• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stock Orange Firmware on TWM T3

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

I have new factory unlocked TWM T3 (Korean ZTE Skate). I would like to flash stock Orange Firmware but not completely sure if it is suitable for this device.

Does anyone has an experience of flashing TWM T3 to some alternative ROM?

Thank you in advance

Posted

you wont no until you try it .you must have superboot and clockwork installed to try it.

Posted

Would it be worth dumping the unlocked rom first to assist with a possible unlock?

Posted

I believe that someone on Modaco has tried to flash ZTE Skate with TWM T3 firmware but didn't get the unlock.

Posted

Please dump the rom without clockwork, if you use clockwork you over write parts of the rom making it useless....

Unfortunately the devs have generaly dissapeared from the OMC forum,

but if there was a new unlocked Skate rom to work with they might come back....

Posted

I believe that someone on Modaco has tried to flash ZTE Skate with TWM T3 firmware but didn't get the unlock.

that was because he had used clockwork for the rom dump, that makes it useless for the devs....

only an un adulterated rom is any good for the devs...

Posted

I could try to make the dump if there is some instruction (but this would be on Saturday)

Posted

I could try to make the dump if there is some instruction (but this would be on Saturday)

Would someone please give freeman_g instructions on how to do this.

If I knew how I would :)

Your unaltered factory unlocked rom could be the key that helps get all our phones unlocked!

Good on ya mate!

Posted

Found this on an earlier post: http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/

Posted

Hey man, how did the dump go?

Did you manage it?

Posted

Unfortunatelly not, sorry. As I mentioned, it is not my phone, but the guy won't flash it, so I would try to make dump this week.

And I have not found an answer if I could flash this device with Orange rom :(

Posted

I'm holding a genuine Orange Monte Carlo Firmware Update in my hands. It's a .bin file and can be executed from the phone without any rooting. Interested?

Posted

Unfortunatelly not, sorry. As I mentioned, it is not my phone, but the guy won't flash it, so I would try to make dump this week.

And I have not found an answer if I could flash this device with Orange rom :(

I can't see why it wouldn't work, I flashed the Magic Star Addict version to my OMC, worked fine, but the hardware buttons were swapped. I think it's worth waiting till you have the ROM dumped first, just in case.