<< LINK2SD GUIDE >> (UPDATED PLEASE READ)

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

I'm having problems with this software. No matter what I do, when I install apps, A LOT of space is still taken up,

For example, Adobre Reader:

Total: 8.75MB

Apk: 3.49MB

Dex: 410KB

Lib: 4.86MB

Data: 0.00B

Cache: 0.00B

When I install it, my free internal memory is going from 114MB to 111MB. The app is correctly Linked to SD card, not moved (it was automatically linked with application dalvik-cache and library files). If I remove the links it goes from 111MB to 102MB (so 9MB change wich is the app size but I still have 3MB occupied magically from the installation). If I relink, it goes up from 102MB to 111MB again. So, if the app is completely linked, my question is what is taking those 3MB up when I install Adobe Reader (and oher apps)? Because if I uninstall it, no matter what, I'm going to win back those 3MB from nowhere...

I hope I made myself clear and that someone will be able to help me with this. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem, but it's something you may only realize when you install a couple of apps and find yourself without any internal space.

after linking, try moving the apk to the sdcard

Guest sui785

after linking, try moving the apk to the sdcard

Am having the same issue, I've installed 45 applications(a total of 350 mb), if I install more then I won't have any internal storage anymore.

My second partition is 1,75GB.

Edited by sui785

Guest sui785

I hope I made myself clear and that someone will be able to help me with this. I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem, but it's something you may only realize when you install a couple of apps and find yourself without any internal space.

I've found a fix, you just need to move the folder(for the apps with big data) under data/data to data/sd-ext and then long hold on the folder and press link folder and then choose data/data. You will need root browser or another root explorer to do this.

• 2 months later...
Guest kronos1

I've found a fix, you just need to move the folder(for the apps with big data) under data/data to data/sd-ext and then long hold on the folder and press link folder and then choose data/data. You will need root browser or another root explorer to do this.

Please explain where to do "press link folder and then chose data/data"

What explorer do you use? ES or Astro?

I have the same issue whe installing apk, as every apk I install small amount of internal mem goes,and soon after a while and dozen of apks l have no internal space.

Edited by kronos1

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Salvadorfreeman

When you copy the SDbackup folder from the PC back to the card, should it be to the 507 MB partition or the second one, which in my case is about 3.1 GB ?

Where does this 507 MB figure come from, by the way?

Where does user date, such as photos or MP3s, get stored?

• 3 months later...
Guest MadeInMachines

Last time I followed this guide it worked fine - my sd card died so i got an new one - this time i followed it and repeated a few times but kept coming up with the same problem - the large partition isn't being recognised at all - it shows up when I connect my phone to my laptop but my phone won't recognise it so I am left with 1GB of storage on a 32 GB SD card. My music on the large partition can't be found.

What letter should the large partition have if the small one has a letter F? Should both be Fat32 as they are. Whenever I put in the freshly formatted SD link to SD doesn't ask me to select fat 32 or reboot - it remembers all my old information. I tried to uninstall and delete all its data and reinstall but doesn't help. Any ideas?

Using the factory ROM and want to keep it

Edited by MadeInMachines

• 1 year later...