[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest the_fox
Some process was probably using the phone as CPU freq has stayed in the max 604mhz for over four hours (38% of time). Just give it couple of days and check back if you still get similar results.

Damn, silly me, you can slap me across the head for noticing it so late. CPU Spy (my last pic) indicates it very nicely: no deep sleep :s

So, I think I found the culprit but I'm not sure, I'll have to do a bit more testing. It was indeed an app, Yahoo! Mail app was polling data almost constantly, thus preventing deep sleep, thus keeping the system alive and making it a power hog. It was a bitch to diagnose since almost every app showed the android system & phone idle as the top battery consumers (wich was the symptom of no deep sleep, not the cause).

If anyone else finds themselves in the same situation: I used PowerTutor (free app in the market) and filtered on 3g usage only, this clearly showed me Yahoo! Mail was the culprit. I've been up for half an hour now, deinstalled the app and it is deep sleeping again but I'll keep you posted when I'm sure.

Guest neilleeds

Hi,

The feedback on this ROM looks very positive. Well done to the dev. Does this include a fix for the wi-fi issues (dropping when screen off, failing to reconnect) the blade had originally?

Thanks

Guest Per Åkesson

Hi,

The feedback on this ROM looks very positive. Well done to the dev. Does this include a fix for the wi-fi issues (dropping when screen off, failing to reconnect) the blade had originally?

Thanks

Yes. I have not seen that issue since the 2.2 ROMs. I think it's solved in all current 2.3 ROMs. Wfi reconnects almost instantly at wakeup. :rolleyes:

Guest KonstaT

This ROM has Adfree hosts file included but not the Adfree app? Is there a reason why the app isn't included?

All that Adfree app does is it download hosts file from the web and replaces the one in your system. Since that is already done, no reason for the app itself. You can still download the app from the market if you want to update your hosts file for some reason.

Hi,

Thanks

Yes, wifi should be fixed for those parts in the new .35 kernel. It's actually fixed in all ROMs using the new kernel, so I can't take credit for that. :P

If you set your wifi sleep policy to 'when screen off', it disconnects 15 minutes after your screen is turned off. If you set your wifi sleep policy to 'never', it doesn't disconnect at all. Wifi should also reconnect now properly. It still a bit slow sometimes, but I think it never fails to connect. You don't need to use 'wifi fix' apps any more.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest neilleeds

All that Adfree app does is it download hosts file from the web and replaces the one in your system. Since that is already done, no reason for the app itself. You can still download the app from the market if you want to update your hosts file for some reason.

Yes, wifi should be fixed for those parts in the new .35 kernel. It's actually fixed in all ROMs using the new kernel, so I can't take credit for that. :P

If you set your wifi sleep policy to 'when screen off', it disconnects 15 minutes after your screen is turned off. If you set your wifi sleep policy to 'never', it doesn't disconnect at all. Wifi should also reconnect now properly. It still a bit slow sometimes, but I think it never fails to connect. You don't need to use 'wifi fix' apps any more.

Thanks, I thought it was a kernel fix but wasn't sure if it was included.

Edited by neilleeds

Guest jcsanfrancisco

Hi,

Flashed this rom to mine and a friends , both using TPT changing to GEN2 yet my proximity sensor will not work, it says stop and fail when ever I try to calibrate it :( the other phones sensor works fine on my friends.

I no its not my phone as i`ve flashed other roms and they work fine with the proximty sensor. Anybody any ideas because this rom other than that is brilliant.

Thanks

Edited by jcsanfrancisco

Guest CodeWarrior
my proximity sensor will not work, it says stop and fail when ever I try to calibrate it :( the other phones sensor works fine on my friends.

In Terminal Emulator type in 'ztesensortest -c' and see if that fixes it (it worked for me).

Guest CodeWarrior

Ok I thought as much. I think it's probably better to install the app so you can update the host file when new versions become available.

Guest jcsanfrancisco

In Terminal Emulator type in 'ztesensortest -c' and see if that fixes it (it worked for me).

