TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

ok, so i get it working on t mobile....

its says 3g in the status bar

shows my number in the about

but it says its on HSDPA in the about... when its clearly NOT... speed tests no higher than 40kb should be getting 250kb on HSDPA....

no go for me with out the above would rather put the fiver towards a proper unlock sad.gif

Edited by tillaz

What settings did you use to get it working that much?

I'd like a full solution but if I can live with slow data when away from my home wifi until I get a proper unlock from orange.

Guest dadashi

it sounds like only the t-mobile sims are having problems with x-sims, wha is that..? what's different..?

I'd like to hear what giffgaff and other users have to say....

Guest g-g-gadgets

Hi everyone, I would just like to say I am sorry that people are having problems with the x-sim on the OMC!

I would also like to add that until Sunday I didn’t know the x-sim worked with the OMC I was sent an email from a customer called Joey Scarf, below is what he sent:

Dear g-g-gadgets,

just replying to say that it works with orange monte carlo for unlocking

and i posted on the modaco forum about it to load interested people as no unlock as no unlock system found other than turbo sims, did this a few days ago do many were asking for link which i then posted

http://android.modaco.com/topic/344765-unlocking-the-orange-monte-carlo/page__st__560__gopid__1820449#entry1820449

so you might have seen a big increase in sales by orange monte carlo users, so i would add this phone to the top of your list for which it works

I would also recommend creating a new listing under 'orange monte carlo unlock sim', as new phone and hundreds searching ebay/internet for way to unlock

Joey

- scarfjoey

To: scarfjoey

Subject: Re: Details about the item: scarfjoey sent a message about Mobile Unlocking Super X-Sim Unlock Nokia, Sony, HTC + #260862925690

Sent Date: 06-Oct-11 09:56:14 BST

Dear scarfjoey,

I'm sorry it's not on the support list however it might be possible that the x-sim will work with it, you are welcome to try one at no risk to you, just contact me to let me know if it doesn't work and I will see if I can offer any help in getting it working and if unsucsessful simply return it for a full refund.

Kind Regards,

Darren.<br style="mso-special-character:line-break"> <br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

- g-g-gadgets

To: g-g-gadgets

Subject: Details about the item: scarfjoey sent a message about Mobile Unlocking Super X-Sim Unlock Nokia, Sony, HTC + #260862925690

Sent Date: 05-Oct-11 16:08:55 BST

Dear g-g-gadgets,

will it work on orange monte carlo

joey

- scarfjoey

With that said I has everyone tried programming the x-sim? Here are some links to how to do that:

http://www.simkey.org/Gallery.htm

http://www.simkey.org/programme.htm

For everyone who still have issues please message me through eBay letting me know you want a refund and I will gladly issue one, you don’t even have to return the x-sim

Kind Regards,

Darren.

Guest Blueton

it sounds like only the t-mobile sims are having problems with x-sims, wha is that..? what's different..?

I'd like to hear what giffgaff and other users have to say....

Tried my giff gaff tonight no joy ..tried going through the codes and got stuck at 0167.....it asked for the network unlock code which is our orange code 23433 plus three digits for our phone mode code ??? which I don't know . It said I had 10 attempts to put it in so gave up .

Anyone know what outr three digit code is?

I've been trying to get a giffgaff sim working, as I posted earlier when I got the sim this afternoon it initially seemed to work straight out of the box - the phone found O2 network and showed full signal strength with the roaming icon showing, when I turned data on it lost signal and I can't get it back again, I've tried every code on the instruction sheet and tried changing the network codes following the instructions posted by g-g-gadgets earlier in the thread.

I'll probably spend an hour or so tomorrow lunchtime trying to get it to work (where I live the 3g signal is week but at work its very good) and if I still have no joy i'll have to return it and wait for a proper unlock.mad.gif

Blueton - That sounds like the phones sim unlock box has come up, ie the turbosim hasn't unlocked it, DONT enter anything in that one - it's for the unlock code orange will give you.

I've been through all the codes and half a dozen or so didn't unlock the phone, you have to pull the battery to get rid of the box, the rest unlocked the sim but didn't allow connection to the network.

g-g-gadgets - Great customer service biggrin.gif it's a shame there wasn't a bit more questioning when it was reported your turbosim worked, it will be a shame if you end up losing money on this.

