[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

The speaker on my OMC stopped workinyg last night on Atomic 3c, reflashed it but no difference, flashed back to stock orange rom still didnt work, took it back and got it changed as it is only a few days old......seems this could be a problem.

the first OMC i had was faulty, i got it replaced...

this is nothing more than faulty hardware it happens across all smartphones, get it send back while you have warranty left wink.gif

Edited by tillaz

Guest davidclack

A problem with this ROM or the phone model itself?

I don't know, I am a newbie and only had the phone for about 5 days, I used CM7 but bluetooth didnt work, then i put Atomic v3 on and all seemed fine, last night I put 3c on and speaker was working then just stopped. Silent mode not on, all volumes set to max, dial tone still worked through normal ear piece and bluetooth audio worked fine. Reflashed the rom but no different, then reflashed the stock rom, but still no speaker.

Guest davidclack

the first OMC i had was faulty, i got it replaced...

this is nothing more than faulty hardware its happens across all smartphones, get it send back while you have warranty left wink.gif

I took it back and got it replaced today lol :) Just a bit worried that it has happened on three different phones, all with the same fault.

Edited by davidclack

Guest gillestuur

Installed 3.C but it hangs after the green droid comes up. Or do I have to wait longer than 5 minutes? ;)

Flashed 3 times and whiped before install.. what am i doing wrong? Coming from CM7 23-11-12-nightly.

thanks!

Guest Bazabaza

Installed 3.C but it hangs after the green droid comes up. Or do I have to wait longer than 5 minutes? ;)

Flashed 3 times and whiped before install.. what am i doing wrong? Coming from CM7 23-11-12-nightly.

thanks!

Did you do a full wipe as on the first post?

Guest tillaz

thanks!

try >> mounts & storage / format system

Edited by tillaz

Guest gillestuur

try >> mounts & storage / format system

Tried another time, first factory reset + SD card then fill wipe in clockwork (all 3).. still nothing!

Strange since CM9 & CM7 are working fine..

Edited by gillestuur

Thanks v1pEr. So it appears that no wipes are necessary for the TPT-ing. The recommendation is for an empty SD card, so do I have no choice but to remove all my apps, music and photos? Due to the size of my music files, I'm using a 32GB card so this below makes me a bit nervous:

"Note: I recommend using an empty SD card for this, and if it doesn’t work use a different SD card. (Some people reported 2GB or 4GB SD cards have a better compatibility."

"If the TPT won't start, try using a different sdcard. Some just don't like TPTs."

Also, what's the score with the mirror files in the second link? What do you do with them?

Guest davidclack

I have unlocked my replacement OMC and installed CWM but I am a bit worried about the speaker not working again, has anyone else had the same problem?

Guest tillaz

I am still having proximity sensor issues with this, just a black screen after a call unless the person on the other end hangs up :(

Will

calibrate the proximity censer by flashing the zte stuff add-on, then open the dialler and enter *983*0# scroll to the bottom & select censers

& calibrate it

Edited by tillaz

Guest Dukelord

I have unlocked my replacement OMC and installed CWM but I am a bit worried about the speaker not working again, has anyone else had the same problem?

After installing CWM, backup your rom first!!! Dont install superoot user. Now try any rom. I recommend Atomic v3c by tillaz or CyanogenMod Nightlies by tilal6991

Guest dadcore

thanks!

For what it's worth, I've had the exact same experience. Tried several other things with no luck (install from blank SD card, install Bluemonte - OK, then attempt to install Atomic - not OK).

I have clockwork v4.0.1.4 installed btw. Haven't applied any TPTs - if that may be significant.

Guest davidclack

After installing CWM, backup your rom first!!! Dont install superoot user. Now try any rom. I recommend Atomic v3c by tillaz or CyanogenMod Nightlies by tilal6991

I did this on my first OMC, unlocked, installed CWM, backed up phone. Then installed CM7, but bluetooth not working, so I did the partition change and installed Atomic v3, which worked fine. Then installed v3c and speaker stopped working, re-installed, but still the same, went back to stock rom and still no speaker. I returned phone and got it replaced.

I put it down to bad luck, but now 2 other users are reporting loss of speaker too, that is the reason I am a bit worried about doing it again.

Thanks v1pEr. So it appears that no wipes are necessary for the TPT-ing.

TPT erases everything on the phone (except the SD card) so wipes are indeed not necessary

The recommendation is for an empty SD card, so do I have no choice but to remove all my apps, music and photos? Due to the size of my music files, I'm using a 32GB card so this below makes me a bit nervous:

"Note: I recommend using an empty SD card for this, and if it doesn’t work use a different SD card. (Some people reported 2GB or 4GB SD cards have a better compatibility."

I just used the 4GB SD card I was using in the phone without erasing anything and it worked perfectly.

Also, what's the score with the mirror files in the second link? What do you do with them?

That is the "MD5 Checksum" that is written about in the guide. An MD5 checksum can be used to verify that the download or copy was not corrupt. Using the tool of part 10, it reads every bit & byte of the file and calculates a unique fingerprint. The creator of the TPT's has calculated this fingerprint before he uploaded so you can calculate the fingerprint yourself once you have downloaded and copied the file to your SD card. If the fingerprint is the same you can be 100% sure that the file is an identical copy of the file that was uploaded by the creator.

Guest bottler

Do any of the versions support or include the Orange UMA/Signalboost app? Im only using this phone because of the awful Orange coverage here but Im so sick of the bloat that theyve put on it.

Guest razhas

V3.C.....well I am still facing problems with the battery life, the phone was fully charged at 6 am, and now at 4:30 pm, it is 14%. I browse on the internet sometimes and other times it is on standby.

Do we need to install some application to improve the battery life after installing 3C?

V3.C.....well I am still facing problems with the battery life, the phone was fully charged at 6 am, and now at 4:30 pm, it is 14%. I browse on the internet sometimes and other times it is on standby.

Do we need to install some application to improve the battery life after installing 3C?

I hate to nag but I still have battery issues with V3.C too... I'm really careful on what apps I install and none of them update periodically except the calendar & gmail pushes

Guest gillestuur

For what it's worth, I've had the exact same experience. Tried several other things with no luck (install from blank SD card, install Bluemonte - OK, then attempt to install Atomic - not OK).

I have clockwork v4.0.1.4 installed btw. Haven't applied any TPTs - if that may be significant.

Same here. Haven't applied any TPT's. Might that be the deal?