[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest 1immortal

hey guys

does the RTL fix forks for anyone ? i flashed it with the latest 3.C , and i got the green android for ages, its stuck untill i wipe everything and reflash again.

I don't wanna nag or something, but i had issues with the RTL add-on with some previous version, and on another phone.

Tillaz, can you please look into it ?

thanks

the speaker problem that two people have had is nothing to do with this ROM, it could happen when you where using stock or CM7 or CM9 etc...

just look at the proximity censer problem everyone has had straight out of the box...

its nothing more than bad manufacturing & laziness from zte, i also had a faulty OMC way before i even made this rom,

lol its just paranoier, trust me your speaker is safe on this rom biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Yep, for example the display on my first OMC failed within a few hours of buying it, took it back to argos, got a replacement and all fine now, nothing to do with the ROM. I'm also getting good battery life now compared to what I got with my OSF running GSF ROM.

Guest timfimjim

Just a quick message to everyone on V3c - if you're overclocking using No Frills, make sure you pay attention to the Governor and I/O schedule setting - it defaults to Performance and deadline (performance setting means always runs at max clock frequency and will drain battery!)

I use ondemand governor and noop I/O scheduler

Guest Atomix86
Just a quick message to everyone on V3c - if you're overclocking using No Frills, make sure you pay attention to the Governor and I/O schedule setting - it defaults to Performance and deadline (performance setting means always runs at max clock frequency and will drain battery!)

I use ondemand governor and noop I/O scheduler

Well said. I would highly recommend SetCPU to everyone instead, with a low cpu clocked 'screen off' profile.

Guest davidclack

Yep, for example the display on my first OMC failed within a few hours of buying it, took it back to argos, got a replacement and all fine now, nothing to do with the ROM. I'm also getting good battery life now compared to what I got with my OSF running GSF ROM.

I appreciate that there will be manufacturing problems with these phones; I guess my paranoia was caused by the fact that three people including myself reported the problem within a very short space of time, soon after 3c was made available. I can’t see any logical reason why a different rom would stop the speaker working, but hey that’s paranoia for you lol :)

Guest gillestuur

Installed 3.C but it hangs after the green droid comes up. Or do I have to wait longer than 5 minutes? ;)

Flashed 3 times and whiped before install.. what am i doing wrong? Coming from CM7 23-11-12-nightly.

thanks!

Works like a charm!

So: If flashing stucks at the droid, do the following:

Reinstalled clockworkmod and do ALL the whipes:

1. wipe/data factory reset

2. wipe cache partition

3. advanced / wipe dalvik cache

4. mounts & storage / format system

Guest Atomix86

Works like a charm!

So: If flashing stucks at the droid, do the following:

Reinstalled clockworkmod and do ALL the whipes:

1. wipe/data factory reset

2. wipe cache partition

3. advanced / wipe dalvik cache

4. mounts & storage / format system

Step 1 also does what steps 2 and 3 do, so no need for the extra steps.

Guest Throughpoint

First off, I love the ROM, great work tillaz and thanks. Have had a few issues, all resolved except one crucial one:

Whenever I try to download an app from the market, I get the following message - "Error downloading (app name). There is insufficient space on the device."

Anyone had this issue before? I've tried everything, wiping data, wiping dalvik, clearing market data etc. I have a ZTE Skate.

edit- I have plenty of internal and SD memory.

edit - FIXED. Switched to the 200MB TFT.

Edited by Throughpoint

Guest Redstarr1

I'm confused about the Darktremor script that's supposed to be in this ROM. I notice when using Link2SD that apps often don't work. Reinstalling them solves this most of the time. It's just annoying that when I download an app from the market I have to reinstall it first. Sometimes this even happens when I just update an app I already had. Is this because of Darktremor and should I use A2SDGUI instead?

Guest nicksoph

First off, I love the ROM, great work tillaz and thanks. Have had a few issues, all resolved except one crucial one:

Whenever I try to download an app from the market, I get the following message - "Error downloading (app name). There is insufficient space on the device."

Anyone had this issue before? I've tried everything, wiping data, wiping dalvik, clearing market data etc. I have a ZTE Skate.

edit- I have plenty of internal and SD memory.

this seems to have happened here before and as I recollect it was a cache space problem - i think it was resolved by flashing a TPT partition layout

Guest TouchyAndalou

this seems to have happened here before and as I recollect it was a cache space problem - i think it was resolved by flashing a TPT partition layout

Yeah, I was getting it last night on the 150sys/2cache layout. I've changed to the 160/35 one and I think that's resolved it.