Guest g-g-gadgets

Blueton - That sounds like the phones sim unlock box has come up, ie the turbosim hasn't unlocked it, DONT enter anything in that one - it's for the unlock code orange will give you.

I've been through all the codes and half a dozen or so didn't unlock the phone, you have to pull the battery to get rid of the box, the rest unlocked the sim but didn't allow connection to the network.

g-g-gadgets - Great customer service biggrin.gif it's a shame there wasn't a bit more questioning when it was reported your turbosim worked, it will be a shame if you end up losing money on this.

So far refunded 6 people out of about 62 so I am already losing money and somehow I don't think that will be it, this whole thing is upsetting me, I am not blaiming him but I wish joey scarf never posted my link on here telling everyone that it works and I wish I didn't jump to it and put the OMC on my support list as he sugested I did.

Kind Regards,

Darren.

Guest glossywhite

So far refunded 6 people out of about 62 so I am already losing money and somehow I don't think that will be it, this whole thing is upsetting me, I am not blaiming him but I wish joey scarf never posted my link on here telling everyone that it works and I wish I didn't jump to it and put the OMC on my support list as he sugested I did.

Kind Regards,

Darren.

Apportioning blame will come to no end. This is life, we are human, and we are imperfect and make mistakes. Noone blames you dude :)

Guest g-g-gadgets

Apportioning blame will come to no end. This is life, we are human, and we are imperfect and make mistakes. Noone blames you dude :)

8 refunds now...

Guest Chris Type R

im not up to three pound odd you keep it m8 ill use it one day the x-sim

I feel the same way - it'll stay on my desk for a while as a reminder not to be impetuous.

Guest putbinoot

you have to pull the battery to get rid of the box,

Just press emergency call then hold down power button and click ok, phone does not get time to put call through.

Been trying all day to get this working.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest wrtease

just remmber you could upgrade the soft on it using usb card reader writer with firmware .saw this on youtube the turbo sim getting upgaded.so have a look at this

this is the link. not all is lost if you dare try it.

Guest Chris Type R

WELL... i will defiantly NOT be sending it back as i now have normal data speeds lol biggrin.gif

all working fine smile.gif

Are you showing as being in Roaming Mode ?

Have you tested messages and calls in and outbound ?

How did you do it :D ?

Are you showing as being in Roaming Mode ?

Have you tested messages and calls in and outbound ?

How did you do it :D ?

first time round i woz using a brand new t mobile sim.... showed as having no signal

second time round i used my original sim witch has been cut in to a micro sim from my old iphone....

all i did woz put the turbo sim in the slot first then slide in my micro sim to match the connectors & it worked.

after i tried all the programing codes i just set it back to 0032.

only thing is the status bar thinks its on 3g, yet the ABOUT says HSDPA and data speeds are of HSDPA

[THE ABOVE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE 2.3.5 ROM , & WILL BE FIXING IT SOON]

20111012234002.png20111012234056.png

unledjqf.png

Edited by tillaz

Guest dadashi

Well done Tilaz for getting it working....so it seems to be inserting the X-sim and sim properly to get a good contact...

HSDPA is still a good speed....you probably only have 300MB a month before the speed drops to GPRS, so thatll help get through to the end of the month...

I dont understand, you had HSDPA speeds but in the second picture you have 4G...?....you mean you still have HSDPA speed but changed the 3G icon to 4G...?

Edited by dadashi

Guest Chris Type R

I dont understand, you had HSDPA speeds but in the second picture you have 4G...?....you mean you still have HSDPA speed but changed the 3G icon to 4G...?

Also, the roaming icon has disappeared. Is "Roaming" gone from phone info as well ?

Guest whatcolour

tillaz are you getting incoming and out going calls and texts.

I am having exactly the same problem that one of the above posts had, i.e., signal when first plugged in, lost when switching on data and after reboots nothing worked since (no signal what-so-ever).

tillaz, care to share a bit on what exactly you did to make it work? I have tried what you mentioned in a previous post but still no luck.

I am thinking whether this is a network related thing, is anyone using Three find the unlock sim working?

Tillaz whats your settings for t-mobile internet after messing about a while i now have a signal and can make and recieve calls but no internet.

Update sod it lost everything again thats it for me these sims don't work if you managed to get one to your very lucky,I'm waiting for a real unlock from now on.

Edited by den169