repartition native gen2

Guest adonwenas

Guest adonwenas

Sorry for this noob question.

can we repartition blade that had native gen2

Especially chinnese version.

i really excited for peoples that had data space more than 170mb.

Thx for your answer... (^(エ)^)

Guest adonwenas

Yes thx, i knew that trick..

But could it be possible to repartition without change ram layout.

Cuz mine is real 256mb...

So several peoples @my country do that trick n got bricked they blade... (╥﹏╥)

Guest unrandomsam

Yes thx, i knew that trick..

But could it be possible to repartition without change ram layout.

Cuz mine is real 256mb...

So several peoples @my country do that trick n got bricked they blade... (╥﹏╥)

You can do it.

Download the V880 tool that burstlam uploaded.

(It has chinese debrick files in it).

you need :

partition.mbn

partition_zte.mbn

appsboot.mbn

(and a suitable recovery image for testing)

copy the recovery image to boot.img and recovery.img

It might be possible to just use the already existing partition_zte.mbn and then hack in those into appsboot.mbn at the bottom.

There is a windows partitioning tool that you can see what changes (So you know what bytes you need to deal with)

Hexworkshop seems ok.

I don't know the full meaning of the different bytes - I think ones a length and one is a start address (Very much like someone to explain it more clearly).

I have managed to hack increasing and decreasing system / userdata. (Should be pretty easy to generate all possible combinations with a bit of C its only changing three bytes I think).

and ztepack (Post by cpg).

I could do it for both. (All combinations).

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Yes you can with this. But those windows FTM thingies are poop and might really brick your phone.

DO NOT just do that, I posted plenty of warnings about Chinese phones there for a good reason.

They are not poop, they are the only way to completely reflash firmware. They are just not idiot-proof.

If you want to repartition it (at your own risk), you can do this.

Download the chinese TPT from here.

Unpack the image.bin into TPT files using this TPT extractor.

Hex edit partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn to create your desired partition layout. It's up to you to research how to do that. DO NOT use versions of these files from any non-Gen2 or non-Chinese firmware.

repack them into an image.bin, and flash it as per the instruction on my de-bricking guide.

I don't recommend you do any of that though, and I have not tested it.

Guest adonwenas

Ok i got it...

So it possible just not tested yet..

Now i knew th point.. just try it @ my own risk..

Thx for answer n the explanation..

Glad to be modaco..

Cheers ☆⌒(*^-゚)v Thanks!!

Guest unrandomsam

How about the gen2 blade with 512ram? Any steps to repartition/resize my data partition?

If you want to do that its easy its a windows flasher file you need to use from hedgepigdaniels guide.

Guest BurgerZ

DO NOT just do that, I posted plenty of warnings about Chinese phones there for a good reason.

They are not poop, they are the only way to completely reflash firmware. They are just not idiot-proof.

If you want to repartition it (at your own risk), you can do this.

Download the chinese TPT from here.

Unpack the image.bin into TPT files using this TPT extractor.

Hex edit partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn to create your desired partition layout. It's up to you to research how to do that. DO NOT use versions of these files from any non-Gen2 or non-Chinese firmware.

repack them into an image.bin, and flash it as per the instruction on my de-bricking guide.

I don't recommend you do any of that though, and I have not tested it.

I've searched about 2 days and found nothing about how to hex edit these two files for alter partition sizes... sad.gif

Guest adonwenas

U can found here:

Dont know this link is work or not cuz im using mobile version.

Its kind of easy just slide it the partition u want...

N it automatically create files partition_zte n appsboot...

Guest Amphoras

Ive tried this tool, but its not for my blade (256 ram). It will brick the phone.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk

The partition_zte.mbns that I've looked at give the name of the partition, a lot of 00s, the start point reversed, two blocks of 00, the size of the partition reversed and some more 00s to the next one. eg. SYSTEM: lots of 0s C30100000005 some more 0s, next partition. That is the system partition starting at 0x1C3 and 0x500 in size (160mb). To get the size convert the number to decimal then divide it by 8. There is a similar section near the end of the appsboot.mbn where you put the same values.

I have no idea if the ones for your version will be the same layout or not. Some partitions might not be able to be changed without doing other stuff as well (wbaw said something about not being able to move the splash partition without changing other settings). As hedgepigdaniel said, its not tested, so if you try it its at your own risk.

