Orange Monte Carlo down to £119: For how long, though?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Apparently, according to the manager of my local Orange retail store, the price of the Orange Monte Carlo will drop to £119, at least for tomorrow anyway. I've known this guy years (since he was working at "Tandy" - shows HOW long!) and I trust his word. He said they were busy printing out fliers to promote this price drop...

So go and take a look at YOUR local Orange retail!

[EDIT]

Just spoke to my local Orange shop again, and this is a promotion for THIS WEEKEND ONLY... so better snap one up fast!

[EDIT AGAIN]

It would appear that the new, lower price of £119 has been extended past the weekend promotional period. Interesting...

Edited by glossywhite

It was £119 when it came out ,That included £10 credit. Iv'e given up on an unlock here i'll just wait till the 3 months is up then ring orange for the unlock code.

Edited by den169

It was £119 when it came out ,That included £10 credit. Iv'e given up on an unlock here i'll just wait till the 3 months is up then ring orange for the unlock code.

only for orange customers it woz 119, i payed 149 from the online store

Guest glossywhite

only for orange customers it woz 119, i payed 149 from the online store

The manager I spoke to said that the £119 was an outright discounted price, not exclusive to existing Orange customers etc.

Edited by glossywhite

The manager I spoke to said that the £119 was an outright discounted price, not exclusive to existing Orange customers etc.

yeah, i mean before this, orange customers could apparently get it at that price but 149 for non orange customers

Is that £119 online price tomorow or just in that particular shop...I'll buy another for £119...

yeah, i mean before this, orange customers could apparently get it at that price but 149 for non orange customers

I've been an Orange costumer for a few years but still had to pay the full £149

Edited by dadashi

Guest glossywhite

Is that £119 online price tomorow or just in that particular shop...I'll buy another for £119...

I've been an Orange costumer for a few years but still had to pay the full £149

I've told you all I know, sorry. If I knew more, I'd tell more.

I've told you all I know, sorry. If I knew more, I'd tell more.

best thing to do is ring orange customer services on 0870 870 8888 its free, that number is inside the little read me first booklet smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

best thing to do is ring orange customer services on 0870 870 8888 its free, that number is inside the little read me first booklet smile.gif

Sorry, but I trust the manager of one retail store, more than the scripted replies from Orange customer services... oh, and it's 0800 801080 or 0800 079 2000, not some 0870 number. Don't make people pay when they needn't.

Sorry, but I trust the manager of one retail store, more than the scripted replies from Orange customer services... oh, and it's 0800 801080 or 0800 079 2000, not some 0870 number. Don't make people pay when they needn't.

don't make people pay..... its a free number, try reading the booklet mentioned above, i personally ring this number every time i have a problem with 0.1p credit.

and as you said to the member that asked if available online you said you don't know, so ringing the free number would be the only way to find out.....

Edited by tillaz

Guest glossywhite

don't make people pay..... its a free number, try reading the booklet mentioned above, i personally ring this number every time i have a problem with 0.1p credit.

and as you said to the member that asked if available online you said you don't know, so ringing the free number would be the only way to find out.....

My friend, you have maybe assumed, wrongly, that just because an 0870 number is free for you, that this will be the case for anyone calling it, or any other 0870 number. If they're free, then that's great for you, but 0870 is well known to be of the "national rate" tariff, and not free. I understand you are being helpful, but 0870 numbers are not classed as free, no matter what anyone may say. Besides, why would you risk it, when there are myriad other FREEFONE 0800 numbers for Orange, and also:

http://saynoto0870.com

Thank you.

Edited by glossywhite

My friend, you have maybe assumed, wrongly, that just because an 0870 number is free for you, that this will be the case for anyone calling it, or any other 0870 number. If they're free, then that's great for you, but 0870 is well known to be of the "national rate" tariff, and not free. I understand you are being helpful, but 0870 numbers are not classed as free, no matter what anyone may say. Besides, why would you risk it, when there are myriad other FREEFONE 0800 numbers for Orange, and also:

http://saynoto0870.com

Thank you.

do you even own a orange monte carlo to know that this number is not free? (i guess not). i actually own the phone & know the number is free it says so in the manual. i think you have assumed wrongly.

Guest glossywhite

do you even own a orange monte carlo to know that this number is not free? (i guess not). i actually own the phone & know the number is free it says so in the manual. i think you have assumed wrongly.

Why would you assume people who want to find out the price of an Orange product, have already purchased it, or are already ON Orange? Why would I be calling them to ask them the price of the OMC, had I already bought it? :-/

You are assuming everyone is already WITH Orange, which is one bold assumption. Anyhow, we're wasting time here, and evidently this is quite a circular debate.

0800 = free

0870 = not free

Known fact.

Why would you assume people who want to find out the price of an Orange product, have already purchased it, or are already ON Orange? Why would I be calling them to ask them the price of the OMC, had I already bought it? :-/

You are assuming everyone is already WITH Orange, which is one bold assumption. Anyhow, we're wasting time here, and evidently this is quite a circular debate.

0800 = free

0870 = not free

Known fact.

ok i will just post a picture of the actual page from the booklet, and yes the above are normally very true... but not in the case of this number

picug.jpg

Guest glossywhite

ok i will just post a picture of the actual page from the booklet, and yes the above are normally very true... but not in the case of this number

picug.jpg

Would you please drop it? It doesn't even matter, when people can call 0800 numbers - THEY'RE EVERYWHERE ON GOOGLE!

Would you please drop it? It doesn't even matter, when people can call 0800 numbers - THEY'RE EVERYWHERE ON GOOGLE!

just proving my point that the number i gave is FREE & takes you directly to orange... not going to made out as if i am misleading people

Guest glossywhite

just proving my point that the number i gave is FREE & takes you directly to orange... not going to made out as if i am misleading people

Your 'point'? Was it worth all that back and forth nonsense? lol!