However, I've still had several problems with apps force closing once being installed. A reboot seems to fix it, but that has to be done every time you install an app. Guessing it has something to do with the darktremor script or redirecting cache or something?

Guest nicksoph

I'm confused about the Darktremor script that's supposed to be in this ROM. I notice when using Link2SD that apps often don't work. Reinstalling them solves this most of the time. It's just annoying that when I download an app from the market I have to reinstall it first. Sometimes this even happens when I just update an app I already had. Is this because of Darktremor and should I use A2SDGUI instead?

Dont use Link2SD to link files to the SD-EXT partition - With the Dark tremmor script your SD EXT partition is being used to store your programs when you install them - you should not link them - it will cause them to FC.

Dont think it will break those that you move using the standard apps2sd process and on my phone I do in fact move those that show they can be mobved to the FAT partition (ie. without linking). Im not sure if this is the right thing to do?

Guest syst3m68

hey tillaz, getting a few random reboots happening ever five minutes or so on version v3c.

not too much of a problem but kinda annoying, :P

nice work on the ROM by the way. best on OMC on the market!

syst3m68

Guest nicksoph

Yeah, I was getting it last night on the 150sys/2cache layout. I've changed to the 160/35 one and I think that's resolved it.

However, I've still had several problems with apps force closing once being installed. A reboot seems to fix it, but that has to be done every time you install an app. Guessing it has something to do with the darktremor script or redirecting cache or something?

I think I was where you are now, having had problems getting the phone up and right. I took 2 or 3 goes at 3c but it would FC on simple operations, I never troubleshooted it to discover the cause but I went thru a "get it back to base" process where I recreated the SD card partitions wiped the phone put on the TPT, wiped the phone again, repartioned the sd card, got into a place where there was no signal installed 3c, Ran Link2SD, rebooted and since then not had a FC yet, Its been loaded with about 50 apps and other than calibrating the proximity sensor I dont think Ive had anything go wrong. (Black on grey writing on some of the screens is the most I could complain about). It is a great rom and unless you are running some fancy programs, I think those FC's are showing you it ist right yet.

What size did you partition your sd card to? (EXT and Cache).

Have you restored anything with Titanium? System data? Apps?

Guest tillaz

hey tillaz, getting a few random reboots happening ever five minutes or so on version v3c.

syst3m68

this should not be happing, not had one reboot since starting the rom...

try all 4 wipes when installing the next version...

Guest nicksoph

syst3m68

you shouldnt be getting fc's for normal programs - have a look at the reply i just gave to the last message if you wouldnt mind answering the same questions I'll try and help, are you using Link2Sd? to link apps?

Guest syst3m68

you shouldnt be getting fc's for normal programs - have a look at the reply i just gave to the last message if you wouldnt mind answering the same questions I'll try and help, are you using Link2Sd? to link apps?

does the problem with link2sd? if so i will uninstall. :)

and tillaz, all wipes were done :)

Guest tillaz

looking into all problems mentioned...

there will also be a patch to change text to white on the popup boxes BUT.. with the warring that root explorer with have white text on white background..

& i dont know how to fix this.. sorry sad.gif if you dont use root explorer it wont affect you though

Edited by tillaz

Guest nicksoph

does the problem with link2sd? if so i will uninstall. :)

I think the rom is good, better than the phone - so it is more likely to be the hardware or how it is setup that is the most likely issue for most of the problems we are seeing and can be the smallest thing in the setup process that can break it.

I dont think uninstalling Link2SD will solve your problem.

Things I would do;

check no programs have been linked to the sd in Link2sd

check the partion sizes on the phone and sd card

CWM - fix permissions - unlikely but quick to test

rebuild from reinstalling TPT and wipe and fix permissions in CWM again to make sure

Edited by nicksoph

Hi, can someone guide me how to install the zte contact,mms, dialer add on. I unzipped it using android pro and then tried installing the .apk files but it says " Application installation failed".

The .zip is just installed via ClockworkMod (the same method used to install the ROM).

So just reboot into Recovery and choose the .zip file for whichever add-ons you have downloaded and apply them. Should only take a few seconds!

Sam

Guest syst3m68

I think the rom is good, better than the phone - so it is more likely to be the hardware or how it is setup that is the most likely issue for most of the problems we are seeing and can be the smallest thing in the setup process that can break it.

I dont think uninstalling Link2SD will solve your problem.

Things I would do;

check no programs have been linked to the sd in Link2sd

check the partion sizes on the phone and sd card

CWM - fix permissions - unlikely but quick to test

rebuild from reinstalling TPT and wipe and check permissions again to make sure

uninstalled link2SD. partitions are the 200mb system blah blah partitions. everything wiped/reinstalled. :/