[ROM] MIUI - 2.1.20 (2.3.7c) - Phoenix

Guest TheShak

Guest TheShak

thanks for the update i have notices the last two are a bit laggy but with '28 after i ran supercharger (rc2) script and erased /cache directory swap.img file and /system/etc/init.d/11romzswap file its right back to being snappy

'

Yep, me too. After deleting those files, no probs with speed or market etc. Also now ALL the LEDs are working as per normal again which is cool.

Cheers

Guest danitkd93

works fine for me... what are you running ? language? etc.

the mms doesn't work with and with out language pack... my operator is wind (ITA)

Edited by danitkd93

Guest TheShak

the mms doesn't work with and with out language pack... my operator is wind (ITA)

that's wierd, i've tried both as well they work great. So, I'm guessing its either some settings with your operator or you need to reflash, delete data of the mms app and reapply settings such as sms centre number etc...

Also did you check with a diffrent rom ? CM7?

Guest Mecallie

Is anyone having serious battery drain issues with this rom?

Everything (except some missing translations) is working fine and pretty smooth. However, my battery drain is about 5% per hour now. On Liquid Next 1.9.x that used to be about 1 to 2% max.

No apps installed yet...

Guest Lens_flare
Set max battery drain=1%

public final in maxbattery =100;

BatUnit batUnit = new BatUnit(maxbattery); 

int drain = 0,001;

int remaining = getRemainingFrom(batUnit);

if (!maxbattery){

mult=100;

set(drain,remaining,mult);

}

parse it :D

Guest TheShak

It works well, but the browser FC.

Thanks for letting me know. Browser Fix in first post plus new FULL english translation uploaded ... both are NO WIPE installs

Cheers

Guest korpicschess

Thanks for letting me know. Browser Fix in first post plus new FULL english translation uploaded ... both are NO WIPE installs

Cheers

I have installed LN1.9.2 but I wasn't able to connect wifi because it stopped az obtaining IP address (idea?). So I decided to install MIUI. It is laggy and only got 600 quadrant points. OC doesn't work for me. My device was frozen.

I did something wrong?

Installed after wipe everything.

Thx you in advance.

(sry for my english)

Guest TheShak

I have installed LN1.9.2 but I wasn't able to connect wifi because it stopped az obtaining IP address (idea?). So I decided to install MIUI. It is laggy and only got 600 quadrant points. OC doesn't work for me. My device was frozen.

I did something wrong?

Installed after wipe everything.

Thx you in advance.

(sry for my english)

Have you deleted the two files as mentioned in the first post in bold ?

i.e.: If you do not want to use this feature in the ROM after flashing

use root explorer to delete in the /cache directory swap.img file,

and delete /system/etc/init.d/11romzswap file.

Edited by TheShak

Guest thirtytwodave

has the full rom been modified with browser fix or just patches

also my gps comes on and doesn't go off after i boot the phone anybody have any ideas whats causing this

Edited by thirtytwodave

Guest korpicschess

Have you deleted the two files as mentioned in the first post in bold ?

i.e.: If you do not want to use this feature in the ROM after flashing

use root explorer to delete in the /cache directory swap.img file,

and delete /system/etc/init.d/11romzswap file.

Well actually I didn't but I have the same experiences with compcache and without. There is a strong battery drain.

I uploaded the newest ROM on my friends SGS and now I feel I should throw away this phone because it sucs. :S

I will delete the files you have mentioned. I have problems with the second because it says that ut us file system read-only.

Other problem is the very small amount of RAM.

Edited by korpicschess

Guest TheShak

has the full rom been modified with browser fix or just patches

also my gps comes on and doesn't go off after i boot the phone anybody have any ideas whats causing this

No the full rom is Original Truecolor, i don't like to touch that... so you'll need to flash that first, reboot, then flash brower_fix and the language pack...

I must admit that i've not had any issues with GPS etc. Might be some rogue software??? Mine runs a treat with great battery life (1st time for a Truecolor rom) almost two days... less than average use though...

Edited by TheShak

Guest TheShak

Well actually I didn't but I have the same experiences with compcache and without. There is a strong battery drain.

I uploaded the newest ROM on my friends SGS and now I feel I should throw away this phone because it sucs. :S

I will delete the files you have mentioned. I have problems with the second because it says that ut us file system read-only.

Other problem is the very small amount of RAM.

This has nothing to do with compache... This was way to increase memory for the phone using a swap partiton. I found that this does cause some lagginess and extra battery drain, after deleting the two files, battery life is good and also response time etc.

Yes, to delete the second file you will need to set the folder to r/w using root explorer then delete the file and then set the folder back to r/o...

Cheers

Guest thirtytwodave

No the full rom is Original Truecolor, i don't like to touch that... so you'll need to flash that first, reboot, then flash brower_fix and the language pack...

I must admit that i've not had any issues with GPS etc. Might be some rogue software??? Mine runs a treat with great battery life (1st time for a Truecolor rom) almost two days... less than average use though...

Ok thanks i will go through the apps one by one and see whats happening

Guest korpicschess

This has nothing to do with compache... This was way to increase memory for the phone using a swap partiton. I found that this does cause some lagginess and extra battery drain, after deleting the two files, battery life is good and also response time etc.

Yes, to delete the second file you will need to set the folder to r/w using root explorer then delete the file and then set the folder back to r/o...

Cheers

Oh gosh what a noob I am. :D I deleted it.

Is it recommended to switch compcache on? Other settings (on SGS convert the filesystem to ext4 was made the device fast, i dont know what filesystem does it have, or any recommended settings are available)?

Guest hiemanshu

I installed the chinese rom, and installed the english language pack, but I cant set language to english. Can anyone guide me how to do it correctly? I have a Liquid E. I installed the miui rom (signed flash), rebooted, installed english lang pack and it still chinese, I cant find the option in settings to change it to english (all chinese chars). Please help.