TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Bit of an update (and some background);

Sim I'm trying to get to work is GiffGaff

At home my signal is not great - On my old OSF it normally showed 2 bars but occasionally dropped to none depending where in the house I was and although the phone showed 3g it was very very slow if not on the wifi. Orange isn't much better.

With the turbosim the phone initially found the network, showed half strength signal with the roaming indicator but data was turned off, when I turned data back on it lost signal and would not reconnect. I tried every 4 digit option on the sheet supplied with the sim and followed the instructions earlier in the thread to change mmc and mn settings with no joy. I even flashed the blue monte rom incase the stock rom was somehow limited.

I've bought the phone into work, where I got full signal and fast 3g connection on my OSF, and the phone now connects to the network and makes calls and sends texts but won't recieve either calls or texts and has no data connection. looking at the APN list it is blank and any that are manually added don't appear (I think this is probably because there is no data connection. I've tried reseating the turbosim but that doesn;t seem to make a difference.

I wonder if Tillaz is having success because he's on T Mobile, who have an association with Orange? - At home using the orange sim my network shows as Orange -T mobile

Unless anyone else can get a data connection on a different network I'm going to admit defeat and try a nice friendly email to orange and see if I can get an unlock sooner than the 3 months.- I had contracts with them pretty much since they launched in the uk until 3 years ago when I moved to an area with no orange signal at all.

Guest Joey Scarf

So far refunded 6 people out of about 62 so I am already losing money and somehow I don't think that will be it, this whole thing is upsetting me, I am not blaiming him but I wish joey scarf never posted my link on here telling everyone that it works and I wish I didn't jump to it and put the OMC on my support list as he sugested I did.

Kind Regards,

Darren.

well i working for me, so i don't understand the problem

Guest glossywhite

I think we're all being way too impatient. If more effort was spent trying to find people to help us crack the algo (costs nothing to ask people) and less time and money wasted on unreliable sources of unknown brand X-SIMs, we'd get a proper solution a LOT sooner.

Instead of us collectively wasting time and dough on a futile tail-chasing excercise, let's focus our efforts on unlocking; properly. Seriously, yeah it's a pain to only be able to use the phone, for now, on Orange... but patience earns great rewards, and persisting is only going to wind you up, and then people become irrational and arguments could arise.

Let's unlock this thing, once and for all! :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Joey Scarf

I think we're all being way too impatient. If more effort was spent trying to find people to help us crack the algo (costs nothing to ask people) and less time and money wasted on unreliable sources of unknown brand X-SIMs, we'd get a proper solution a LOT sooner.

Instead of us collectively wasting time and dough on a futile tail-chasing excercise, let's focus our efforts on unlocking; properly. Seriously, yeah it's a pain to only be able to use the phone, for now, on Orange... but patience earns great rewards, and persisting is only going to wind you up, and then people become irrational and arguments could arise.

Let's unlock this thing, once and for all! :)

what help is needed unless you have a unlock code

Guest glossywhite

what help is needed unless you have a unlock code

We need to spread the word to other technically minded people on the forum (there's LOTS) that this thing needs unlocking. It's as if noone's bothering, which I find quite a shame.

on chat with Deal Extreme about my X-Sim that was apparently dispatched on the 30th Sep when they said 7-10 working days..... :blink:

So, I was expecting it before tomorrow (Friday) and now have to wait until the 28th :( Won't be ordering from them again then

320606_10150341903301494_659761493_8414915_1760065003_n.jpg

Joey, i may have missed this earlier in the thread but what network are you on?

Thinking about it I'm reasonably sure that this turbosim could be made to work for all networks but finding the codes will be tricky, I'm reasonably technical but I've not been able to find any information on what the various codes you can program these things with do, the website for them is a bit sparse and there are a lot of codes and combinations to try if doing it by trial and error.

Glossywhite, your enthusiasm for a proper unlock is clear but I think your getting a bit too impatient :rolleyes: the great reward for your patience of staying on orange is that in 3 months you can have a proper unlock :D

Guest Chris Type R
I wonder if Tillaz is having success because he's on T Mobile, who have an association with Orange? - At home using the orange sim my network shows as Orange -T mobile

This sounds plausible.

Well done Tilaz for getting it working....so it seems to be inserting the X-sim and sim properly to get a good contact...

YEP, if you have a look at the gold contacts on your sim & those on the turbo sim they don't line up properly (at least for me they don't)

HSDPA is still a good speed....you probably only have 300MB a month before the speed drops to GPRS, so thatll help get through to the end of the month...

i get unlimited internet only drops to GPRS speeds after about 2GB & that's only inbetween 4pm & 12 midnight anything out side them times is full speed again,problem woz just bad signal & the 2.3.5 rom begin a bit messes up lol, really cant beat t mobiles internet plans, fiver a month no contract.smile.gif

also the second pictures were running the 2.3.4 rom .

Joey, i may have missed this earlier in the thread but what network are you on?

Thinking about it I'm reasonably sure that this turbosim could be made to work for all networks but finding the codes will be tricky, I'm reasonably technical but I've not been able to find any information on what the various codes you can program these things with do, the website for them is a bit sparse and there are a lot of codes and combinations to try if doing it by trial and error.

Glossywhite, your enthusiasm for a proper unlock is clear but I think your getting a bit too impatient :rolleyes: the great reward for your patience of staying on orange is that in 3 months you can have a proper unlock :D

i never messed with the network code stuff... just the programming codes in the instructions witch basically made no difference because i set it back to wot they ship with 0032.

i think they will work on all networks......

