[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MidaMilunk

Does this kernel support RDS.? I guess not, since Andorko radio is 0.5 which does not support it either.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest Cyclothunder

Darktremor a2sd is included in this ROM. If you have ext partition on you sdcard, your apps are already automatically installed to sd-ext.

How can i confirm this? How can i check free space on the partition?

That rls4 came just in time for me :-p Good work!

Edited by Cyclothunder

Guest KonstaT

Does this kernel support RDS.? I guess not, since Andorko radio is 0.5 which does not support it either.

It doesn't support RDS. The RDS version of the radio app is infamous for draining battery.

How can i confirm this? How can i check free space on the partition?

That rls4 came just in time for me :-p Good work!

Run command 'df -h' in terminal emulator. This is from my phone:

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
tmpfs 210.7M 32.0K 210.7M 0% /dev
tmpfs 4.0M 0 4.0M 0% /sqlite_stmt_journals
tmpfs 210.7M 0 210.7M 0% /mnt/asec
tmpfs 210.7M 0 210.7M 0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mtdblock5 138.0M 123.7M 14.3M 90% /system
/dev/block/mtdblock6 315.6M 120.1M 195.5M 38% /data
/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 235.5M 85.3M 138.1M 38% /system/sd
tmpfs 42.0M 0 42.0M 0% /cache
/dev/block/vold/179:1
14.6G 13.6G 959.2M 94% /mnt/sdcard

[/code]

Your sd-ext is /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 and should be mounted as /system/sd.

You can also see some info on Titanium Backup's homescreen. It should have a bar for SD card (a2sd) if your ext partition is set up properly.

Guest zendorphine

I haven't installed any add-ons or themes and I did a full wipe (system/cache/dalvik) before flashing.

Also, I set the governor to Smartassv2 last night and the battery went from 88% to 0% in 7 hours (airplane mode, sleep). I'm going to keep watching this thread because I like the rom, but I've had to revert to Swedish Spring for now.

Keep up the good work, and I'll be having another try when I'm not relying on my phone as much as I am right now.

I had a very similar experience w/ RLS3 that I managed to finally crack today. I tracked the issue down to the gmail app somehow draining the battery. It produced no wakelocks, no abnormal system on w/ screen off, which is really puzzling. CpySpy reported 94% deep sleep during the time as battery drained from 100% to 25%. Uninstalling gmail stopped the drain (both gmail.apk and email.apk). K9 did almost the same, but did produce a massive amount of wakelocks (both the latest Market and developer versions). I ended up with MailDroid (w/o push). The drain wasn't dependent on the cpu governor or the I/O scheduler (which I switched to vr from sio). I had a similar, but not as bad, drain in CM n220+ w/K9 mail. But so far this was the most sever case of battery drain I've seen. Oh, and it wasn't the battery just dying on me, I've two batteries and Blades and I cross-referenced them to check this. I wonder what's up with the gmail app, since re-installing it from the market resulted in massive drain again. I've a feeling it might be related to the Burstlam kernel, since almost all of my cases of severe drains have occurred after its appearance. Of course, this is mere speculation, it could be something else as well such as a library introduced at roughly the same time etc.

My Blades are both white, bought initially with A 2.2

I hope this helps! :)

Guest mitchde

THANKS for new Rls !

But i am a bit confused about the burstlam 2.3.5 kernel code / builds.

I think you use that branch latest edited at 29. sept

burstlam kernel 35

But whats that kernel branch

burstlam zte blade kernel 35 , with source changes up to 18. october ?!

Edited by mitchde

Fixed? It's worked perfectly since the initial release. Works for me and no one has said that it didn't...

Am I confused with an other rom then , where gps working correctly just for once.

Once you turned it off , it was useless till reboot ?

EDIT : And I'm sure it was mentioned on first message

Edited by Kuoi

Guest xxalgisxx

I flashed my OSF to moldovan GEN3 (network services were OK)

then flashed CWM recovery,

then MMHMP RLS4.

Phone boots, everything works well exept - there is no network.

Is this ROM become only GEN2?

Edited by xxalgisxx

Guest Coffer52

then MMHMP RLS4.

It says in the first post GEN 2 only!

Guest Maarten Lambrecht

Am I confused with an other rom then , where gps working correctly just for once.

Once you turned it off , it was useless till reboot ?

EDIT : And I'm sure it was mentioned on first message

You are confusing this rom with libraginger.

Why should I prefer Moldovan over libraginger?

Guest TheBrainKafka

Nice RLS4! Working great 3G/GPS/WLAN/BT and LED!

How to change the shortcuts in the notification bar?

How to change notification bar style?

Thanks!

Guest ZTE_Blade

hi!

i tried out RLS3 for a day. great performance (antutu 1660 @ 710 MHz), great battery life, green led isn't a issue for me. everything is perfect! i needed some very stable ROM since i wanted to left SS5.

Few minutes ago i tried RLS4, it has lower benchmark (1130) and AOSP dialer is back on. Is there a way to have on every release also the smart dialer included? i do want to update my ROM but i get annoyed if i have to wipe everytime to install Smart Dialer.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Guest KonstaT

THANKS for new Rls !

But i am a bit confused about the burstlam 2.3.5 kernel code / builds.

