are many many working on cyanogen, so I wouldnt worry too much....we'll just have to be happy with 640x400 untill ZTE maybe develope something...

Lets see when colonel does his full rom dump, thats more important than Blurtooth HID and video resolution...could be what we've all been waiting for

Guest dadashi

I remembered something, is the superboot the right superroot for colonels ZTE romdump...Wasn't there a superroot that over wrote parts of the rom so it wasn't "clean".... and useless for devs...

EDIT:

OK I found this thread which specificaly says not to use superboot for the rom dump

apparently you should use Universal Androot to root for the rom dump....

SORRY Colonel, its all a little confusing but I think you'll get there...

Edited by dadashi

Guest tillaz

tilaz no one got that working in cyanogen or gingerbread for blade, and there are many many working on cyanogen, so I wouldnt worry too much....we'll just have to be happy with 640x400 untill ZTE maybe develope something...

Lets see when colonel does his full rom dump, thats more important than Blurtooth HID and video resolution...could be what we've all been waiting for

i'm pretty sure this will not unlock are phones... though i really hope i am wrong

it looks like zte have done things right this time round.... probably have orange add a couple of random numbers to the code making it impossible to create calculators sad.gif

although i think there should be other ways around it, the phone just has not got enough support in the unlocking department.

we really need more dev's with knowledge of unlocking smartphones.

Guest tillaz

I remembered something, is the superboot the right superroot for colonels ZTE romdump...Wasn't there a superroot that over wrote parts of the rom so it wasn't "clean".... and useless for devs...

EDIT:

OK I found this thread which specificaly says not to use superboot for the rom dump

apparently you should use Universal Androot to root for the rom dump....

SORRY Colonel, its all a little confusing but I think you'll get there...

this is for the blade dont think it works on skate

Guest dadashi

so what should colonel use, Pauls superboot...?

If we flash an unlocked complete ZTE rom it'll replace the locked OMC rom completely...should work

the we'd have to do clockwork all over again, or a moded ZTE rom with clokwork

Edited by dadashi

Guest tillaz

so what should colonel use, Pauls superboot...?

If we flash an unlocked complete ZTE rom it'll replace the locked OMC rom completely...should work

not if the unlock is not in the OS (fingers crossed it is)

Guest PedroVader

You're right Tillaz, Universal Androot only works with 2.2 and below, it installs it's own superuser as it roots.

Pete

Edited by PedroVader

Guest tillaz

Don't ask me, LOL :lol:

I just hope I got everything off my phone that is needed, if somebody can confirm it, I can finally flash a different firmware on it :)

hey, i'm really sorry about all this confusion huh.gif but this looks to be the right way to do it, posted by the actual creator off the romdump program smile.gif (although we are not going to be using that program)

link to original post http://android.modac...ct/page__st__20 post #28

DONT DO THIS!! (Root using superboot. The topic is pinned )

there currently is no root exploit that works with 2.3.4 (that I know of at least) so you need to do the following..

plug the phone into your pc and let it install the drivers, the phone should show up as a CD drive the first time you hook it up...

Once you have the drivers installed you should be able to use ADB, you can enable this this by going into options/applications and turning on remote debugging..

grab a copy of ClockworkMod recovery from this forum, and unzip it somehwere

it should come with a copy of fastboot-windows.exe and adb-windows.exe

now you should be able to type 'adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader'

and your phone should reboot and stay at the android/SFR logo/other, once that happens you should type 'fastboot-windows.exe boot clockworkmod.img' and clockwork mod will boot...

once there you can use clockwork mod to do a full nadroid backup, make sure you only share your boot.img, recovery.img and system.img files, the other ones will contain your personal information..

Edited by tillaz

Guest ColonelZap

Morning :-)

So, it THAT what I should do? You want me to do a nandroid backup by the instructions from Sebastian404?

Edit: No success :(

I connected the phone via ADB:

wOmb1.png

type 'adb-windows.exe reboot bootloader'

and your phone should reboot and stay at the android/SFR logo/

phone rebooted and is now recognized as:

6COj5.png

but all I get to see is the green Android, no SFR Logo?

type 'fastboot-windows.exe boot clockworkmod.img' and clockwork mod will boot...

Did that and from the adb command everythig looks fine:

sV73A.png

once there you can use clockwork mod to do a full nadroid backup

I WISH!!!! Nothing I can do but stare at my little green friend:

NtMVn.png

Any suggestions?

Edited by ColonelZap

Guest dadashi

Morning colonel

Sebatian and fibbelsan did a rom dump of the original orange monte carlo without clockwork....

I know this because my mate used that rom to go back to stock before he exchanged his faulty OMC.....

They would know how to do this properly, best thing to do is contact them...

Guest dadashi

I WISH!!!! Nothing I can do but stare at my little green friend:

NtMVn.png

Any suggestions?

Well you did all the above correctly, so you have to get into clockwork menu after that...thats usually done ba keeping the volume down pressed as it reboots (or when you power up you keep both power and volume down pressed)

Guest ColonelZap

The way I understand the instructions, I don't have to touch any of the buttons on my phone. I tried all kinds of combinatios, nothing worked.

The first part seems to work just fine, the phone reboots and it is then listed as an Android bootloader interface in my device manager.

The problem is, as soon as I type:

fastboot-windows.exe boot clockworkmod.img

NOTHING happens with the phone, the only thing that happens is that my device manager completely loses any connection.

Edited by ColonelZap