Thanks for the quick reply, tried what you said but still no joy :mellow: tried a full wipe and reinstall and when you go to calibrate it it says x:no Fail then after calibration it says x:stop Fail, real shame because i`m pleased with this rom and as the friend works in the same office and his proximty sensor works ... annoying.

Edited by jcsanfrancisco

Thanks for the quick reply, tried what you said but still no joy :mellow: tried a full wipe and reinstall and when you go to calibrate it it says x:no Fail then after calibration it says x:stop Fail, real shame because i`m pleased with this rom and as the friend works in the same office and his proximty sensor works ... annoying.

Can you confirm you're doing the full calibration procedure (pressing calibrate, moving phone to face, then away again)?

Guest jcsanfrancisco

Can you confirm you're doing the full calibration procedure (pressing calibrate, moving phone to face, then away again)?

yep certainly am, noticed that on initial boot it says x:no Fail then after calibration it changes to x:stop Fail. :(

Hey KonstaT,

I am a little confused: I've taken a look at few gen1/2 conversion tpt's floating around and noticed something odd:

cache: 2 sys: 160 data: 294 oem: 0.1 total: 456,1 - by Wbaw

cache: 2 sys: 138 data: 315 oem: 0.1 total: 455,1 - by KonstaT

cache: 2 sys: 128 data: 311 oem: 0.1 total: 441,1 - by Amphoras

Does this mean that your tpt allocates the biggest amount of space for /data out of three, all the while having enough space for any rom that takes no more than 128mb of space? If that is the case, is there any reason why the total amount differs, especially in Amphoras case? And lastly, as far as I can remember, Wbaw's tpt comes with CWM5 and yours with CWM4 - any particular reason for using the older one?

Hi all!

Just changed from CM7 after a long period of use (updating regularly to thee latest nightly's). Almost 100% improvement in battery time with this rom!

However I do get the occasional reboot. Clean install no previous data, titanium backup but only app no data. Will post a log next time it happens. Any previous info on mysterious reboots?

/Zasten

Guest Per Åkesson

Hi all!

Just changed from CM7 after a long period of use (updating regularly to thee latest nightly's). Almost 100% improvement in battery time with this rom!

However I do get the occasional reboot. Clean install no previous data, titanium backup but only app no data. Will post a log next time it happens. Any previous info on mysterious reboots?

/Zasten

Same here. I've used Blade for a year, with Stock 2.1, Jap. Jellyfish, Swedish Spring, GSF, Elite Blade, CM 7.1. Overclocked to ca 700 mHz and never a single unexpected reboot. Now I have used Moldovan for a week. Four times already there have been reboots when our daughter plays two different puzzle games (Hello Kitty and Peg Puzzle). Strange. I reduce overclock to ca 650 and see what happens.

Guest KonstaT

Proximity should work for most people without calibration. Some users might have to calibrate their sensors. Then there is still some who can't get their proximity to work. There have been some reports before, but I think they've all been some how mysteriously sorted with full wipe/re-install.

When/where did you buy your blade? There are plenty of blades with different hardware setups, so some preset calibration values don't work for everyone. You can find lot of useful information in the CM7 thread when you search for proximity. It's the same issue and it won't be totally sorted until ZTE releases proper source code.

Hey KonstaT,

I am a little confused: I've taken a look at few gen1/2 conversion tpt's floating around and noticed something odd:

cache: 2 sys: 160 data: 294 oem: 0.1 total: 456,1 - by Wbaw

cache: 2 sys: 138 data: 315 oem: 0.1 total: 455,1 - by KonstaT

cache: 2 sys: 128 data: 311 oem: 0.1 total: 441,1 - by Amphoras

Does this mean that your tpt allocates the biggest amount of space for /data out of three, all the while having enough space for any rom that takes no more than 128mb of space? If that is the case, is there any reason why the total amount differs, especially in Amphoras case? And lastly, as far as I can remember, Wbaw's tpt comes with CWM5 and yours with CWM4 - any particular reason for using the older one?

