[ROMS] Latest 2.3.7 cm7.1.0/7.2.0 Racerboy-ROMS

Guest Racerboy

Guest Rahulj85

In the next day or so i`ll release #257v2 that includes couple of tweaks and Vamshi`s newly revised 2.6.32 kernel, so stay tuned !!!!!!

thats great news racerboy..music to my ears..:-)...good to know we starting the new year on a high note

Guest plegdroid

In the next day or so i`ll release #257v2 that includes couple of tweaks and Vamshi`s newly revised 2.6.32 kernel, so stay tuned !!!!!!

top one, nice start to 2012:D

happy new year mate :)

Guest George_red_storm

nice! nice start! thank you very much!

Happy new year!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest mladenovic73

I hardly wait for the new rom and kernelbiggrin.gif

Guest madprofessorus

Hello again,I wish you a happy new year with health and creativity!

I have an issue with some navigation programs,a couple of them,the names are Don't Panic and CoPilot,after I use them,when I exit the program and relaunch it,the gps receiver just don't work,I have to reboot the phone so the receiver gets back to normal,I tried the gps aid program from the market but it didn't worked for me...any suggestions?

Guest Racerboy

Ok guys here you go: #257v2 download link on the 1st post of this thread

changelog:

NEW Revised Vamshi kernel 2.6.32.9 = Better performance, calibration/sensitivity.........1 known issue is when phone asleep and you want to unlock may take a few attempts to unlock (wake phone then press MENU soft key afew times until you feel vibration from haptic feedback then unlock screen) VERY small price to pay for an excellent kernel.....i`m sure vamshi will address this issue when he has time..:P

Accelerometer has been improved, all games i`ve tried worked very well with it enabled (thx 4pda team)

Improved screen ratio`s with apps

ALL apps i`ve installed work fine and also when playing games the phone does NOT restart

Market already included with the ROM, so dont need to install a seperate Gapps package

Known Issues: Lock screen (padlock) when taking calls, CRT anim on/off not working properly yet.....

Please remember that these are Nightly builds so it doesnt mean that every build/release will get better, sometimes the builds inherit more bugs than they previously had BUT i try to fix and release stable and very usable ROMS for you all to use....thx

Installation instructions on the 1st post of this thread, IF however you are upgrading from #257 (version 1) then you should be ok to install OTT

I will create #224v2 with updated apps and Accelerometer improvements plus vamshi`s new kernel in the next few days

Enjoy....................................................

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

Ok guys here you go: #257v2

I will create #224v2 with updated apps and Accelerometer improvements plus vamshi`s new kernel in the next few days

Enjoy....................................................

224v2, :D now this is gonna be worth waiting for :) the original is my personal favorite, thank you in advance :)

Guest frowzy

Problem 1: When I launch 'Contacts', I'm presented with my contacts. When I launch 'Dialer', I'm presented with my contacts and not the dialer.

Problem 2: I installed the 'Go Keyboard' app and enabled it but when I restart the phone, the Android keyboard is default again.

Edited by frowzy

Guest Racerboy

Problem 1: When I launch 'Contacts', I'm presented with my contacts. When I launch 'Dialer', I'm presented with my contacts and not the dialer.

Problem 2: I installed the 'Go Keyboard' app and enabled it but when I restart the phone, the Android keyboard is default again.

there is a TAB at the top to select Dialer/Contacts

please check again that GO keyboard is the default either by pressing and holding text input screen or by the settings/go keybaord menu

Guest frowzy

there is a TAB at the top to select Dialer/Contacts

please check again that GO keyboard is the default either by pressing and holding text input screen or by the settings/go keybaord menu

I'm aware of the tabs but the correct screen should still be launched.

Go Keyboard is deafault until phone is restarted.

Guest plegdroid

Go Keyboard is deafault until phone is restarted.

to make go keyboard persistent, move into system apps and it will Hold after reboot :)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest Racerboy

for me its work for either contacts or phone dialer........try a clean install (instructions on 1st post of this thread)

Guest shharisree

use titanium backup to make a backup of android keyboard and then uninstall it....also make sure you have set ur input method correctly(long press in the field where u type ...eg messages)...

Guest plegdroid

if not got titanium,, try anttek app manager free on market, just freeze android keyboard, and go will be default keyboard as that's the onlyone available :)

Guest frowzy

Okay, I have wiped phone via CWM and reinstalled #257 V1. Contacts and Dialer are now working properly and lockscreen works normally again - #257 V2 lockscreen very fiddly as we all know.

I have installed 'Go Keyboard' and uninstalled the Android keyboard and text input is all good now.

I believe the lockscreen issues for #257 V2 are caused by the updated kernel assuming that the sensistivity adjusment has been tweaked a bit too much causing this issue. It doesn't matter what unlock option I choose, they are all extremely annoying to operate, even the 'Menu' unlock operates as poorly as the the other options (back to #257 V1 solely for this reason).

New Problem: How do you add a contact to a new SMS? Shouldn't there be an icon that you press to add a contact from your address book?

Edited by frowzy

Guest Vlatko25

settings>wireless and networks>mobile network> uncheck 'use only 2G networks' and youre done

Racer Boy i must admit that 257v2 is really good rom :D

So i just want to help for those who have audio distorse

Go to DSP manager

Speaker

Enable equalizer custom

0.0 9.6 10.0 10,0 3.1(down) 10.0(up)

this use together with Deadlink fix for headset settings in DSP manager

Excellent rom Racer Boy just keep your excellent work in 2012 and i wish you all the best this year :D

Guest Vlatko25

Racer Boy i must admit that 257v2 is really good rom :D

So i just want to help for those who have audio distorse

Go to DSP manager

Speaker

Enable equalizer custom

0.0 9.6 10.0 10,0 3.1(down) 10.0(up)

this use together with Deadlink fix for headset settings in DSP manager

Excellent rom Racer Boy just keep your excellent work in 2012 and i wish you all the best this year :D

This credits goes to malshenzu.com team

post-833264-0-14479100-1325678905_thumb.

Edited by Vlatko25

Guest Racerboy

as we are on the subject of audio quality their are some vital factors besides the equalizer which Vlatko has pointed out that have barring on the sound quality:

when ripping audio to whichever format, mp3 or wma etc make sure its of a high bitrate (minimum 128Kbps cd quality) also the volume levels on the files you have ripped can sometimes be to high which can lead to distoration........so take these points into consideration aswell...thx

Edited by Racerboy

Guest plegdroid

excellent point,music nowadays is masterd to be loud, so in turn is limited and compressed to death even before the consumer gets their hands on it, then we further degrade it with file conversion and format changes, so it's not always a problem with a rom/kernel , remember: sh1t in, sh1t out.

:D

edit: I always listen to music eq flat, but with a decent pair of plugs( full frequency bandwidth) eq is there to compensate for a poor listening environment.:)

Edited by plegdroid

Guest zaosokol

#257v2

No IS GOOD!

Sou Brasileiro e acompanho o topico a meses...

Instalei essa versao #257v2

V2 não esta boa, meu celular vive travando esta horrível! vou voltar pro v257

Wi-fi nao esta bom

Desbloquear o celular esta travando muito!

Thanks