Final version of ClockworkMod GUI

Guest t0mm13b

It is well known that the hardware buttons of the blade are cheap.

When you push them you have the impression they'll break between your fingers.

And this without the fact they do a horrible squeech squeech.

During the normal operation of the phone you don't really need to use the hardware keys.

But when you are in ClockWorkmod you have no choice.

This is why Phoenix_Silver and me we had the idea to create a ClockWorkmod which use the touchscreen.

Handsets supported (each handset needs its own version don't flash the blade one in your handset) :

Zte Blade : Works.

Galaxy Europa : Works.

LG Optimus : Works.

Zte Racer : Works.

Zte Skate : Needs to be tested.

Other Handsets : Don't works.

A Picture of it below:

RacerCWM_242x322.jpg

You can continue to use the hardware keys as usual or use the icons to navigate in the menus.

There's an additional set of icons used, notably, battery indicator, touch screen sensitivity which has three icons:

1. Left-most icon is paradoxically, increase sensitivity and menu highlight bar will fly - bordering on 'russian roulette' in trying to get the right menu option!
  2. Rightmost icon is paradoxically decrease sensitivity and will slow down the menu highlight bar...
  3. Middle icon resets the sensitivity to the default that most have found comfortable to use.

Also:

• Battery Monitor - Instead of boring singular colour - there's psychedelic colours used - a rainbow if you like, to indicate the battery charge in use. It gets updated periodically as time goes by with battery power going down/up... When the battery is fully charged and at 100%, the singular colour green is emphasized, then after the 1% drop it goes "waahhayyy" and rainbow colours appear....

Racerboy did the intensive testing of this application. A big thanks to him :)

The application is based on CWM 4.0.1.5

Clockworkmod GUI

Edit : download the file photom_cwm_fastboot_racer.zip.

Edit : i have created the script to install the img with clockworkmod. Download the file photom_cwm_update_racer.zip.

You will find the script in:

At the same url :

Clockworkmod GUI

WARNING these img are for Gen1 Racers; don't flash them if your Racer is gen2

You can flash the imgs with fastboot :

Fastboot flash recovery recovery_photom_XX.img

Fastboot reboot

Or install the update zips with the actual Cwm

P.S. : if there are enough interested people we could do a gen2 version.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Racerboy

thx t0mm13b and Phoenix_Silver for making this actually happen, alot of work on your behalf getting it right, lol lost count of how images i tried :lol: but you done it and i`m sure it will be a great success and save alot of people`s hard keys........:P

EDIT: Nice picture BTW :D

Edited by Racerboy

thx t0mm13b and Phoenix_Silver for making this actually happen, alot of work on your behalf getting it right, lol lost count of how images i tried :lol: but you done it and i`m sure it will be a great success and save alot of people`s hard keys........:P

Lol :lol:

:P

Thank you for your help - it was a team effort job - without you, the Racer version would never have had happened ;)

Cheers B)

Edit: PS: Yeah nice picture - thanks for that too ;)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest gagan313

hey, nice mod.......i was wondering how you make the touchscreen so sensitive because I i using the cwm and the touchscreen was amazing compared to the sensisivity on the roms itself?

Guest Racerboy

Work in TMN Soft Stone (ZTE Link)

yes our no :D

to be on the safe side NO, i think i`m right in saying Link is slighty different and wont work, maybe t0mm13b can clarify :)

to be on the safe side NO, i think i`m right in saying Link is slighty different and wont work, maybe t0mm13b can clarify :)

Racerboy is correct in what he's saying, BUT....

If you have the necessary information about the ZTE Link and the kernel used, rom version, clockwork recovery etc... we may be able to port it to that device. :)

Cheers,

B)

Guest Racerboy

oh lawdy, never cross my mind to try older version :D

i think theirs a keymapping issue in 4.0.1.5 if you install a fresh version rather than updating within CWM from older version 4.0.1.4 to 4.0.1.5

oh lawdy, never cross my mind to try older version :D

Nope, I turn back version for the same reason when 4.0.1.5 first get out and now just put update from 4.0.1.4 to this GUI version (just update img, not completely new update.zip) and green button is not working again. When tried "key test" all buttons give something except green which is completely ignored :(

Can someone make this GUI version based on 4.0.1.4 or find out why green button is completely ignored on 4.0.1.5?

Guest Racerboy

Nope, I turn back version for the same reason when 4.0.1.5 first get out and now just put update from 4.0.1.4 to this GUI version (just update img, not completely new update.zip) and green button is not working again. When tried "key test" all buttons give something except green which is completely ignored :(

Can someone make this GUI version based on 4.0.1.4 or find out why green button is completely ignored on 4.0.1.5?

img. is a complete wipe so doing the update.zip from within CWM is updating the existing installed version...:)

try it install 4.0.1.4.img then use update.zip 4.0.1.5 whether it be the touch screen version what this thread is about or the original CWM and install through CWM, keys will be fine

Edited by Racerboy

Guest equiliym

4.0.1.4 by anychance?:)

yes, downloaded it from this link, found it in some thread here on modaco D:

after that just enter bootloader and fastboot flash recovery recovery.img etc you know the drill :P

• 1 month later...
Guest equiliym

will this work if change to zip file extension? :)

if you are talking about that racerboys link, no, you must either make a flashable zip or just install it via fastboot, i just did that, gonna try it