[ROM] ZTE Wanna-be-MIUI-r01.0

Guest equiliym

Guest wooly_sammoth

Nice work Equiliym. The ROM is really snappy and smooth. The calibration on the keyboard in particular is really good.

The QQ Launcher is really interesting. Having my apps available on the home page isn't something I'm used to (I generally go minimal) but I kind of like it. The animations when closing apps are really smooth too.

B)

Guest equiliym

Nice work Equiliym. The ROM is really snappy and smooth. The calibration on the keyboard in particular is really good.

The QQ Launcher is really interesting. Having my apps available on the home page isn't something I'm used to (I generally go minimal) but I kind of like it. The animations when closing apps are really smooth too.

B)

yeah, i spent quite some time editing framework so i added custom ui animations to look fancy :D there are also animations in the launcher in menu>preference>animation settings which changes animations with screen sliding so you can make it really look nice

for the apps, yeah it might be annoying for some people but if i want a clean screen i just make a folder or two and put all stuff in it

edit: sigh, rom already stolen at malshenzu and i didnt even get a thanks ;_;

16_6445_e8824225f314fb4.png?125

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

oh well, its a free download anyway :) thanks, if i get some inspiration or whatever i might make themes for this or even a new rom after some time etc :P

Guest Rahulj85

Are there any known bugs for this rom? What about battery? Does it last ?

Pozdrav za Novi Sad :)

15% drain in 30 mins..i'll say the battery backup is on the lower side..

Guest equiliym

Are there any known bugs for this rom? What about battery? Does it last ?

Pozdrav za Novi Sad :)

downside is that this launcher doesnt support scrollable widgets i guess.. pozdrav :)

15% drain in 30 mins..i'll say the battery backup is on the lower side..

thats odd, i lost 15% of battery in 6 hours here.. ill check this issue out.. might as well update fingerprint if doing any fixes :P thanks for kudos btw

Guest wooly_sammoth

My battery drain has been really good with this ROM. Phone was on charge until about 9 o'clock this morning. It's only had a day of normal use: loads of e-mail to read, phone calls for about 45 minutes and some light gaming at lunch time, and I still have 35% left at just before 9 at night!

Edited by wooly_sammoth

Guest pintas

Amazing ROM. Thanks!

Is there a chance to use MIUI official themes from http://miuiandroid.com/themes ??

I downloaded those themes you said and put them in /sdcard/QQLauncher/Themes, but they don't appear in the Theme option menu.

In the download page the author says to put them in /sdcard/QQLauncher/Theme and not /sdcard/QQLauncher/Themes, i tried both without luck.

I even renamed the file to 圆润有爱 but still... nothing.

Edited by pintas

Guest equiliym

Amazing ROM. Thanks!

Is there a chance to use MIUI official themes from http://miuiandroid.com/themes ??

I downloaded those themes you said and put them in /sdcard/QQLauncher/Themes, but they don't appear in the Theme option menu.

In the download page the author says to put them in /sdcard/QQLauncher/Theme and not /sdcard/QQLauncher/Themes, i tried both without luck.

I even renamed the file to 圆润有爱 but still... nothing.

hmm, ill take a look at those themes tomorrow since its 11pm here now.. as for themes for this rom, i remember i downloaded signa and suave, had to unzip them, you get icons and wallpaper folders, make a description.txt file and just repack them as randomname_theme3.zip or theme4 etc.. if themes can be taken from that site, those are mostly icons and wallpapers btw

as for battery drain, i had my phone running on debug for an hour, when inactive, most active apps were gtalk, maps and weather widget.. but ill check more when my battery goes dead..

there is also that battery status thing in recovery, you can try it, charge your phone to 100%, reboot into recovery and go into advanced>wipe battery stats, might fix the issue for you

Edited by equiliym

Guest Shadowtrance

Just installed this rom and have to say i really like it.

Fast and smooth. No problems so far except for not being 100% translated. :(

Guest equiliym

Just installed this rom and have to say i really like it.

Fast and smooth. No problems so far except for not being 100% translated. :(

yeah i have a problem with that being as i dont know chinese and google translate is just awesome with it, i put a line and it translates with "handsome brother brush" xD but ill try to translate more for and if i update it more :P

ok i checked themes from that site, those are for real miui roms, cant work with my miui-like but you can repack part of it to use with this launcher..

download a theme, it will be in 7zip (.mtz) format, unpack it somewhere, make a folder named icons and from unpacked theme, extract icons from 'icons' file, add a file description.txt file with the text below, you can edit it ofc and save it

you should then have icons, preview and wallpaper folder with desc txt, zip that and name it as like sometheme_theme5.zip and put in /sdcard/QQLauncher/Themes (you can also put your jpg/png wallpaper only here)

description.txt content:

title=theme_name

description=theme_description

author=theme_author

version=1.0

Edited by equiliym

Guest andy787786

Installed the ROM from first post.

This is very different from all the ROMs I have used till date.

Brilliant graphics and icons. No lagging. M quite impressed...But I need to get more used to this in absence of Appdrawer...

Guest shiner69

oh well, its a free download anyway :) thanks, if i get some inspiration or whatever i might make themes for this or even a new rom after some time etc :P

I like Racerboy's ROM, but have installed yours and it is fantastic. However, can you make it a bit more "English", also remove the Google Apps so that we can install our own apps. I tried yours and it seems to be the chinese one. Also I cannot remove or change the location on the home screen. Even though I double click on it and it lets me put in my own town it does not change it. appears that it must be a chinese location. I love this ROM and want to use it, so it would be great if you can modify it for me. Thanks and hope you will do something for me. You have some other great applications which I like installed. Great work and please put out more ROMS

Thanks

Terry

Guest Th1ag0w

This rom really suprised me, very smooth and fast. But i'm kinda lost withou an app drawer, lol, so i came back to racerboy's cm7.

But congratz equiliym, you did a awesome job!

Guest pintas

yeah i have a problem with that being as i dont know chinese and google translate is just awesome with it, i put a line and it translates with "handsome brother brush" xD but ill try to translate more for and if i update it more :P

ok i checked themes from that site, those are for real miui roms, cant work with my miui-like but you can repack part of it to use with this launcher..

download a theme, it will be in 7zip (.mtz) format, unpack it somewhere, make a folder named icons and from unpacked theme, extract icons from 'icons' file, add a file description.txt file with the text below, you can edit it ofc and save it

you should then have icons, preview and wallpaper folder with desc txt, zip that and name it as like sometheme_theme5.zip and put in /sdcard/QQLauncher/Themes (you can also put your jpg/png wallpaper only here)

description.txt content:

title=theme_name

description=theme_description

author=theme_author

version=1.0

Thanks man, i really apreciate it! ;)