[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

UPDATE: 11.04.2012 due to real life and been busy with other projects i am calling it a day regards to porting new roms for the Racer, thank you all for the support and comments (good and bad) and for downloading over 65,000 rom downloads just on raceroms website (cm7 nightlies, ICS-MOD, LeWa) THANK YOU ALL............

Rather than hijacking the 4pda thread that i created, i thought i`d create a new thread for my ROMS that i`ve been putting together, they are all based on the Blade Cyanogen Nightly Builds and i will try and keep updating with new ROMS as and when nessessary so dont expect a ROM-A-DAY :lol: all ROMS from #241 upwards now include Google Market as standard (v3.4.4) so NO NEED to install a seperate Gapps package anymore.......

Big thx to Wooly_Sammoth for hosting on his server :)

NEW Release: update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-racer-signed download HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Older Releases:

update-cm-7-20120312-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed (CM7.2.0) download HERE

update-cm-7-20120308-NIGHTLY-Racer-signed (CM7.2.0) download HERE NEW Version of Market (Play Shop v3.4.7) is included already......FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED........

update-cm-7-20120225-NIGHTLY-Racer-v2-signed (CM7.2.0) download HERE FULL wipe is needed as we have changed to 7.2.0 now

STABLE/RELIABLE 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #224v2 download HERE ......... FULL wipe is recommended!!!! Market is already included....

STABLE/RELIABLE 2.3.7 cm7 Racer full #257v2 download HERE NEW LINK..... FULL wipe is recommended!!!!

ROMS with no Google Market included below:

Stable/Reliable ROM: cm7_2.3.7_Racer_full-224 download without swap HERE and with swap HERE FULL WIPE IS NEEDED

Stable/Reliable ROM: cm7_2.3.5_RACER_full-210 download without swap HERE and with swap HERE FULL IS WIPE NEEDED

NEW GEN2 Kernal release: Vamshistunners new GEN2 (2.6.32.9) kernel, download and thread HERE

KERNEL RELEASE: Vamshistunners new kernal 2.6.32.9 #68 very smooth and excellent calibration/sensitivity CHANGELOG and DOWNLOAD HERE

NEW DUAL TOUCH / ZOOM HACK KERNAL RELEASE: deadlink has released a new version of 2.6.32.9 with better calibration for gen1 and gen2 phones download HERE: it auto detects which gen you are currently and installs the appropriate version, install through CWM

Gen2 to Gen1 patch by deadlink download HERE Enables you to install any gen1 cm7 rom even if you have a gen2 phone: Copy gen1 rom and patch to sdcard, then install rom (instructions below) and without leaving or rebooting CWM install the patch

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW: Once you`ve installed a ROM why not SuperCharge your phone with the "V6 SuperCharger" script that enhances memory usuage and performance....... credits, guide and download HERE thx to mladenovic73 for showing me the original thread

ClockWork Recovery Mod (CWM) is recommended as the recovery option for which you can install these ROMS in this thread.....

NEW MOD TOUCH SCREEN version of CWM (gen1) for our Racer available: Guide and download HERE thx to t0mm13b & Phoenix_Silver

NOTE: Install these roms at your OWN RISK

THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS APPLY TO ALL ROMS LISTED ABOVE!!!!!!!!

FULL WIPE IS NEEDED SO THAT THEIR IS NO CONFLICT FROM OTHER BUILDS/ROMS!!!

Usual installation method:

1.Copy the rom to the root of your sdcard

2.Backup your old ROM, so if anything is broken you can just rollback!!!

How to backup:

Press powerbutton and VolumeDown (leave volume down pressed). After afew seconds, recovery will open

With volume keys, go to "backup and restore". Select that option

Now select "Backup" and wait

3.Once backup complete press power button to go back to main menu

4.Select "wipe data/factory reset"

5.Go to submenu "mounts and storage"

6.Choose "format /boot" "format /data" "format /cache" "format /system" "format /sd-ext" - confirm every action

7.Return to 1st menu and goto Advanced and delete Dalvik cache

8.Return to 1st menu and choose "install zip from sdcard" - "choose zip" cm7_2.3.5/7_RACER_full_***

9.After installing, do "reboot system now"

Gapps Packages Below: install through CWM

HERE gapps-gb-full-20110828-signed.zip this includes market version 3.4.4

HERE moddedgapps-gb-20110729-signed.zip

HERE gapps-gb-full-20110404-signed.zip

If when you have installed Gapps and you find you dont have MARKET icon on apps menu then add an account in Settings/Accounts & Sync and then market icon should appear on apps menu.....