I'm actually using partition layout from wbaw's v4. Yes, it gives most amount of space for /data, that's why I'm using it. I had to compromise a little with the /system partition. This ROM's system size is only ~123mb, so it still leaves 15mb of wasted space, but you can also squeeze CM7 into that too. Can't give you any answer on the total space question.

I've included CWM4 because I still use it. I don't want to include software that I don't use/haven't tested. I've only tested CWM5 briefly and didn't quite like it. CWM4 has much clearer coloring, it's much faster (non-verbose) and it still makes yaffs images of your system/data (CWM5 makes tar-balls).

Hi all!

/Zasten

Are you overclocked? I haven't had a single reboot all time, so it's difficult for me to say. I know it can be hard to get logs from reboot situations, but some info would certainly help.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest jcsanfrancisco

Proximity should work for most people without calibration. Some users might have to calibrate their sensors. Then there is still some who can't get their proximity to work. There have been some reports before, but I think they've all been some how mysteriously sorted with full wipe/re-install.

When/where did you buy your blade? There are plenty of blades with different hardware setups, so some preset calibration values don't work for everyone. You can find lot of useful information in the CM7 thread when you search for proximity. It's the same issue and it won't be totally sorted until ZTE releases proper source code.

I'm actually using partition layout from wbaw's v4. Yes, it gives most amount of space for /data, that's why I'm using it. I had to compromise a little with the /system partition. This ROM's system size is only ~123mb, so it still leaves 15mb of wasted space, but you can also squeeze CM7 into that too. Can't give you any answer on the total space question.

I've included CWM4 because I still use it. I don't want to include software that I don't use/haven't tested. I've only tested CWM5 briefly and didn't quite like it. CWM4 has much clearer coloring, it's much faster (non-verbose) and it still makes yaffs images of your system/data (CWM5 makes tar-balls).

Are you overclocked? I haven't had a single reboot all time, so it's difficult for me to say. I know it can be hard to get logs from reboot situations, but some info would certainly help.

Thanks again for replying,

I`ve just done a complete wipe and installed spring rls 5 and the proxy works, I then installed this again but still no joy :(, i`m still going to use it though as other than the sensor this is a excellent rom.

Keep up the good work

Edited by jcsanfrancisco

Guest thanasis00

i installed this rom about 3 days ago, and everything seems to work fine! I just had a minor problem yesterday. I was listening to music with PowerAmp Player with my handsfree, and somebody called me. I tried to picked it up, and while i was talking i saw that PowerAmp was pausing and resuming all the time, even after the call. I unplugged the handsfree, and it stopped, but when i replugged them, it started again. I had to restart the phone, to stop this from happening... Do you know what had gone wrong? When i was on CM7.1 i didn't experience that exact problem.

Guest adonwenas

At the next rls could u using burstlam kernel on GB-NEGARAKU...

Its kind of fast in my opinian...

Especially the keyboard im very love it ...

Its just my opinian...

Cuz so far ur rom is the most i love it..

Edited by adonwenas

Guest Maarten Lambrecht

Does anybody know if Skype works properly on this rom?

With GSF I have to use the patched version so it uses the correct speaker. But how with Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie?

Guest dingers01

Does anybody know if Skype works properly on this rom?

With GSF I have to use the patched version so it uses the correct speaker. But how with Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie?

Dunno about Skype but Viber doesn't (it suffers from the same issue) and to my knowledge the only ROM that works is CM7 :(

Dunno about Skype but Viber doesn't (it suffers from the same issue) and to my knowledge the only ROM that works is CM7 :(

Again, very simple issue to solve: after you turn the phone on, open FM Radio app (the andorko RDS version, to be found here, bundled with the ROM from the RLS4 on), close it - the sound will now be routed to the earpiece in Skype, Viber... This work until the next reboot...you have to open FM Radio app after each boot.

Edited by Vujke

Guest oxyg3n89

Volume buttons do not change songs in this rom. Agree,very good feature of cm7..:)

is the fuctions in the rom? cm7 settings

volume buttons are next songs?

sorry fot my english

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk