[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest Wacky.ddw

I was having a lot of troubles with link2sd etc, now i did a 160mb sys 35mb cache TPT and i made a second 256mb partition in clockworkmod instaid of partition wizard and Its bin working great now for 2 days.

Im very happy this finaly works :D Thanks Tillaz!

Just a quick question about daktremor's a2sd - people might be more familiar with it here. If I understand correctly by mounting /data to sd-ext - this practically means that I am forced to have all of the apps on sd-ext, or is there an option to still keep some of them in real internal?. I don't like the idea of being forced to have everything on SD. I like some most important apps to have in internal to make them work even if the SD card is taken out off the phone (or gets corrupted). Second thing is a peformance issue, especially in case of running many apps at the same time - I have a feeling the performance drop comparing it to built-in memory could be ramarkable. Or?

So briefly my question - is there any way to have some apps in internal when using darktremor's a2sd?

Thanks.

Guest tonybeau

So - can I just install V4 as the instruction link on the first page or do I have to partition the phone first? I have a Monte Carlo on the original ROM which I have unlocked, rooted and installed CWM. If I need to partition the phone which option do I take?

Does nobody know the answer? :(

I've been thinking about something. Atomic makes my phone pretend to the market that it's a HTC to get HD-games. Does this also make my phone get bigger versions of websites in the browser? And thus making my browsing slower? I'm not really much of a gamer (anyway I have a jailbreaked iPod Touch for that), so could I revert this? I often have to make do with an Edge-connection.

Or this is all just in my head and hasn't anything changed...

this has no effect on the web browser, changing the build.prop to say HTC is only to identify the device as having an adreno GPU, as when downloading gameloft games the version your device downloads depends on witch GPU your device points to.

before this mod the phone is not recognised by gameloft as having a adreno GPU, resulting in the wrong files being downloaded

Edited by tillaz

Guest tonybeau

yes you can, remember to do all wipes first though

Thanks Tillaz, ROM is installed. All I have to do now is configure my home screens

After exploring the ROM I appreciate the work you have put in. Sent you another beer!

Edited by tonybeau

Guest dt_matthews

hi tillaz

using v4 of this rom, impressive.

was really just offering any dev assistance. tbh, i dont have android rom dev experience but am a dev so might be able to assist (?!) and am happy / willing to learn if its of interest/use to you

keep up the good work ;)

cheers

Guest unomesmo

One bug: FM Radio volume is not affected by multimedia volumen levels.

Two functions I think will be interesting to see:

1.- kill app with the back key, like in CM7

2.- turn on/off screen with the back key or another, up volumen or so... Not only with on/off key

This rom is very nice!

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.pelletiere.android.headsetcontroller

Thought I'd share this find since Atomic doesn't have a separate audio profile for headsets. Basically with it installed you can have your audio automatically adjusted to 100% or whatever you set it as when you plug in headphones and then go back to default when they're unplugged, so there's less chance of you damaging the phones speaker.

@ tillaz

I did mention the above and a "bug" in a private message to do with v4.

got something for people to test, if your looking to increase battery life or think its bad you could try this kernel

if you test i would like to know the following via PM

1) is battery life better, worse, or the same

2) is music still skipping when rotating

3) do you have root

4) is wifi working

5) @Andrael or other VPNC users, is it working

instructions

download the two files

http://minus.com/mbhJ0ibApU#1

http://minus.com/myOon4RBB#1

flash both .zip files via clockwork recovery one after the other, no wipes, then reboot.

Guest Andrael

got something for people to test, if your looking to increase battery life or think its bad you could try this kernel

3) do you have root

4) is wifi working

instructions

download the two files

flash both .zip files via clockwork recovery one after the other, no wipes, then reboot.

Tillaz, I could not send you a PM.

My andrwers:

3. rooted

4. wifi ok

5. with standard v4 it did not work, with the new patches it's OK! Thanx!!!!

Hali!

Guest JThumar

Trying this now....will update soon

3) do you have root

4) is wifi working

instructions

download the two files

@ tillaz

1) Too soon to tell, but I've noticed I can't use sio or SmartassV2 so at the moment I've set it to noop and ondemand

2) It's more of a stutter than a skip as the music playing is neither ahead or behind where it left off. Fixed now anyway.

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) Not tested but I guess update-dhd.zip is what fixes this

6) The network name patch you sent to me works (Thanks!)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest vdubster

I was running the ICS ROM and thought i'd come back this, so i flashed the v4 ROM and the 2 zip's above. I got an error when turning WiFi on is this because i did everything in one go? as everyone else has WiFi working?

I have just flashed on the ROM and it's running great and battery life in fine, so do i need the 2 zip files?

Thanks

James

Thank-you tillaz you have fixed music skipping.

I put the screen through some hardcore rotations,not 1 single skip,excellent.

Wifi seems good too.

Edited by Guest

Ignore this. I flashed back my backup and reapplied the patches without rebooting and it works perfectly now.

EDIT #1:

I flashed my backup again and didn't apply the patches this time. I've now got SmartassV2 and sio back and I'm also not suffering any skip/stutter problems. Confused but pleased :P

EDIT #2:

I applied the name patch you gave me and that works, but if I apply update-dhd.zip without the kernel (since I want SmartassV2 and sio and no longer suffer from skip/stutter) then WiFi will display "error". Not an issue for me though as I don't use VPNC.

Edited by H3ROS

This new kernel has got smartassv2 I can see it in setcpu.

edit: just downloaded nofrills as I deleted from rom, and the rom is set to sio by default.

Edited by Guest

I just flashed it again to double check and it's only gave me these options.

I/O scheduler:

noop, deadline, cfq, bfq

Governor:

conservative, ondemand, userspace, powersave, performance

Edited by H3ROS

Guest JThumar

Cant see it anywhere !!

This new kernel has got smartassv2 I can see it in setcpu.

edit: just downloaded nofrills as I deleted from rom, and the rom is set to sio by default.

that kernel i posted dose not have smartass or the other modded governors included because its going to be an add-on for better battery life....and in my honest opinion smartassv2 dose not work... so this kernel is optional for things like, bettery battery, VPNC, etc...

but if it is giving better battery life after testing, i would stick with it as smartassv2 has no effect from wot i can see...

the dhd.ko is so wifi works with the kernel, nothing else, they are only separate because i forgot about it and did not realise until the kernal was uploaded, it will be an all in one package when its added to first page smile.gif

if you want to test if smartassv2 works install setCPU set it to smartassv2 and touch the screen and see wot frequency it goes to... if its hitting max clock freq. then to me thats not working... (more like ondemand)

Edited by tillaz

Guest Bazabaza

With V4 seem to have duplicated ring tones/ notification sounds? Can I delete out some of them? I know they probably do not take up a lot of space but....

With V4 seem to have duplicated ring tones/ notification sounds? Can I delete out some of them? I know they probably do not take up a lot of space but....

yes, use root explorer system / media / audio

Guest Bazabaza

yes, use root explorer system / media / audio

Looked here and seems only single versions exist although when you pick them in the settings they are doubled? Is there another set somewhere?