I think you use that branch latest edited at 29. sept

burstlam kernel 35

But whats that kernel branch

burstlam zte blade kernel 35 , with source changes up to 18. october ?!

Yeah, I used the source from the first link. Except latest LED fix reverted and replaced with LED patch from Tom G. Also new default proximity values are from Tom G. There's some info on the first post.

First link is what burstlam has linked to his threads and says he uses. I think the second link is his rework of basically the same thing, it's just better documented where he pulled his changes. I haven't tried to compile the second one. Better ask burstlam if you need to know more.

then MMHMP RLS4.

That is exactly what happens when you flash gen2 ROM to a gen3 phone or vice versa. This ROM is for gen2 only. It says so on the topic title and once before the download link. It is based on a stock ROM that was originally gen3. That's why this ROM could easily support gen3 too, but there is absolutely no reason encourage people to update to gen3 at this time.

Nice RLS4! Working great 3G/GPS/WLAN/BT and LED!

How to change the shortcuts in the notification bar?

How to change notification bar style?

Thanks!

If you mean the notification power widget, it is not user configurable. I might do few different versions (also normal non-scrollable version) to choose from sometime later.

Edited by KonstaT

Does anybody know how I can change my wallpaper back to the default one that comes with this ROM? I searched the ROM for it but without luck.Thank you.

Edited by tomlu

Guest MidaMilunk

I hope this helps! :)

Very good post, thank you really! You have mentioned a few apps I was really looking for! Many people think, that such battery drains are caused by the ROM itself, but this is the case only in a very few percent of the cases!

Unfortunately maildroid does not support exchange mailbox, so I still prefer "enhanced email", I recommend everyone to test it also! I never experienced such battery drain anyway... the maximum nightly drain was 1-2%, bnut usually battery level is the very same in the morning as it was at night.

When I suffer a drain, it is always caused by some app which wakelocks the device. A well tuned app-killer can be your friend in this case. Be very carefull not to kill any app you relay on!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest fattymcdirty

in our new release.. the v4 one... with your new kernel: is this one working for the libra users who have newer libras regarding the camera issues (cannot connect to camera) ... you stated an alternative (stock) kernel in the releases before... with this stock kernel, i got your rls2 up and running on my libra without issues... do i have to copy this stock kernel to your rls4, too or is it already integrated in your new kernel?

sorry to ask, but can anybode make a workaround for the missing options, so we can install them manually:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no power menu reboot options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

this was just something I liked on the 3rd version of this ROM....

I know KonstaT won't make this, but there must be somebody who can add this in an flashable zip, or?

Guest KonstaT

in our new release.. the v4 one... with your new kernel: is this one working for the libra users who have newer libras regarding the camera issues (cannot connect to camera) ... you stated an alternative (stock) kernel in the releases before... with this stock kernel, i got your rls2 up and running on my libra without issues... do i have to copy this stock kernel to your rls4, too or is it already integrated in your new kernel?

You have to install the stock kernel add-on, just like you did last time. Look at ads-ons section in the first post.

So you can confirm that your Libra's camera didn't work with rls2's custom kernel, but you got it working by flashing the stock kernel?

sorry to ask, but can anybode make a workaround for the missing options, so we can install them manually:

-no circle battery mod

-no notification power widget

-no power menu reboot options

-no transparent notification area

-no CRT screen off animation

-default wallpaper

this was just something I liked on the 3rd version of this ROM....

I know KonstaT won't make this, but there must be somebody who can add this in an flashable zip, or?

Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS4.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?5shvxedwo16mkm6 (mirror)

MD5:7B4BBDDC96F51817DFEDC3E47A0CD165

There is a full version if you didn't notice. It's got all of the above. It's just all or nothing from now on. Of course if someone wants to make these add-ons, they are free to do so. :)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest fattymcdirty

You have to install the stock kernel add-on, just like you did last time. Look at ads-ons section in the first post.

So you can confirm that your Libra's camera didn't work with rls2's custom kernel, but you got it working by flashing the stock kernel?:)

yes, i can confirm it's working with the stock kernel. one issue i have tho is somehow a random signal loss - only fixable by rebooting... airplane mode doesn't fix it nor does anything else...

any ideas? or was this a known bug with rls2? (tho i don't think so, cuz it's not listed...)

Guest ThePain

Thanks KonstaT for this amazing ROM. .Just installed RLS4 everything works great and is blazingly fast as well. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it has good battery life as well.

Anyone with any feedback on the battery life of this ROM vs GSF or SSF?

Thanks!

Guest TheBrainKafka

Great Rom and thanks for quick feedback!

One more question:

I'm using "betterbatterystats" and it shows that "Alarm Manager" is partially waking up the phone?

How can I disable it?

Also I'm wondering what this is, because there is no alarm function (at least I didn't found one)...

Thx

Guest TheBrainKafka

Great Rom and thanks for quick feedback!

One more question:

I'm using "betterbatterystats" and it shows that "Alarm Manager" is partially waking up the phone?

How can I disable it?

Also I'm wondering what this is, because there is no alarm function (at least I didn't found one)...

Thx

yes, i can confirm it's working with the stock kernel. one issue i have tho is somehow a random signal loss - only fixable by rebooting... airplane mode doesn't fix it nor does anything else...

any ideas? or was this a known bug with rls2? (tho i don't think so, cuz it's not listed...)

I too have random signal loss