[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This ROM is based on official ZTE Libra Gingerbread ZTE-BLADEV1.0.0B01 Android 2.3.5 (built Fri Aug 26 05:41:18 HKT 2011).

post-834050-0-19041100-1326531067_thumb. post-834050-0-10077900-1326540414_thumb.

post-834050-0-39755400-1326530989_thumb. post-834050-0-49117800-1326531021_thumb.

post-834050-0-20984900-1326531081_thumb. post-834050-0-44979300-1326532152_thumb.

This ROM will detect whether your phone is gen1 or gen2 and will automatically install correct version. If you have updated your phone to gen3 (you should know), you have to install patcher after you've installed the ROM (see add-on section below). Wipe data/factory reset before installing. No wipe, no whine.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9.zip

deprecated, use Swedish Snow

MD5:049B8B7D3905B2AE376C78CF802D8F59

Features:

-gen1/gen2/gen3 support

-rooted

-updated Superuser and su binary

-updated busybox

-unsecured boot.img

-added etc/init.d support

-added Darktremor A2SD

-deodeoxed

-replaced libs

-saunalahti RILs

-trimmed plenty of useless stuff

-apks resigned, compressed, optimized and zipaligned

-added fully customisable CM7 look-a-like scrollable notification power widget with 9 toggles (thanks to lidroid)

*wifi, mobile data, GPS, bluetooth, sync, auto-rotate, flight mode, brightness and sound/vibrate

-added reboot and recovery options to power menu

-added screenshot to power menu (thanks to Ceco for porting it to skate)

-MIUI style battery bar (thanks to Pvy)

-ROM settings embedded into settings menu

-added gingerbread green circle battery mod

-CRT screen off animation

-transparent notification area

-changed default wallpaper

-silenced low battery sound

-updated Google apps

-added Terminal Emulator

-added No-frills CPU Control

-added AppWidgetPicker

-added FlashLight

-replaced FM-Radio (thanks to andorko)

-added USB Charging Commander (thanks to t0mm13b)

-added adfree hosts file - almost no ads (please support app developers by buying their apps instead)

-HSPA differentation

-cache2tmpfs

-CM7 dialer with T9, contacts & messaging

-CM7 gallery & music

-CM7 DSP Manager

-CM7 keyboard

-replaced launcher

-much more...

Vanilla version:

Same as above, except:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no miui battery bar

-no extra settings embedded into settings menu

-no power menu reboot options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

-zte alarm instead of deskclock (displays next alarm in lockscreen)

-ZTE Emode Helper (thanks to FelixL)

Please don't ask for add-ons to add this or that combination of the above features, I'm not going to make any.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9-Vanilla.zip

MD5:6C671E7C193D216E138926318DB55EC3

All-in-one TPT installation:

This will only work in phones that were sold with gen1 layout or updated to gen2 via TPT method. This won't work if your phone was sold gen2 or you have used windows tool to update.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9-TPT.zip

MD5:85D60535C68F82A99754D1B3D2E75162

-updates gen1->gen2

-repartitions system (138mb /system, 315mb /data, 2mb /cache, 0,1mb /oem)

-installs Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9

-installs ClockWorkMod Recovery 4.0.1.5

-installs classic green android splash screen

-amss.mbn from latest ZTE update 4G4G_GENERIC_P729V1.0.0B25

TPT instructions:

-Unpack Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9-TPT.zip to your phones sdcard, so that you have 'image' folder on the root of your sdcard (inside this folder there are many .mbn and .img files).

-Install AFV (Android File Verifier) from market

-Use AFV to check that MD5 matches. Use 'verify nandroid backup' option to check /sdcard/image/nandroid.md5.

-Power off, pull battery out, put battery back in

-Press and hold VOLUME UP and MENU keys while you power on

-You should see green text on your screen. Installation is in progress and you can let go of the keys

-It takes about a minute after which your phone will boot into Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (first boot can take several minutes)

After completed installation, delete/move/rename 'image' folder so that you don't restart TPT by accident.

Known bugs:

-Some users might have to calibrate their proximity sensor. Go to Settings -> ROM settings -> Proximity sersor calibration -> calib. If you have vanilla version installed, use ZTE Emode helper -> Sensor test, to calibrate. If you have ZTE dialer add-on installed, you can also start engineering mode sensor calibration by dialing *983*0#.

Add-ons:

-M-MHMP-RLS9-ZTE-Dialer.zip (ZTE Smartdialer, contacts and messaging - requires full wipe)

MD5:0CD67967C588D5766285992C8B9BD45F

-M-MHMP-RLS9-GEN3.zip (converts this ROM to work on your gen3 device)

https://hotfile.com/dl/221557363/c806f20/M-MHMP-RLS5-GEN3.zip.html

MD5:9E9474BF7222D4619034E88CA2F6C5BA

-Toggle2G (see post #394 for download and installation instructions)

Battery Mods:

-M-MHMP-RLS9-CenterClock-NoBattery.zip (center clock, removes battery icon, rearranges statusbar icons - looks nice with the MIUI battery bar)

MD5:FB9FF7CC93163191111C0A574ACB8ADF

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Stock-Battery-Icon.zip (stock gingerbread battery icon, keeps notification power widget and power menu options)

MD5:7F8C35C046AB2AC24567FF1D33AD859C

Optional kernels:

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Undervolt-Kernel-Gen2.zip (thanks to wbaw and burstlam, source)

MD5:30082A193E6483C5473D58385E83EC90

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Swedish-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (latest stock kernel with wifi driver)

MD5:CEC036E5DE02EB408EBE18757B81FD82

-M-MHMP-RLS9-Malaysian-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (stock kernel with wifi driver)

MD5:B442394AD8864EAD01F240345B99CCA9

Kernel info:

Kernel is built from burstlam's source code with few patches from Tom G's source. I have written none of the actual code, so I can't be bothered to set up my own github. Complete source code to build kernel used in this ROM is made available to download here.

