[OLD THREAD SUPPORT ONLY] [ATOMICMOD]

Guest tillaz

Guest stonefisher

Hello, Just posting to say I love the rom. I got my first android phone at christmass and settled on the atomic 3.E which has worked brilliantly. I get satidfactory battery life, everything runs smoothly except if I install GO weather the menu button dousn't work so have to use another weather app. I am using link2sd to link everything and still have 70mb space left with 85 apps installed.

I have run into too problems however. If i reboot or power off my mobile, wait a few minates and then power it up again it shows the green robot switchs to the word android and stays there for a long time. During this the buttons along the bottem flash and the virate vibrates once then eventually the screen dims and goes off. press power button again to wake screen up and its still on android word on screen. Wait 15min and still on android word.

To make it start up i have to remove the battery, put back in and then power on the mobile and it starts up fine with no problems. Once the phone starts any widgets have to be replaced as they just say loading for all eternity.

Any idea whats causing the boot/shutdown problems?

Is there anything I should not link with link2sd?

I hope you can help.

@ tillaz

May I suggest adding the CM7 messaging application to the addons in the first post? I've used it a lot since it was posted and it's working perfectly. In my opinion it should be included in the next ROM, if there is one, as it's nearly identical to the stock messaging client but contains a few extra useful settings.

Also why not add the theme patch you gave me which fixes the g's being cut off for people using the giffgaff network? Again, please include this in the next ROM if there is one.

Any idea whats causing the boot/shutdown problems?

Is there anything I should not link with link2sd?

I hope you can help.

never link widgets to the sdcard, unlink them and that will solve the widget problem,

as for the rebooting i would update to v4 its the most stable release

@ tillaz

May I suggest adding the CM7 messaging application to the addons in the first post? I've used it a lot since it was posted and it's working perfectly. In my opinion it should be included in the next ROM, if there is one, as it's nearly identical to the stock messaging client but contains a few extra useful settings.

Also why not add the theme patch you gave me which fixes the g's being cut off for people using the giffgaff network? Again, please include this in the next ROM if there is one.

it will all be included in the next release, as soon as i get round to fixing the skipping music problem

Edited by tillaz

Guest Dukelord

Sorry I know this is the wrong thread, but just wanted to let you guys know of an amazing game that runs perfectly well on Atomic v4.

Battleheart v1.2 ARMv6 version

Edited by Dukelord

Guest Dukelord

Sorry I know this is the wrong thread, but just wanted to let you guys know of an amazing game that runs perfectly well on Atomic v4

Battleheart v1.2 armv6 version

Edited by Dukelord

Guest Wacky.ddw

Sorry I know this is the wrong thread, but just wanted to let you guys know of an amazing game that runs perfectly well on Atomic v4.

Piracy is not allowed here, i think its better to remove the link. You could name the .apk so people can google it themselfs or give a link to the market place.

Guest creedence

Hi

Battery charge->15 minutes->turn off the phone. I do not understand. wacko.gif

What could you advise?

You really can not nobody help me? sad.gif

Thanks in advance

Edited by creedence

Guest stonefisher

Well i have been doing some testing of my problem.

Reboot=hang

power off, wait a minate, power on=hang

reboot to recovery, boot phone=hang

reboot to recovery, fix permissions, boot phone=WORKS :)

open rom manager, fix permissions, reboot=dosnt ever finish fixing permissions.

Why would running fix permissions make it boot? I saw it mentioned somewhere in an old thread on another forum about a different booting fault.

Widgets seem to load fine even when linked as long as my mobile is booted without having to remove the battery. I thought widgets could not be moved to sd as the sd card is unmounted when the phone is connected to a computer crashing the widget. according to link2sd's faq the second partition used by link2sd is not unmonted so should the widgets stay happy.

Oddly it seems only some of my widgets got unhappy when my phone hangs. Some are linked and some arnt and some of them manage to recover without my intervention.

Guest stonefisher

Hi

Battery charge->15 minutes->turn off the phone. I do not understand. wacko.gif

What could you advise?

You really can not nobody help me? sad.gif

Thanks in advance

I have seen this problem pop up on other phones when researching my boot problems. I think I read somewhere its a misbehaving app and that it dousnt happen when the phone is in flight mode.

I've installed Toggle2G by using the ResignUpdate. I'm guessing that I now can't simply flash the new skate-kernel as it will have the wrong signature but can anyone tell me how to add the new kernel to the vanilla AtOmic-v4.zip so that I can then resign the whole shebang?

@ ffooky

I wanted to do the same thing but got stuck when it come to the kernel as its not a .img file. I guess the easy method is to wait for a ROM update.

@ tillaz

No skipping here even with the stock media player. Does your own skip?

Guest Wacky.ddw

@ tillaz

Yea maybe it is related to the amount of music/data on the SD, what class the SD is, what the read/write speed is...

I have a class4 16GB sd with 14gb music on it, and it also lags when shake my phone in cyanogenmod7.

Guest tonybeau

@ ffooky

I wanted to do the same thing but got stuck when it come to the kernel as its not a .img file. I guess the easy method is to wait for a ROM update.

@ tillaz

No skipping on mine either using the V4 rom and the latest Battery update

Yea maybe it is related to the amount of music/data on the SD, what class the SD is, what the read/write speed is...

I have a class4 16GB sd with 14gb music on it, and it also lags when shake my phone in cyanogenmod7.

Its not the sd card that is the cause as I have a samsung 16gb class 10 and my music skips. ;)

Lexar 16GB class 10 here. I've got no skips on CM7 or Atomic, even after a full format of the phone and sd card.

I'm using an OMC with 160MB TPT + 32MB cache. I don't use Link2SD or anything similar.

Lexar 16GB class 10 here. I've got no skips on CM7 or Atomic, even after a full format of the phone and sd card.

I'm using an OMC with 160MB TPT + 32MB cache. I don't use Link2SD or anything similar.

When playing music,what happens when you pull down notification bar ?

@ jikobutsu

I've just this minute done a complete wipe (sd card too after a backup) and installed V4 without the new kernel and music is working fine via the default application. No stutter/skipping if I pull the notification bar down or rotate the phone around.

@ ffooky

Boo, waiting. It's a shame that cooking Toggle2G into the ROM was so troublesome but I suppose you can't win 'em all.

Guest tonybeau

With mine I get perhaps a tenth of a second stutter with the notification bar pulled down - I would not have noticed it if someone had not mentioned it. No problems with rotating or shaking.