24 Oct Gr8 WIP (KJ2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

This is the topic for my work-in-progress Gr8 ROM based on the KJ2 release.

Points to note...

• I will be updating this / adding features very frequently and it is very unfinished - this is why it is primarily kitchen based (I do my development in kitchens as I have a pretty slow internet connection and it allows me to upload small ROM parts)
  • Please do not distribute your bakes as it will lead to splintered Gr8 releases all over the place
  • Please post your feature requests, reports etc. in the topic
  • This is stock Samsung style at the moment - I will be adding vanilla features soon.
  • Kitchen is in post 2 of this topic
  • Changelog is in post 3 of this topic
  • Known issues is in post 4 of this topic
  • THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE!
    As usual, flash via ClockworkMod and BACK UP YOUR DATA FIRST! :) You flash at your own risk.

UPDATE: Prebakes will be updated daily at 9 AM if there were kitchen changes the previous day.

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future. This will also avoid splintered Gr7 downloads around the web.

Prebake

• ONLINE TOMORROW MORNING!
    • P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Changelog

24 Oct 17:00

• First KJ2 release
    13 Oct 12:20

• Updated Google and third party components to the latest releases
      12 Oct 19:50

• Fixed duplicate files in /system/bin
      • 12 Oct

• Initial Release

Guest Androidlover287

Cool, will flash and test now....thanks paul, can't wait for updates.

UPDAYE: I can't get the rom to flash, i have wiped the data and cache, When i try to flash it says 'Installing package....Installation aborted'

This happens on CWM 4.0.1.4 and 4.0.0.2

Anyone else had this issue.

EDIT 1: I'm baking a new rom 284MB for some reason the last rom was 124mb, which is probably why it didn't flash (Yes i am using the same options as before)

Edited by Androidlover287

Guest mynameisjon

Cool, will flash and test now....thanks paul, can't wait for updates.

UPDAYE: I can't get the rom to flash, i have wiped the data and cache, When i try to flash it says 'Installing package....Installation aborted'

This happens on CWM 4.0.1.4 and 4.0.0.2

Anyone else had this issue.

EDIT 1: I'm baking a new rom 284MB for some reason the last rom was 124mb, which is probably why it didn't flash (Yes i am using the same options as before)

my stock bake is about 230+mb. I'm guessing you didn't check your MD5 on the 124mb package. 124mb should have been an indication of a problem.

After flashing: Everything seems to be working fine, I think there should be a note that this rom reverts back to Market v2.xx

Edited by mynameisjon

Guest Androidlover287

my stock bake is about 230+mb. I'm guessing you didn't check your MD5 on the 124mb package. 124mb should have been an indication of a problem.

After flashing: Everything seems to be working fine, I think there should be a note that this rom reverts back to Market v2.xx

i was dumb not to check the MD5sum d'oh, i baked another rom and it worked.

Hi Paul,

Just letting you know that I noticed there was duplicate files in a Framework.sign folder within the Framework folder.

Not a bug, but will help keep things clean and confusion free :)

John.

Guest mynameisjon

Changelog

13 Oct 12:20

• Updated Google and third party components to the latest releases

Paul, any chance to have an option to leave the latest market in? or does this change mean that the market is now updated?

Can't really download now since my hotel's "high-speed" internet is only slightly faster than dial up.

Hi Paul what is the difference between the roms from the two kitchens? GR7 didn't mean much to me I am guessing it is based on a new stock rom, but what if any are the advantages of GR7? Cheers

Guest Nebulous

Paul, any chance to have an option to leave the latest market in? or does this change mean that the market is now updated?

Can't really download now since my hotel's "high-speed" internet is only slightly faster than dial up.

Flashed the ROM first thing this morning, and everything is running fine! No crashes or unexpected behaviour. Look forward to the updates.

Dave.