24 Oct Gr8 WIP (KJ2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Junior Bear

Just flashed this rom. I have only one issue, but it's pretty major for myself

The Samsung keyboard phone keypad form of typing text does not work. It only does numbers.

Very frustrating

Guest prusling

Paul, please can you include Swype 3.26 in GR7. We have instructions for updating this manually but it's difficult to get an apk for this new version when it's built in. Thanks.

Guest rferrett

This probably sounds like an uber dumb question that has no doubt been answered in many other players millions of times before. But how do we get around the territory restriction for the amazon app store you can bake into your roms?

Ralph

Guest Junior Bear

There is a vibration icon and a sound profile icon on the too bar. Is it necessary to have both?

Also how do I get rod of theblue bar on webpages when you hit the side

Guest enterusername

I'll refresh all the components tomorrow!

P

Hi Paul,

Battery Percentage modification would be nice too. I just flashed from gr5, really miss that modification.

Guest mynameisjon

I'd also like to point out that in this version, wireless tethering seems to be restricted. I just got a message that I need a tethering plan when setting up the hotspot when i never did before.

Guest kayceejayh

Noticed a few things.. I think this must be a T-Mobile sourced ROM with the Tethering restrictions and the 'WnW' Internet icon?

Also no matter what I try I can't get the predictive text to work on the Samsung Keyboard. I've tried wiping, disabling and then re-enabling, but nothing :(

K

Is it possible to add a "Stay awake"-Option in the Settings->Applications->Development Menu? Mentioned it in the Gr5-thread, but Paul was on holydays that time. An "every-2minutes-vanishing-mp3-player" in the car is very annoying.

Yes, there are apps for this but it is android-native. And it has nothing to with AMOLED!

The ancient Samsung-Galaxy and HTC-Desire have it without any display problems.

Loozaa

Noticed a few things.. I think this must be a T-Mobile sourced ROM with the Tethering restrictions and the 'WnW' Internet icon?

Also no matter what I try I can't get the predictive text to work on the Samsung Keyboard. I've tried wiping, disabling and then re-enabling, but nothing :(

K

That'll be why it works so well for me then on T-Mo. :D

I hadn't spotted the icon, i'll fix that, also I don't get any tethering warnings?

re: predictive text, I can replicate that issue, weird... i'll look into it.

P