Kernel features:

-overclock support

-EXT4, TUN, CIFS, etc...

-governors: minmax, InteractiveX, lagfree, SmartassV2, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance

-I/O schedulers: noop, deadline, vr, bfq, cfq, sio

-much more...

Credits & gratitude:

Thanks to burstlam for his work with the kernel source.

Thanks to Tom G for the LED notification and proximity values fix.

Thanks to wbaw. I've used some parts of ginger stir fry (few libs, few apks and few other things). Also thanks for the TPT method.

Thanks to CyanogenMod Team.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

when u say full wipe...its like am on a rom rite now and i full wipe that then i install this dialer and then i install the rom???? or ??

You install the ROM first and add-on after that. You need to wipe when changing dialer.

Since you're starting with fresh install, wipe data/factory reset -> install ROM -> install ZTE Dialer -> boot.

You install the ROM first and add-on after that. You need to wipe when changing dialer.

Since you're starting with fresh install, wipe data/factory reset -> install ROM -> install ZTE Dialer -> boot.

ohk :) i missed one step in that last time.. install rom>> boot>>wipe just cache>>install zte dialer>>boot :P had a completely unusable fone :P

Guest KATALYST

install any application - reason reboot.

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS1.zip

Full wipe, dalvik, format.

Edited by KATALYST

Guest leetron1

Thanks much...seems very smooth...only real issue so far is that proximity needs calibrating I guess since screen remains on during call?

EDIT: Just made call..screen went off & needed to pull battery to restart...

Also noticed strange script anomalies in dialogue boxes

Edited by leetron1

Guest KonstaT

Thanks much...seems very smooth...only real issue so far is that proximity needs calibrating I guess since screen remains on during call?

EDIT: Just made call..screen went off & needed to pull battery to restart...

Also noticed strange script anomalies in dialogue boxes

Some users might have to calibrate their proximity. Proximity sensor is calibrated on the first boot, so don't cover it while first boot. You can recalibrate proximity by running command 'ztesensortest -c' in terminal. If that doesn't help, you might have to flash ZTE dialer add-on and run emode sensor calibration by dialing *983*0#.

What kind of script anomalies?

Guest PhenomHTX

when im trying to install Antutu benchmark,root explorer, total commander, SD Speed or some HD games like Backstab ... phone freeze and auto-restar

im using Blade Gen1 > Gen2 TPT + Recovery 5.0.2.0

Edited by PhenomHTX

Guest KonstaT

when im trying to install Antutu benchmark,root explorer, total commander, SD Speed or some HD games like Backstab ... phone freeze and auto-restar

im using Blade Gen1 > Gen2 TPT + Recovery 5.0.2.0

Yeah, it's something related to the a2sd script. I got it reproduced using sdcard that doesn't have ext partition. Everything works fine if you have ext partition on your sdcard, that's why I didn't notice.

If you don't have ext partition on your sdcard, all you have to do is reboot your phone once manually before you install any apps. After that apps are installed to where they should. This will be fixed in next release.

Guest FezzFest

Does this work on GEN1 devices? It should with burstlam's kernel, but I think I'll make a nandroid to make sure wink.gif I've downgraded to GEN1 to be able to restore the stock ROM within 2-3 days but I can't quit flashing new ROMs laugh.gif

Edited by FezzFest

Guest KonstaT

Does this work on GEN1 devices? It should with burstlam's kernel, but I think I'll make a nandroid to make sure wink.gif I've downgraded to GEN1 to be able to restore the stock ROM within 2-3 days but I can't quit flashing new ROMs laugh.gif

No, this doesn't work with gen1. As the topic title says, it's for gen2 devices only.

Guest primus33

Works fine on my blade ex-GEN1 TFT (i use TPT Flash for GEN2). My partition scheme is custom TPT v9 by Wbaw (160Mo sys, 294Mo data, etc..) and i create a 512Mo EXT3 partition & 128Mo Swap on my SD-Card for apps2ext. After reboot my apps go on this EXT3 partition :). I got just a problem with proximity sensor calibration, resolved by ZTE Dialer & code.

PS: The ZTE Dialer can record 2-Way Call ;), press the button "menu", when you receive or pass a call. You can discover a option "record"( or the name in your langage => "Enregistrement" in my case in french). The audio format is AMR and the record is stocked on root of sdcard with hour and date, and the quality is pretty good.

PS2: If you want, i ready to test modification for the a2sd script. Because i read earler on this thread you can't test it without an EXT part on your SD-Card.

Thanks again KonstaT, for you work.

EDIT: Typo ...

Edited by primus33

Guest Yrmiƶ

Pretty good in my case like than GSF and a little better than Cyanogen 7 (7.1.0 stable).

Nice to hear. I was suprised new CM7 battery life. It goes hand to hand with GSF after messing litle cpu settings and changing default governor profile to ondemand.

Edited by Yrmiƶ

Guest CrystalLettuce

Cannot download any apps from the market, even via PC. Phone resets whenever the download finishes. This is one of the crazier bugs I've seen trying out ROMs.

Guest PhenomHTX

Cannot download any apps from the market, even via PC. Phone resets whenever the download finishes. This is one of the crazier bugs I've seen trying out ROMs.

did you read my post ? it's same problem, and dev. write answer so read it.

Guest Cyclothunder

Nice to hear. I was suprised new CM7 battery life. It goes hand to hand with GSF after messing litle cpu settings and changing default governor profile to ondemand.

Besides the governor profile what cpu settings did you change?