[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

Guest KonstaT

yes, i can confirm it's working with the stock kernel. one issue i have tho is somehow a random signal loss - only fixable by rebooting... airplane mode doesn't fix it nor does anything else...

any ideas? or was this a known bug with rls2? (tho i don't think so, cuz it's not listed...)

I too have random signal loss

Try "Restart Connections" from the market. I've used it in other past roms when my signal was lost and the only hope was to reboot the phone.

Guest TheBrainKafka

Great Rom and thanks for quick feedback!

One more question:

I'm using "betterbatterystats" and it shows that "Alarm Manager" is partially waking up the phone?

How can I disable it?

Also I'm wondering what this is, because there is no alarm function (at least I didn't found one)...

Thx

p.s. Is HTC Imod Keyboard working on this rom?

(sry for 2ble post)

Guest KonstaT

One more question:

I'm using "betterbatterystats" and it shows that "Alarm Manager" is partially waking up the phone?

How can I disable it?

Also I'm wondering what this is, because there is no alarm function (at least I didn't found one)...

Alarm Manager is android system process that handles all alarms and I think it can't be disabled. It's normal for it to keep wakelocks for short amount of time. You can find this ROMs alarm function by selecting Clock -> Alarms.

For the couple of you who had problems with ADB. Install these latest official drivers from ZTE website, not those that are linked in the "correct" drivers thread. Just yesterday played with brand new windows 7 (64bit) computer and with those "correct" drivers, ZTE ADB Interface device remains unrecognized. Using the drivers from ZTE website fixed this problem and I got ADB working with that system too.

Guest MidaMilunk

I suffer from reboots after 40-45 minutes of navigation in the car. There were two of them, one with Sygic on 729Mhz (max, using SmartAssV2), and one with Waze on 710Mhz (max, using SmartAssV2)

Anyone experienced the same?

When the problem is the CPU freq, I usually have freezes, not reboots. This more or less recalls the time, when CM ROMs suffered such problem!

Guest JolyonS

I suffer from reboots after 40-45 minutes of navigation in the car.

How warm is the phone after 40-45 minutes of sat nav work on the dashboard of your car?

Guest MidaMilunk

How warm is the phone after 40-45 minutes of sat nav work on the dashboard of your car?

Not exceptionally, but noticeable hot - at least for my hand. It is also attached to the charger, and charger plus navi always make the Blade hot.

It is in the gearbox anyway, no direkt sunlight. The temp reading looks faulty in Blade, I have seen not less than 100 degrees centigrade as well in battery spy application! Not at the time of the reboots, so I try to use battery spy, ang use navigation in the car in the same time!

Guest Ralph Martin

I suffer from reboots after 40-45 minutes of navigation in the car.

When the problem is the CPU freq, I usually have freezes, not reboots.

I had a freeze last night, with no overclocking at all. Pressed phone button, but no screen, had to take battery out and reboot. (The proximity calibration is fine - its not that).

Guest TheBrainKafka

I suffer from reboots after 40-45 minutes of navigation in the car. There were two of them, one with Sygic on 729Mhz (max, using SmartAssV2), and one with Waze on 710Mhz (max, using SmartAssV2)

When the problem is the CPU freq, I usually have freezes, not reboots. This more or less recalls the time, when CM ROMs suffered such problem!

You are really wondering why your phone reboots under hard working conditions when you are going to 792Mhz?

Im running on 651Mhz without any trouble....

Guest downloader50

Can anyone tell me where the default wallpaper is stored i ran the remove battery circle zip and it changed the wallpaper I rather like the one that installs on first install

Guest ZuzMaRa

Alarm Manager is android system process that handles all alarms and I think it can't be disabled. It's normal for it to keep wakelocks for short amount of time. You can find this ROMs alarm function by selecting Clock -> Alarms.

For the couple of you who had problems with ADB. Install these latest official drivers from ZTE website, not those that are linked in the "correct" drivers thread. Just yesterday played with brand new windows 7 (64bit) computer and with those "correct" drivers, ZTE ADB Interface device remains unrecognized. Using the drivers from ZTE website fixed this problem and I got ADB working with that system too.

Hi KonstaT,

The link You gave for the "latest official drivers from ZTE website" is unfortunately dead (404). Could You perhaps upload this package to an accessible site like mediafire, megaupload, etc.

Thank You very much for this excellent ROM and hopefully for the new ZTE drivers.

Cheers

Thanks for working ROM. Seems the battery life is good as I had 2 days and 9 hours of mostly idle (2 calls ~5 minutes each) and no useless playing or whatsoever. Data always on but updates selected manually. I still had ~40-50% battery before i upgraded from RLS2 -> RLS4 so lost my uptime there.

As Finnish user, I had one funky feature when there was screen with for example login prompt, word "Seuraava" doesn't fit inside the sw-keyboards button. Pretty easy to reproduce though: add wifi network, select WPA/WPA2 Passkey from list, select password and select the SSID again. This should change the text in the button to "Seuraava" which is bit too large for small button to handle. Overall, I'm really pleased with the ROM.

Altough I'm still suffering somewhat random crashes (happens with almost all ROMs I've used) when opening or using Gallery (using stock speeds always with default scheduler), but it has happened for ages and I'm pretty used to it already. Its just like screen goes to funky color, and sometimes takes mosaics and just reboots. Oh, about reboot - so far this is the fastest ROM to boot also!

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: This seemed to be my first post ever since 2008 when I got HTC TyTN II

Edited by Ondalf

Guest KonstaT

hi, in this rom can i change themes and lockscreen? like cm7

Theme chooser is CM7 only feature, it doesn't work with any other ROM.

Does this happen in other apps too and also without overclocking? I've tracked my exercise using google my tracks and endomondo well more than an hour without any problems. In CM7 reboot used happen straight after GPS got locked position.

why is Simple I/O set as the default I/O scheduler? GSF and CM7 both use Budget Fair Queuing.

Simpler the better. It was default scheduler in burslam's config. You can easily change it with No-frills if you prefer something else.

Can anyone tell me where the default wallpaper is stored i ran the remove battery circle zip and it changed the wallpaper I rather like the one that installs on first install

Remove battery circle zip includes the same wallpaper (android logo) as the normal version of this ROM. You shouldn't install remove battery circle add-on to vanilla version. All it does to vanilla version is that it changes default wallpaper and adds (in that version) unused image resources. You can find default wallpaper inside /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/default_wallpaper.jpg.

Hi KonstaT,

The link You gave for the "latest official drivers from ZTE website" is unfortunately dead (404). Could You perhaps upload this package to an accessible site like mediafire, megaupload, etc.

Thank You very much for this excellent ROM and hopefully for the new ZTE drivers.

Cheers

I would mirror it if I still had the file. Can't download it either at the moment. It's a ZTE server thing, it happens with their source codes too. Try again sometime later and it should work.

Guest downloader50

What a pleasant change to use a rom where the developer is helpfull and has good manners not like the developer of another well known rom. Cheers

Guest downloader50

Remove battery circle zip includes the same wallpaper (android logo) as the normal version of this ROM. You shouldn't install remove battery circle add-on to vanilla version. All it does to vanilla version is that it changes default wallpaper and adds (in that version) unused image resources. You can find default wallpaper inside /system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/drawable-hdpi/default_wallpaper.jpg.

How come the default lake wallpaper doesn't show up in the list of wallpapers when I choose to change the wallpaper?

Guest MidaMilunk

You are really wondering why your phone reboots under hard working conditions when you are going to 792Mhz?

Im running on 651Mhz without any trouble....

Yes, I am. I can use it with GSF, or CM7 ROMs without any freeze, or reboot! Same CPU settings of course ... maybe the governor is different, since smartassV2 is not available for all kernels.

It was 729, not 792 anyway :)

Last time I had similar reboots, I also tried it with 604Mhz maximum, the result was the same! This does not mean, it would be the same now, but it means, that SOMETIMES there is no connection between reboots/instability and CPU settings!

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest MidaMilunk

Does this happen in other apps too and also without overclocking? I've tracked my exercise using google my tracks and endomondo well more than an hour without any problems. In CM7 reboot used happen straight after GPS got locked position.

Reboots do not happen in other conditions, just in-car navigation and charging the same time. I did not test in-car navigation without charging, I do not know if it can work as long as 45 minutes... Same OC does not harm at all using f.e. Endomondo. I think I have not used it for more than 40 minutes, but this is just another story, screen is off, Endo just write the GPS logs, it is completely different drawing maps from a database with 10 fps.

Tbh I usually use SetCPU with maximizing the during-charging CPU freq in 604, or 650 to minimize overheating, and it was not installed when the reboots happened. I am to test it again soon.

Edited by MidaMilunk

Guest KonstaT

Battery voltage is shown incorrent in this release... For example: 4105.0V instead of 4.105V

Yeah, battery voltage should be displayed in mV. Afaik it causes no problems other than than battery readings are multiplied by thousand. I'll fix it for the next release. I'm holding off the next one for a while to get more small things like this reported and fixed.

Reboots do not happen in other conditions, just in-car navigation and charging the same time.

That cound have relation to your navigation SW. We don't know which one you use. Do you have the same result with some other navigation SW too? Maybe it's application issue and not ROM issue.

Guest downloader50

Tried this rom and then cm7.1 I am sure they are identical on battrey usage so the choice is yours lol both used 7% in 24hrs of pure stand by.

Guest Telltale

I'm currently using MCSF (the monte carlo version of GSF), mainly because of Dolby mobile. Can anyone tell me the advantages of this rom to try and tempt me away?

Guest dirlan2001

Hi,

I've more or less the same problem on GSF b27 with Sygic.. Just in my case Sygic doesn't stop running but withdraws itself to the background, which forces me to 'restart' the app from the desktop. It seems it has something to do with the 'background-services' running inside Sygic such as 'weather updates' etc...Since I disabled most of the 'online-features' and POI's the app works longer and more stable. Only problem remains the fact it will go to the background and not return to the foreground when receiving SMS or any operator-msg. But I can relay all these problems on the fact that it's just a single-core CPU and Android isn't the best example for multi-tasking.

Besides, I don't think you need to OC to run Sygic, even at 428 (underclocked !!!) it runs smooth...

:D