Problem with Rooting

Guest calcdsatr

Guest calcdsatr

Hey Guys, I'm having a really hard time trying to root this phone. It's stock from FIDO/Rogers I've tried Z4root first and it just seemed to not to anything. press on permanent root and it just sat there and did nothing and just quit back to the programs menu.

So broke out superoneclick, and it seems to get stuck on step 4, and then says failed. Tried also the shell root and that didn't do it either.

So i need help, the preinstlled programs are killin the battery very quickly even with juice deffender installed.

Any and All suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Calc

Guest calcdsatr

Just Follow

The Instructions and instead of z4root use windows 7 + oneclickroot but you need to root using a PC!

Well i am using Win7 ult 64-bit, i've looked for this oneclickroot you mentioned, I did find Universal 1-click androot, not sure if this is the same that you are talking about but it still failed.

I have verified that debug mode is enabled, i've ejected the extra sd card, i've tried superoneclick again on x86 XP machine and it still failed.

Model: LG-P990HN

Android version: 2.2.2

Baseband: 1035.21_20110720

Kernel: 2.6.32.9

Build: FRG83G

LGE Version: LGP990hN-V11d

*Bangs head on Desk*

Calc

Guest nickdelf

Just Follow

The Instructions and instead of z4root use windows 7 + oneclickroot but you need to root using a PC!

Anyone know how to root the phone using a Mac. I did it once before, but now won't work ever since I upgraded to V10E from LG and went back to stock

thanks

Guest pawilson78

Well i am using Win7 ult 64-bit, i've looked for this oneclickroot you mentioned, I did find Universal 1-click androot, not sure if this is the same that you are talking about but it still failed.

I have verified that debug mode is enabled, i've ejected the extra sd card, i've tried superoneclick again on x86 XP machine and it still failed.

Model: LG-P990HN

Android version: 2.2.2

Baseband: 1035.21_20110720

Kernel: 2.6.32.9

Build: FRG83G

LGE Version: LGP990hN-V11d

*Bangs head on Desk*

Calc

I had a similar issue where I thought the thing was unrootable! Eventually got hold of SuperOneClick V2.0, and most importantly a set of steps to follow prior to connecting to get your phone ready.

Do you have version 2.0 of SOC? If so then make sure you do the following before trying to root:

If you're having issues with "wait for device" or if RATC is looping, try this

Unplug your USB Cable

Go to Settings > Applications > Development

Uncheck USB Debugging

Plug in your USB Cable

Unplug your USB Cable

Check USB Debugging

Plug in your USB Cable

Then try SOC.

I was using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and I got it to work.

Good luck!

Guest jopololo

Hi calcdsatr, try restart the phone, i had similar problem, when i started it first superoneclick root phone but i tried some app which wanted root, i got error.

I restarted phone and voala, root is working   ;)

Guest calcdsatr

IT ROOTED!!!

Well after tickering a little bit, I found that there was an update available to V21 firmware. After updating I ran super one click and it worked with no issue!

Thanks to all that made suggestions, and to everyone that might have an issue with rooting this phone, try a firmware update first.

Boo-Ya!