My Archos 80 G9 8GB arrived! Any questions?

Guest PaulOBrien

TouchPad and Archos hardware are leagues apart... of course the HP is much more premium.

But it doesn't run Honeycomb and it's not widely available. ;-)

P

Guest fromWinland
http://www.archoslounge.net/Probleme-d- ... A80G9.html

It's in french ; they say Archos is aware of it and has already fix the problem for the next productions to come. Archos says also that this problem doesn't affect the performances or the longevity of the device. And just a part of the actual tablets have this problem.

http://forum.archosf...=57231&start=60

How's the battery life?

Edited by fromWinland

Guest vinesh chauhan

Hi,

How does the 4:3 screen compare to a widescreen tablet.

For example when viewing Iplayer, Youtube etc.

I have never used a 4:3 ratio tablet.

Guest Homer314

Hi Paul, i tried iconia a100 and i loved it's portability: is the archos 80 a lot bigger then acer? I compared specs sizes, but i prefer a "human" comparation :)

Thank you

USB port in my Archos seems to move in and our out few milimeters beyond its typical sitting point when pulling USB device out of it. Is that a intentional or a sign of manufacturing fault?

Guest todoleo

USB port in my Archos seems to move in and our out few milimeters beyond its typical sitting point when pulling USB device out of it. Is that a intentional or a sign of manufacturing fault?

It's intentional. When using a 3G dongle in the tablet, you can pull it out a bit to get better reception. After the latest firmware update (3.2.56) you can use the USB port on the back to mount external USB storage and devices too. So far I have tested it with my 320GB external HDD and a Mouse. Hope that clears up the worries about the moving USB port.

It's intentional. When using a 3G dongle in the tablet, you can pull it out a bit to get better reception. After the latest firmware update (3.2.56) you can use the USB port on the back to mount external USB storage and devices too. So far I have tested it with my 320GB external HDD and a Mouse. Hope that clears up the worries about the moving USB port.

Thanks for clarifying.

Thanks for clarifying.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for double post. Can someone delete, as I can't find a way to do it myself? Thanks and sorry...

Edited by evad