[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

@ danz0l

No-frills has the option. You don't have to apply it every boot and it should stick.

I've only had this result with the new kernel so I can't say if the older one works just as well with the same settings applied.

When profiles and notifications are enabled SetCPU will display the current profile when you pull down the notification bar.

OK thats bizarre as i'm not getting any notifications from SetCPU at all but i know its working as ive got 20.12% at 122880khz and 49.49% at 245760khz. Enable notifications is on.

As regards results with the new kernal compared to the old i'm seeing a far better battery management than before using your settings. My wifi has been on permanently and i've done quite a bit of texting etc, data enabled (on 2g) for when wifi isn't accessible (when i leave home etc) and its gone down 6% since this morning (thats about 5 hours). I've used the phone quite a bit though through the market, gmail and txts so very happy. I'm wondering now should i upgrade to the latest kernal though LOL. Have you found any adverse issues with the new kernal ?

The new kernel fixes the VPNC problem and tillaz says he got better battery with it. However, you will lose governors e.g. SmartassV2, but I suppose that's not a problem when you're getting better battery life and the same performance. You could always do what I did and create a backup in ClockworkMod before applying the patch :)

Did you charge the phone via the mains adapter by the way? I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but I seem to get a better charge from the mains when compared to USB.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Dukelord

The new kernel fixes the VPNC problem and tillaz says he got better battery with it. However, you will lose governors e.g. SmartassV2, but I suppose that's not a problem when you're getting better battery life and the same performance. You could always do what I did and create a backup in ClockworkMod before applying the patch :)

Did you charge the phone via the mains adapter by the way? I'm not sure if I'm imagining it but I seem to get a better charge from the mains when compared to USB.

where is the link to this new kernel?

Guest JThumar

I am confused now.

I have set noop as the io in nofrills. But the setcpu takes over nofrills. Not sure what scheduler it uses.......

@ dibbles

Well keep in mind that it was a minimal usage test so I only looked at emails I received, messages on trillian and sent a few texts.

I think the key is screen brightness and underclocking to 122MHz when the screens off.

@ danz0l

No-frills has the option. You don't have to apply it every boot and it should stick.

I've only had this result with the new kernel so I can't say if the older one works just as well with the same settings applied.

When profiles and notifications are enabled SetCPU will display the current profile when you pull down the notification bar.

You could always do what I did and create a backup in ClockworkMod before applying the patch :)

Yes good idea on a nandroid backup.

No i charge through USB as i've found the opposite. If I charge via the mains charger the battery seems to discharge twice as fast as if I do so through USB.

OK installed the latest kernal etc but like others i'm getting the wifi error on re-enabling so had to revert back to stock V4 kernal, thankfully had already backed up.

I can't seem to get SetCPU to work though ? It still isn't displaying ANY notifications (thought it was because i'd moved it via link2sd so moved it back to internal) and its not activating my profiles. Anyone any ideas ?

Edited by danz0l

Guest creedence

Hello to everyone

My thanks to the ROM.Nice,quick and perfect. One problem is only.

Battery charging, constant off.

10-15 minutes to `stitch by itself after shutdown.

Can you help me,why turn it off?

Freqency: 245-902 Governor:conservative I/O sheduler: deadline

Thank you

Edited by creedence

Guest Wacky.ddw

So whats the flashing order?

Atomic v4 > reboot > flash both zip's > reboot?

Flash both zip's then Atomic v4 > reboot?

Or can i just flash them over my current ROM? (I allready have a backup)

Guest Wacky.ddw

You can apply them over the current Atomic V4.

Ok thanks i did that under about phone the kernel version is "2.6.35.7perf+ztekernel@Zdroid-SMT" is that correct?

A friend also has the same phone, i allready prepaired a nandroid for him with all my accounts/contacts etc removed so i dont have to do all the settings again. But he asked me you say there is a new ROM almost every week, if you update my phone i would like it if i dont have to update it anymore for a few months. He is a bussiness man and he only uses is phone to text/call people and to take a picture sometimes. Ne never plays music/games etc.

1) Would it be wise to update he's phone to the new kernel or is it to soon to tell if there are more bugs in this kernel then the original Atomic kernel?

2) Skype works like it should on cyanogenmod (it plays sound trough the front speaker) is that something kernel related and has anyone tested it on this one? Not that it matters that mutch since there is a modded version that works. Im just curious why it doesnt work on all other ZTE ROMs.

That's correct.

1) I've not noticed any bugs, and since he won't be overclocking or anything then maybe a kernel change would do him good.

2) Skype works as if you're making a call, but I use the modified one with advanced settings to force enable MODE_IN_CALL.

Edited by H3ROS

@ danz0l

You first need to apply skate-kernel.zip and then update-dhd.zip

Yes thats the order i applied, Just tried again though with exactly the same result. Always end up with ERROR under wifi settings.

Maybe reboot and try the dhd file again, as that's the reason it says error. If that doesn't work then maybe tillaz could suggest something.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Wacky.ddw

That's correct.

1) I've not noticed any bugs, and since he won't be overclocking or anything then maybe a kernel change would do him good.

2) Skype works as if you're making a call, but I use the modified one with advanced settings to force enable MODE_IN_CALL.

Ok thanks, im going to flash the kernel to his phone then :) And i will install the modded version for him, since he makes skype calls alot.

Guest wideboyno1

Any updates on the v4 battery mods please? (specifically circle one). Says in first page not to use but not checked this thread all that often so don't know if missed anything.

Cheers,