MAIN THINGS TO CHECK

do the gold contacts on your sim look like they line up correcty with the turbo sim ???

(after lining up a micro sim it worked fine for me, BUT before with normal sim it did NOT)

(if you look the gold chip on your sim is split in to parts each part has a different job)

IF YOU DO HAVE SIGNAL & REGISTERED TO THE NETWORK JUST NO 3G / DATA

it is most likely your APN settings

hope this can help some of you's have trouble....

EDIT: infact i have a THREE UK, TESSCO MOBLE, & GIFFGAFF sim so i will see if i can also get them working, if i do will share the details and some pics...biggrin.gif

Edited by tillaz

i think they will work on all networks......

This I'm not so sure about, I think the turbosim is mucking up the passing of the mobile network codes. if I go into new apn with the turbosim in it shows 001 and 01 in the MCC and MNC(which are the values for a test network according to the wiki link posted earlier) fields whereas in every other phone and every different network sim ive used they are automatically populated with the correct values for whatever sim is inserted.

If we can find out how to change the values the turbosim reports to the phone this may make it work.

I'm sure that t mobile is working because of their association with orange.

Guest MoreLazers

Got mine working with the giffgaff sim, programmed the turbosim with 0096 and I can make/receive calls/texts at the usual prices. The only thing I don't seem to be able to get to work is mobile internet, the APN list is showing up blank.

I used the giffgaff APN app and an app called APNManager to enable the giffgaff APN settings, but still no joy. Maybe it's a problem with the rom, I'm currently using the cyanogenmod nightly, which states to have mobile data working, I might try a different rom if I can be bothered tonight after all this messing about and my uni work haha.

Tom.

I'm sure that t mobile is working because of their association with orange.

nothing to do with the above as i now have tesco mobile fully working... smile.gif

having problems with giffgaff tho

will post pics soon

Guest dadashi

Got mine working with the giffgaff sim, programmed the turbosim with 0096 and I can make/receive calls/texts at the usual prices. The only thing I don't seem to be able to get to work is mobile internet, the APN list is showing up blank.

I used the giffgaff APN app and an app called APNManager to enable the giffgaff APN settings, but still no joy. Maybe it's a problem with the rom, I'm currently using the cyanogenmod nightly, which states to have mobile data working, I might try a different rom if I can be bothered tonight after all this messing about and my uni work haha.

Tom.

if youre using the 10.09 cyanogen, its full of bugs...Id try the 2.3.4 BlueMonte V1.6...at least to test your x-sim for data connection, dont forget to allow roaming....2.3.4 V1.6 is the most stabile so far, apparently better than the 2.3.5 which has some bugs...

If tesco works so should giffgaff, they both use O2, are you saying you can use tesco sim and get full calls and texts and 3g without roaming indicated? if so what code are you using for the sim and what are the network codes displayed in the phone when you enter a new apn?

morelazers - sounds like your a little further on than me if your calls work both ways smile.gif but theres definitely a problem with the apn list being empty, if you try to enter a new apn what are the values displayed in the MCC MNC fields? I'm guessing they are 001 and 01.

BTW tillaz, the contacts all line up fine between my sim and the turbo sim but signal strength is definitely reduced when using it, I'm back home now and I can't get a signal at all using the giffgaff sim but putting it in 3 other phones all give between half and 3/4 signal strength, on my way into work this morning I got one bar of signal at about the point when signal strength improves to a full signal and even sat at my desk where I normally get really good signal and 3g speeds it was fluctuating between 3/4 and full. Whats your signal strength like?

If Darren is still looking at this thread have you any more information on programming these beasts other than whats on the super-xsim website? I'd really like to know what the various mode codes actually do to the sim/phone.

Regarding GiffGaff...when I type in my details on their webiste and press the 'Order my sim now', I get no message...has it gone through? Haven't even got an e-mail from them for confirmation.

If tesco works so should giffgaff, they both use O2, are you saying you can use tesco sim and get full calls and texts and 3g without roaming indicated? if so what code are you using for the sim and what are the network codes displayed in the phone when you enter a new apn?

i have no idea why the giffgaff sim is not working, o2 sim also not working (no network name or signal)

i set the code back to 0032 after trying them all... so this should make no difference as they ship with that code.

as for tesco APN i just used this:

NAME: tesco

APN: prepay.tesco-mobile.com

SAVE

posting pics now...

Edited by tillaz

Guest unrandomsam

So far refunded 6 people out of about 62 so I am already losing money and somehow I don't think that will be it, this whole thing is upsetting me, I am not blaiming him but I wish joey scarf never posted my link on here telling everyone that it works and I wish I didn't jump to it and put the OMC on my support list as he sugested I did.

Kind Regards,

Darren.

Your sums don't add up and you are using a really strange logic.

Given that you put the price up by £2

even if you didn't ask for the items back of those 6.

You still have far more profit than you would have selling them at the pre announcement market rate.

(For you even to be back where you were prior this a lot more would have to be returned).

Don't understand why you are complaining given you are better off than you would have been without this happening.

Guest MoreLazers

Hmm, seems I've broken it again. I changed to bluemonte, and had signal for about 10 seconds.

So I changed back and now instead of on O2 - UK giffgaff like earlier, I'm now on just giffgaff and I have no service. Anyone know a way that might fix this I really need my phone haha.

only sims with some kind of credit on them work for me... guessing thats why the new t mobile sim says no signal & the old one works fine...

o2 sim, old with no credit = no signal

giffgaff, old & never used before & no credit = no signal

t mobile, new unused no credit = no signal

tesco mobile & t mobile with credit = both working fine smile.gif

Edited by tillaz