<< LINK2SD GUIDE >> (UPDATED PLEASE READ)

Guest tillaz

Guest DiscoFred78

Now then chaps, I am just getting over big Shola's goal, he has done his bit again, time to put him back in his box until next season :D

Anyhow my real question is this... Is there any point to changing the system/data partitions using the TPT's, if I use the LINK2SD method and link the data onto the SD card? It seems to make it redundant to me, unless I am missing something.

Cheers :)

Edited by DiscoFred78

Guest tillaz

Now then chaps, I am just getting over big Shola's goal, he has done his bit again, time to put him back in his box until next season :D

Anyhow my real question is this... Is there any point to changing the system/data partitions using the TPT's, if I use the LINK2SD method and link the data onto the SD card? It seems to make it redundant to me, unless I am missing something.

Cheers :)

yes, because its gives you an extra 50mb+ internal storage, always good to have but not mandatory

Guest Pillhead

is there any way of doing things easily when you upgrade the sd card?

im waiting for a 32gb one to arrive and dont want to have to reinstall the whole rom and start the process again

• 1 month later...
Guest Sharkface

Just tried this for the first time, but after following this part:

- click & hold the end of the bar (right hand side) and drag it back untill the unallocated space after: says 507.54 MB then press ok

- now right click on the unallocated box underneath F: press create then yes

I now see 2 unallocated spaces:

Da75z.jpg

What should I do?

Also, is it a problem that my card is automatically assigned to G: (as opposed to F:) ?? I only mention this because tillaz made a point of saying it should be F:

Edited by Sharkface

Guest Redstarr1

Just tried this for the first time, but after following this part:

I now see 2 unallocated spaces:

Da75z.jpg

What should I do?

Also, is it a problem that my card is automatically assigned to G: (as opposed to F:) ?? I only mention this because tillaz made a point of saying it should be F:

Try to have no unallocated space, so the space before your new partition should be 0. Otherwise you won't have 9 GB's of wasted space. You can resize your G-partition with a slider if you resize it again. So unallocated space before should be 0, behind about 500 MB. Tillaz makes a point of just the right amount of space, but I've reformatted several SD-cards by now and it only has to be approximately 500 MB. As long as you end up with 2 partitions, the second of the primary type, everything's fine. Don't be afraid to break your card, it can take that kind of stuff :).

The drive letter doesn't matter at all. It's just to make sure you have the right drive. You don't want to accidentally format the hard disk of your pc :). You can change drive letters in the control center of your pc, but that's not important for this guide.

Can you finish it now? :)

Guest Redstarr1

Got it working great now.

Just one question:

Is an App2SD application now completely redundant with Link2SD installed?

Yes, Link2SD also supports native App2SD, so if you want to move apps to your SD in that way, you can use Link2SD as well. The command "move app to SD" is actually just Froyo App2SD.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MadeInMachines

Great guide thanks. Need Help Though:

I'm a bit stuck now - I just unlocked my phone and it seems to have reset it to factory settings which I wasnt expecting.

I installed superboot and again too root it - but now I can't find or install any apps I used to have as googleplay store says they are already installed on the phone and I can see them in my 500mb sd partition but not on the internal memory. I can't even install link2sd or root uninstaller

Edited by MadeInMachines

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Flo 1809

Hi, I have problem. I have done all these steps but I have only 507 MB avaiable the other 3,5 GB from my 4GB I cant use.

What can I do?

Sorry if i have made mistakes, I am from Austria. :-)

Guest e.miron

Hi, I have problem. I have done all these steps but I have only 507 MB avaiable the other 3,5 GB from my 4GB I cant use.

What can I do?

Sorry if i have made mistakes, I am from Austria. :-)

First you have to post what ROM are you using. If CM7 then better use S2E , is less complicated

Edited by e.miron

Guest razzmataz1478

Thx for quick answer can you tell me what is the easiest way to do it, I see here it has few different ways?

Flash clockwork mod and then install a custom rom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest utternoob

Quick question. Why does moving the app to sd card break the scripts and how did you get so many apps to be on device memory. Using AOSPFusionX with 210 system 5 cache and 225 data. Method posted didn't work so used CWM and then did everything that way. Could that be the problem?

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

If you open link2sd, bring up the settings menu, and select "more" there's an option to "recreate mount scripts" I had to try every option in there (fat32, ext2, ext3 and ext4) before I finally got it going, (mine is ext3 btw).

I'm running version 1.9.8, but I think its in the lower versions too.

Try them all, you don't need to power off, as there is a quick reboot option at the bottom of the same menu.

Hope this helps/makes sense ;-)

digging up an old post but wanted to say THANK YOU to PedroVader!!

I was going insane with this stupid error. I was searching all the forums to try to solve the problem and they were giving me all sorts of complicated answers that didn't solve the problem at all.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrvlhs

I'm having problems with this software. No matter what I do, when I install apps, A LOT of space is still taken up,

For example, Adobre Reader:

Total: 8.75MB

Apk: 3.49MB

Dex: 410KB

Lib: 4.86MB

Data: 0.00B

Cache: 0.00B

When I install it, my free internal memory is going from 114MB to 111MB. The app is correctly Linked to SD card, not moved (it was automatically linked with application dalvik-cache and library files). If I remove the links it goes from 111MB to 102MB (so 9MB change wich is the app size but I still have 3MB occupied magically from the installation). If I relink, it goes up from 102MB to 111MB again. So, if the app is completely linked, my question is what is taking those 3MB up when I install Adobe Reader (and oher apps)? Because if I uninstall it, no matter what, I'm going to win back those 3MB from nowhere...

I hope I made myself clear and that someone will be able to help me with this. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem, but it's something you may only realize when you install a couple of apps and find yourself without any internal space.