GEN1 to GEN2 - Battery Issues?

Guest aboylikedave

Guest aboylikedave

HI there

I have recently upgraded from Swedish Spring on GEN1 Blade to CM7 using the GEN1 to GEN2 updater combined with CM7 (reboot holding down + key etc.). This has seen battery life drastically cut from 2 days normal use to under 1 day. Even when I have changed back to SS there is no improvement. AFAIK the settings (screen, wifi, etc.) are all the same.

Is there any way changing from GEN1 to GE2 could affect battery life? Or if something else at play here are there any obvious difference from the default SS to default CM7 which might be catching me out?

Cheers

Edited by aboylikedave

Hi,

are you using "GSM Only" mode? Please check with CPU Spy, if your phone is using battery while in sleep (screen off). It should be in deep sleep. If it's not, therefore it is running on the lowest frequency (122 or 245), which drains the battery. Try it on WCDMA mode and report back.

I have opened a thread, so post in there if this is the same problem.

Regards

Guest aboylikedave

Hi,

are you using "GSM Only" mode? Please check with CPU Spy, if your phone is using battery while in sleep (screen off). It should be in deep sleep. If it's not, therefore it is running on the lowest frequency (122 or 245), which drains the battery. Try it on WCDMA mode and report back.

I have opened a thread, so post in there if this is the same problem.

Regards

Cheers DVDeus. Under Setting-Wireless and Networks - Mobile Networks I only have an option for 'Use only 2G networks'. Should there be an option for WDCMA as well or is that just 'Use only 2G' = off?

EDIT - found the answer *#*#4636#*#*. Thanks

Edited by aboylikedave