Guest BurgerZ

The partition_zte.mbns that I've looked at give the name of the partition, a lot of 00s, the start point reversed, two blocks of 00, the size of the partition reversed and some more 00s to the next one. eg. SYSTEM: lots of 0s C30100000005 some more 0s, next partition. That is the system partition starting at 0x1C3 and 0x500 in size (160mb). To get the size convert the number to decimal then divide it by 8. There is a similar section near the end of the appsboot.mbn where you put the same values.

I have no idea if the ones for your version will be the same layout or not. Some partitions might not be able to be changed without doing other stuff as well (wbaw said something about not being able to move the splash partition without changing other settings). As hedgepigdaniel said, its not tested, so if you try it its at your own risk.

Thanx man, I've found all offsets and partition sizes. Now I just need to fill in my prefered sizes of data and system partitions? Or I need to change offsets too?

Guest Amphoras

Thanx man, I've found all offsets and partition sizes. Now I just need to fill in my prefered sizes of data and system partitions? Or I need to change offsets too?

If you change the length of a partition, you'll need to change the offsets of the ones after it. Remember that if you increase one partition, you need to decrease another, eg. if you add 10mb to data, you'll need to take 10mb off system (or cache). You shouldn't change the offsets for the oem or persist partitions at the end as they should stay in the same place if you've changed the others correctly.

Guest BurgerZ

DONE!!!

Now I have my 256RAM Blade (native gen2, probably v880) repartitioned as:

SYSTEM 160Mb

DATA 222Mb

All other partitions w/o changes.

Thanx again.:rolleyes:

Edited by BurgerZ

Guest hedgepigdaniel

DONE!!!

Now I have my 256RAM Blade (native gen2, probably v880) repartitioned as:

SYSTEM 160Mb

DATA 222Mb

All other partitions w/o changes.

Thanx again.:rolleyes:

well done! care to share the image.bin so others can benefit?

Guest BurgerZ

One small question.

Can I replace system.img & data.img in image.bin with my clockworkmod backuped ones? And TPT in my phone - I'll have my rom with my settings and apps in one step.

@BurgerZ: Nice one!

Anyone care to do the same for a European one? I'd love to do it myself, but.. I've no windows available to extract the .bin and I've absolutely no experience in hex editing. Now that it's tested to work, I'm suspecting it wouldn't be such a big job for someone who's familiar with these things, right?

Guest Amphoras

Anyone care to do the same for a European one? I'd love to do it myself, but.. I've no windows available to extract the .bin and I've absolutely no experience in hex editing. Now that it's tested to work, I'm suspecting it wouldn't be such a big job for someone who's familiar with these things, right?

It should be pretty straightforward. I don't have a Gen 2 blade to test it on, but I can make one and someone can try it if they want.

Guest Amphoras

Ok, made one for European Blades. It should work on stock Gen 2 devices, do not flash it on Chinese Blades. I don't have a stock Gen 2 Blade, so its untested. Use it at your own risk.

It contains a modified partition_zte.mbn and appsboot.mbn to give 2mb cache, 160mb system, 258 mb data. Other files are partition.mbn, appsboothd.mbn, blank system.img and CWM v5 as boot and recovery images. I left out the other files as they shouldn't be needed to just change the partitions, and without them there's less chance of bricking.

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41652192/TPT%20Helper/Gen2-160sys-tpt.zip

MD5sum: d0fc2184abd29a27848bf1a20933abe1

It something goes bad, you should try using the Gen 2 European TPT from hedgepigdaniel's thread. That's what I used as the base to make this one.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

also you can download any of the stock Gen2 windows firmware packages and use fonix232's extractor to make an image.bin out of the files in them. As long as you don't flash Chinese files to a European blade and vice versa that should be safe.

Guest BurgerZ

I don't have Windows too (I use Gentoo linux), but I can use win-stuff with wine just well. And TPT extractor works for me with wine.

BTW, U can use virtual machine with windows installed in it.

I'll use this topic to avoid creating a new one.

I have OSF Gen 1, which I upgraded to Gen 2 with wbaw's TPT method. Now Mr.Pigfish reports it as Gen 2.

What I can't find in the forums is what can I do to repartition it now with v9 layout (160MB system)?

To use again Gen1->Gen2 TPT method (link) or to use windows method (link)?

Thank you in advance :)