BBC Iplayer

Guest bronfay

Anyone else had this with the sgs2... The sound comes at least half a second after the video mainly in BBC Iplayer. Its like watching a dubbed foreign film. Some programs are worse than others, but it makes the programs un-watchable. Took the phone back to o2 where it was replaced without issue, but the new one is exactly the same. Any thoughts?

Guest Androidlover287

it's the other way around with me, if i pause a video, the sound stops but the video keeps playing for about half a second. (This is when i'm streaming over 3g.(HSDPA+)

Edited by Androidlover287

Guest Androidlover287

Mine is doing that too. Can't check on 3g as o2 don't allow it over 3g. Which network you on?

I am on the 3 network. Does this happen over wifi? i haven't tested that

BTW this is while using it via the standard web browser, NOT the BBC iplayer app (The app won't do 3g for some reason)

Yes. It happens over WiFi, (tried various WiFi locations including my home) whether using the app or through the browser. Not sure whether to change it for another phone as still within 14 day cooling off period with o2

I saw a guru who suggested I swap the phone for a new one which I have done. If I wasn't happy I could pick another make. The thing is I love this phone apart from this iplayer issue. Nothing seems to come close to it. Maybe a future update may solve the problem.

I must admit o2 are fab. No quibbles at all. I used to be with three whose network I think are the best for internet use. Its just the customer service I find a bit naff.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jasperov

I saw a guru who suggested I swap the phone for a new one which I have done. If I wasn't happy I could pick another make. The thing is I love this phone apart from this iplayer issue. Nothing seems to come close to it. Maybe a future update may solve the problem.

I must admit o2 are fab. No quibbles at all. I used to be with three whose network I think are the best for internet use. Its just the customer service I find a bit naff.

It's unlikely to be a problem with the phone tbh..