The abilities of Vegacomb on a Vega

Guest derffie

Guest derffie

Hiya peoples!

Just thought you all might like to see some of my artwork.....

6215387735_af75dae754_b.jpg

*Errm, That's lovely derffie, but this is a Vega tablet area of a android site.. so yeah...WTF???* I here you cry,

WELL, what if I told you it was made using the wonderful apps autodesk sketchbook pro, Fresco and Picsay pro all running on Vegacomb 3.2 Version 9n update3......on a lowly Advent Vega.

This latest incarnation has nailed it for me its epic, smooth, no crashes and generally a bit sexy all round.

So yeah thats it really, I just thought it would be nice to get a positive post about the Vega in here, just think we all read the "its not working" "something something touchscreen broke" or "doo daa jimmy thingy dropped off" posts, Just so you can see that there is at least one vega out there that does EXACTLY whats wanted of it!

Guest newbe5

Cracking! Thanks for this mate, and nice work on the art! Really glad that everything working for you, it's been a long road with VegaComb, but myself and the team are really proud of it and happy that it can let people like you do stuff like this on their budget tab!

Also, from now on all bug reports should be named: Doo daa jimmy thingys.

;)

newbe5

Guest simonta

That's amazing. Great work and thanks for the positive post :)

How do you get the detail? Do you use a stylus or have you got good fingernails ;)

I second newbe5 for all bug reports not beginning with "doo dah jimmy thingy" being ignored.

Guest derffie

From now on all bug reports should be named: Doo daa jimmy thingys.

;)

newbe5

Doo daa jimmy thingys.... Oh dear, what have I done?

Cheers dude! Coming from you that comment means a lot to me, really wanted to show that Vegacomb REALLY makes a contender of the vega, all down to you and the team.

Guest derffie

Thanks mate! The detail is all done with a nice griffin capacitive stylus, and blocking out quick with my chubby digits!

Again with the doo daa jimmy thingys!! I'm starting to regret that...

I think that we should all try to post a "happy" positive post every so often, like that feel good story at the end of the local news.

Again thank you.

Guest dibbles

That is seriously impressive and you have a great deal of skill. To do that on any medium would be a job well done but to do that on a Vega is little short of astounding.

I would love to be able to draw anything other then simple stick men. I can seem to see in my mind what I want to draw but it seems like my internal wiring is all screwed up as what ends up on the paper bears little resemblance to what I wanted it to be :(

Guest xathras

Thanks mate! The detail is all done with a nice griffin capacitive stylus, and blocking out quick with my chubby digits!

Again with the doo daa jimmy thingys!! I'm starting to regret that...

I think that we should all try to post a "happy" positive post every so often, like that feel good story at the end of the local news.

Again thank you.

You have now acquired the status of a "Stylus God". Do you have any tips on the use of styli for us poor mortals?

Guest BTatHome

Wow !

I'd love to see one of those videos of the process sped up. Would be really nice to see how you use the stylus/fingers to create such a thing.

Guest derffie

You have now acquired the status of a "Stylus God". Do you have any tips on the use of styli for us poor mortals?

Easy there! I'll blush! As for the stylus, hold at the end of it like you where using a pointer, and practice, sorry there is no magic method dude, thanks for your comment though!

Guest derffie

Wow !

I'd love to see one of those videos of the process sped up. Would be really nice to see how you use the stylus/fingers to create such a thing.

I'll see what I can do for you all, if I can get a camera I do a youtube jobby. thanks dude.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AlbaJoe

Doo daa jimmy thingys.... Oh dear, what have I done?

Cheers dude! Coming from you that comment means a lot to me, really wanted to show that Vegacomb REALLY makes a contender of the vega, all down to you and the team.

+1

I've bought 3 different types of stylus for my Vega - all of them failed to work reliably enough to be useful (they seem to like drawing dashed lines, likethis : - - - - - ).

What type of Griffin stylus do you use Derffie?

Any chance of an eBay link to the same type you have?

Thanks. :-)

Guest derffie

I've bought 3 different types of stylus for my Vega - all of them failed to work reliably enough to be useful (they seem to like drawing dashed lines, likethis : - - - - - ).

What type of Griffin stylus do you use Derffie?

Any chance of an eBay link to the same type you have?

Thanks. :-)

Hi mate, sorry for being llate replying been busy, heavily pregnant wife, and small child juggling!

griffin stylus

and as gross as it sounds our skin needs a certain level of grease on them, and wash your hands as well as you like, you still leave a oily trace on the screen, well, I found that running the tip of the stylus cross your forehead, or somewhere "else" oily it will behave like your finger, I know gross but I swear its true!

Guest derffie

can someone point me to a "what you can do with a vega/vegacomb"

Sorry? rhetorical question, or sarcasm? What can YOU do with a vega and vegacomb?

LOL!!!

Edited by derffie

Guest IanTurner

Asking for a humourous site with pictures showing it wedging a door open, used as a teatray etc etc.

I get the impression from looking around that producing such artwork is not a matter of choice of stylus so much as developing new skills to draw fine lines with a chunky crayon instead of the predcision of a stylus and a digital tablet.

Guest derffie

Asking for a humourous site with pictures showing it wedging a door open, used as a teatray etc etc.

I get the impression from looking around that producing such artwork is not a matter of choice of stylus so much as developing new skills to draw fine lines with a chunky crayon instead of the predcision of a stylus and a digital tablet.

Um ok, I am in the vega fan club camp I have to say, best use for a vega if a teatray is your soloution.....give it to me!

Practice is all it takes, I honestly find drawing on a vega as much a pleasure as pad of paper and pencil, also, I have to say the apps make it, art on a transformer or a xoom is no better, you can argue it, but I've tryed it and I can't see any difference, unless my vega is magic and had a one off super screen on construction..... or there are a lot of people will some strange circluation problem with there hands......Smoking reduces circluation in your hands, my friend has glitchy responses on a iphone after he has had a cigarette. Food for thought.....

Guest AlbaJoe

Sorry? rhetorical question, or sarcasm? What can YOU do with a vega and vegacomb?

LOL!!!

well yes and no. The title of your thread fits with the proverbial "what can you do with" thread you normally find on techie forums but apears to be sadly lacking for the vega. This thread would'certainly be on it but i would love to have seen something a little more comprehensive. You know something tht covers all the features and applications obvious and less so.

Video call through gmail

internet browsing

control your sky+

Sketching

and a paragraph explaining each with recommended apps etc.

i jut dont think people realise just how good this wee tablet is and cn be

Guest simonta

well yes and no. The title of your thread fits with the proverbial "what can you do with" thread you normally find on techie forums but apears to be sadly lacking for the vega. This thread would'certainly be on it but i would love to have seen something a little more comprehensive. You know something tht covers all the features and applications obvious and less so.

Video call through gmail

internet browsing

control your sky+

Sketching

and a paragraph explaining each with recommended apps etc

i jut dont think people realise just how good this wee tablet is and cn be

There's an existing thread for that, probably buried by all the "won't boot" and "bricked" threads. Search will reveal it.

Guest AlbaJoe

There's an existing thread for that, probably buried by all the "won't boot" and "bricked" threads. Search will reveal it.

my sherlock holmes skills must be wanting then or the title has an odd name fr search was the first thing i did hence my comment lol

and yes i can see what you mean about all the briced threads lol mind you it seems so easy once you get the hang of it, its getting there that is the problem