24 Oct Gr8 WIP (KJ2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Wovchik

Anyone else with very bad WLAN reception on this rom?

I use the Phone as WLAN-card over USB an with the Samsung Stock Rom 2.3.4 it worked the last 2 months perfect.

Now after i Updated it works only if the display is active and about 30 seconds after Display goes black.

In the Setings i tryed never disable WLAN and Never if it pluged in.

Edit:

Still with active Display its not usable anymore... The WLAN symbol goes away although i have 3 bars of the reception

after some Seconds its back again, but i not moved the phone and Realtime Website are not usable :-(

Edited by Wovchik

How's everyone finding the BOKJ1 modem? for me on T-mobile UK I have really awful choppy sound on calls even when showing full 3 coverage. I have had problems with 3G data in this area where it showed a strong signal but was basically unusable, so I'm wondering if the same problem is impacting voice on the galaxy s2 or if others are having similar issues.

On my desire running CM7 I used to force 2g when on wifi but I can't find an easy way to do this on touchwiz, any tips?

Guest Wovchik

I tested yesterday at Home the Wifi and it works perfekt. Because of this i think that in the new ROM are other Wifi power settings. Paul can you confirm that?

Is it possible to adjust this?

If you truly wanted to show your appreciation you could just say thanks. I'm sure Paul has his own life to tend to.

Of course he has a life, people usually do, but he also has a job. If MoDaCo is his only job I do not know. All I know is he spends a lot of time on Twitter talking about Android, so I assume this is his job. Completely abandoning a phone after some time is not unheard of. If the Galaxy S II is abandoned we should get a clear message stating so. Though I am fairly certain it's not, I'm not holding my breath. Paul anyone else working on this could at least check in every few days and reply to questions and requests.

"Gr8" is very good, stable, but has room for improvement of course. If you're running "Gr5", there's really no point in upgrading, but I have no regrets. I'm very happy with my S II. :-)

Guest Walrus Droid

I was having lots of issues with the Market force closing on this ROM....tried re-flashing etc, but no luck. So I've moved to the Cognition ROM 1.6 and Siyah Kernel 2.1...looks great so far. I may come back to Modaco if there are updates to GR8 or new ROMs.

Guest Wovchik

roled back to rooted stock and the wifi is fine again. it is not the radio because i have still the new radio which is in the kitchen, so it must be some thing in pauls rom or the new samsung rom

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jasperov

Was thinking about reverting back to a MCR but I need to know if I hold volume up with screen off in my music apps will it go to the next track? I don't see an option in the kitchen for it, but it's a feature I've grown accustomed to in CM7 and don't think I could live without it. Hopefully someone will answer me, don't want to wipe and flash my phone in vain!

Guest oursoul

Will this be updated to the latest 2.3.6 Gingerbread released by Samsung recently?

Also adding BLN option in the kernel would be appreciated.

This thread is looking dead however so I'm a bit worried since I've just donated :unsure:

Edited by oursoul

Guest rferrett

So given up on trying to move to CM7 and instead tried to use this ROM.

Getting same problem though, titanium backup won't restore my offline playlists for some reason.

Does anyone know why?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Guest Androidlover287

So given up on trying to move to CM7 and instead tried to use this ROM.

Getting same problem though, titanium backup won't restore my offline playlists for some reason.

Does anyone know why?

As i said in your other thread about this....just re-download the offline playlist s.

Guest rferrett

Alas that isn't an option atm as I do not yet have broadband in new flat and it is very data heavy.

Am resigned to having to do this Btw, but I am hugely curious as to why titanium cannot manage this with Spotify on the sgs2.

On my Desire it was able to restore the offline cache easily. I wonder if it is to do with using an external sd for storage on a phone with built in Usb storage.

Guest Androidlover287
Alas that isn't an option atm as I do not yet have broadband in new flat and it is very data heavy.

Am resigned to having to do this Btw, but I am hugely curious as to why titanium cannot manage this with Spotify on the sgs2.

On my Desire it was able to restore the offline cache easily. I wonder if it is to do with using an external sd for storage on a phone with built in Usb storage.

I am sorry for coming across harsh....i didn't understand the situation :(

but...i am very curious too as to why titanium backup couldn't do it.

Guest JadeMonkee

Maybe make sure the "Backup app cache" option in Titanium Backup is selected, and that there isn't a size limit in force.

Just a guess, but worth a shot (if you can still access your old ROM).

• 3 years later...
Guest mopardriver66

Hi, I'm new here and this may sound pretty dumb but: where is this online kitchen? Where can I bake? Is it an App? Or a Programm for Win Computers? Can I bake online? Can't find it in this topic :/