Stock ZTE Skate ROM

Guest acidsnake

The above link doesn't work. Could we have an update please?

I made a foolish mistake. I bought this phone specifically because I needed UMA. However, I chose to buy the ZTE Skate instead of the Orange Monte Carlo. In theory these are the same phone. Unfortunately, it seems that only the rebadged Orange version has UMA. I had assumed UMA was a feature of the hardware, not the software.

Therefore, I am looking for a stock ROM for UK Orange Monte Carlo, in the hope this will give me the UMA feature.

The really annoying part is the Orange version is actually cheaper than the ZTE one - but I intended to root and remove the Orange crap so I thought I might as well go for the ZTE version which doesn't have that.

Big mistake :mellow:

looks like the first member to buy the zte version, in stock rom thread

Edited by tillaz

Guest Nighthawk4

I have tried the first method of copying the stock rom and my Mac fails to find the device - even though I can browse the contents of the device.

I then tried the second method and it does not let me copy the download to where I can run it on the phone - it says 'permission denied'.

If someone can please help me resolve one or other of those issues I will be happy to upload a copy of the stock rom.

Guest tillaz

this my give you some ideas. i know its not for mac but you could change it

I got it working in Ubuntu, but only after doing this:

1/ 'cd' to the 'platform-tools/' dir inside latest Android SDK

2/ execute "./adb reboot bootloader"

3/ 'cd' back to the CWM r4 directory which you extracted from this thread, and run:

A >> chmod a+x fastboot-linux

B >> ./fastboot-linux flash recovery clockworkmod.img

C >> ./fastboot-linux reboot

See how this is being done? I'm using the sdk adb version to put the phone into bootloader mode, and then switching to the CWM fastboot tool to flash the cwm image.

Hope this helps! I'm a little tired to explain further, but do ask if you need help.

Nice work with Blue Monte, by the way! :D

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

its incredible after nearly two months we still dont have a proper unlocked skate rom dump...

all the main devs have avoided skate like the plague...

Guest PedroVader

Seems that way, maybe the unlock is keeping them away.. many feel its not the best upgrade from the Blade, I'm really chuffed with mine, Blue Monte works great, battery life is better than my Blade was, screen is amazing.

The unlock isn't a major issue for me, Been with Orange for a few years on and off, but I would like a look at the stock ROM, never stick with the same one for long.

Let's just hope the lucky buyers who got it cheaper last weekend find their way here, give the numbers a boost :-)