Wifi Tethering? Use "Barnacle Wifi Tether" free app from the market

P.S. If you like the ROMS here please rate this thread by pressing the + button on the righthand bottom corner of this post .....thank you :)

Edited by Racerboy

Guest wooly_sammoth

Really glad you're carrying on with these ROMs. I'm going to install now and will report back with any issues I find.

I've linked the 206 ROMs up on raceroms. I'll upload your others as well and get them linked up too.

Edited by wooly_sammoth

Guest Rahulj85

nice work man..although i was wondering that since you are making your own roms now, why not experiment around the gui and features a bit. For example, in one of your roms, you had included a nice analog clock and a decent music player. Maybe you can continue with that?

Guest Racerboy

nice work man..although i was wondering that since you are making your own roms now, why not experiment around the gui and features a bit. For example, in one of your roms, you had included a nice analog clock and a decent music player. Maybe you can continue with that?

haha lol, that was a mistake on my part :rolleyes: i accidently uploaded (i`ve removed it) my own private modded version (which i cant release for legal reasons) instead of public release, but i`ll take your point and see if theirs any other apps that i can use for future releases :)

Guest Racerboy

haha lol, that was a mistake on my part :rolleyes: i accidently uploaded (i`ve removed it) my own private modded version (which i cant release for legal reasons) instead of public release, but i`ll take your point and see if theirs any other apps that i can use for future releases :)

another point is open source/freeware apps i think i can include in ROMS so long as i dont profit from them which is the case, cyanogen do included ADW launcher free app so i need more clarity 1st before including other free apps to change things like music player, alarm clocks, launchers that sort of stuff

Edited by Racerboy

Guest Racerboy

thanks, will have to-be a clean wipe install again tried over 201,but boot loop, if this is anything like 201,iam expecting a well balanced rom again :)

ya, some issues with cyanogen files in the last builds, so to stop things like boot loop happening from just updating it (installing over) thats why i recommended a full wipe to get rid of any errors that maybe present, once you have this ROM installed and when i release a newer version it should ok to update/install over :)

Guest Rahulj85

another point is open source/freeware apps i think i can include in ROMS so long as i dont profit from them which is the case, cyanogen do included ADW launcher free app so i need more clarity 1st before including other free apps to change things like music player, alarm clocks, launchers that sort of stuff

yeup..even with open source there will be legal angles attached..:-)

Guest wooly_sammoth

I'm also running this ROM.

It's nice and quick like the others from Racerboy and the screen calibration is good too. There's no wifi tether but as I understand it the choice is Wifi tether or better graphics and the graphics do look really nice. (plus you can use 'barnacle', as discussed earlier in this thread, if you need the wifi tethering)

In my opinion it's better than the #203 from 4pda but I don't know how much of that was down to the problems CyanogenMod have been having. For example the video playback is much smoother and the Gallery loads the pictures a lot faster too.

If I hit any issues with #206 I'll post them here.

Guest Racerboy

There's no wifi tether but as I understand it the choice is Wifi tether or better graphics and the graphics do look really nice

basically its the system.ui, framework-res.apk i believe that controls alot of graphical features and some how causing a conflict somewhere, with the new builds of cyanogen i have to look deeper to see what i can do

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

only things iam finding amiss is open and close annimations and the transparent drop down on the notification bar, on the grand scheme of things, little quibbles only :) top job :)

Guest Racerboy

only things iam finding amiss is open and close annimations and the transparent drop down on the notification bar, on the grand scheme of things, little quibbles only :) top job :)

happy chappie then :) but seriously i`ll have a look and see what i can do....

Guest gagan313

hey nice rom racerboy..... hey i was just wondering....if iphone can run android...then can mabye android run iphone???

(sorry i know its offtopic. and stupid question)

Guest Racerboy

hey nice rom racerboy..... hey i was just wondering....if iphone can run android...then can mabye android run iphone???

(sorry i know its offtopic. and stupid question)

LOL WFT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: all i can say to that :D

but seriously, apparently it can :blink: Have a look HERE

Interesting question... but there's only one problem

Android is opensource, you can make a lot of devices run that operating system. iOS is not opensource so you can't make a port to other devices than the apple ones.

the on/off animation can be fixed by editing the framework-res.apk file.