[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest (InsertNameHere)

There are so many alternative governors available in this ROM... Does anyone have any suggestions for how to test them against each other to establish the best option?

Cheers

Brian

My guess is to try them, or do what i did, do a little research on them, for every governor there are many different opinions, i overclock and i think smoothass is the best, on paper it seems to offer the best performance. Seems to work really well providing a nice smooth experience.

Guest Lloydie

This was after uninstalling the app. And when installed the apks don't usually live in /etc do they. It certainly hasn't reappeared after I manually deleted it and reinstalled it from the market.

If you make a copy of the Rom zip file to desktop and open it with Winrar you will find in system/etc/flash.apk....so i guess it resides there until you delete it.

Guest alert_bri

Yes, I'm trying them and searching for definitions on line... Using quadrant for a general feel of performance and also noticing smoothness of performance, but it's going to take a while because I'll need to run each through a full battery charge to see how much battery life I'll get. Very time consuming and do many variables.

Cheers

Brian

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Yes, I'm trying them and searching for definitions on line... Using quadrant for a general feel of performance and also noticing smoothness of performance, but it's going to take a while because I'll need to run each through a full battery charge to see how much battery life I'll get. Very time consuming and do many variables.

Cheers

Brian

Perhaps this can help

Guest suprajargon

ok sorry for the noob question, but did some browsing and didn't see it answered.

I was wanting to give this version a shot after running v1.9.1 for awhile.

I downloaded v2.4.3 and put the zip on the sd card.

Then fastboot installed the listed amss and dsp1 files (no issues)

Then tried to reboot into recovery(clockwork) to install the zip and alas I can no longer boot to recovery, it just boots to normal v1.9.1.

I tried installing Rom Manager, and loading the latest clockwork (v2.5.0.7) and using both a manual method (restart and boot to recovery) and using the Rom manager to flash to zip file, again it just boots to normal v1.9.1 everytime no matter what I do.

Any have any ideas why recovery is no longer working?

Thanks,

Josh

ok sorry for the noob question, but did some browsing and didn't see it answered.

Then tried to reboot into recovery(clockwork) to install the zip and alas I can no longer boot to recovery, it just boots to normal v1.9.1.

I tried installing Rom Manager, and loading the latest clockwork (v2.5.0.7) and using both a manual method (restart and boot to recovery) and using the Rom manager to flash to zip file, again it just boots to normal v1.9.1 everytime no matter what I do.

Thanks,

Josh

First of all if you installed ROM Manager you haven't done enough research, if you had you would know that the Streak uses StreakMod recovery.

Secondly you would know that to get into recovery you have to push BOTH volume buttons with the power button to get into recovery, once in DELL recovery you highlight the option to update from SD card and that will take you to the StreakMod recovery.

SO, you need to uninstall ROM Manager, boot into fastboot and flash StreakMod recovery, and then boot into StreakMod recovery.

Now please don't take this personally, but if you didn't know these things, you shouldn't be trying to run this ROM, as I said, don't be offended, it's just the simple facts. Gingerbread for Streak is in beta and developing everyday, if you have trouble with the basics, you should stick with more stable versions because you will only run into headaches.

Guest florin0904

Thanks,

Josh

Try this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=840326

Guest suprajargon

First of all if you installed ROM Manager you haven't done enough research, if you had you would know that the Streak uses StreakMod recovery.

Secondly you would know that to get into recovery you have to push BOTH volume buttons with the power button to get into recovery, once in DELL recovery you highlight the option to update from SD card and that will take you to the StreakMod recovery.

SO, you need to uninstall ROM Manager, boot into fastboot and flash StreakMod recovery, and then boot into StreakMod recovery.

Now please don't take this personally, but if you didn't know these things, you shouldn't be trying to run this ROM, as I said, don't be offended, it's just the simple facts. Gingerbread for Streak is in beta and developing everyday, if you have trouble with the basics, you should stick with more stable versions because you will only run into headaches.

Ah, I had read in another troubleshoot to install rom manager, and when choosing a device it listed the dell streak, so i figured it would work just fine, and for all previos updates I had used clockwork recovery with no issue.

Thank you for your reply, and I appriciate your help. I am going to be upgrading to a new device soon, and just simply wanted to mess around a bit more with the streak before retiring it. I understand that it's beta, and will be giving me head aches, but just wanted to give it a try.

Thanks,

Josh

Guest Papi-jj

Is anyone using the app playon mobile on there phone? O have it installed and it says I need adobe flash to play videos. I do have flash installed don't know why its not working. 2.4.4.2 rom

Guest Spencershaun

Day 2 for me running GS2.4.4 beta No reboots @ all the phone is running smooth any 1 had any issues rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Edited by Spencershaun

Guest Spencershaun

Sorry m8 dont have it on mine

Is anyone using the app playon mobile on there phone? O have it installed and it says I need adobe flash to play videos. I do have flash installed don't know why its not working. 2.4.4.2 rom

Guest The Beast in Black

I had FC with Email in 2.4.3 too (connected to Exchange).

I replaced it with the Email.apk from android-2.3.7_r1 and seems to work well.

Yes, replacing the Email.apk does help. I replaced my Email.apk from the one in GingerStreak 2.4, and that's solved my Email FC problem. I basically repacked the apk into GS 2.4.3-tun after getting rid of the apps I don't use, like facebook (ugh), twatter, dell stage, dell update and the extra wallpapers, flashed my repack onto my phone and my corporate email using Email.apk now works like a charm :)

I'm now going to do the same for the voice search apk, which also keeps FC'ing on my phone when started. This is another problem I've been having since 2.4, so I'll likely grab it from an older version.

Guest jaw2floor

I'm not sure if this has been fixed in a later release, but in 2.4.2.1 the front-facing appears upside-down in Skype. I haven't tried any other app though.

Guest Azurren

I'm not sure if this has been fixed in a later release, but in 2.4.2.1 the front-facing appears upside-down in Skype. I haven't tried any other app though.

This has always been an issue.

Hoping for a fix but it works fine in landscape mode (Not ideal but..)

Guest Spencershaun

I dont use skype ive been using tang and it seems to be ok on that wink.gif

Guest Papi-jj
its more than likely linked to the the issue with flash in 2.4.2/3

Figured out what it was. I uninstalled flash 11 rebooted phone and then reinstalled flash. Not it works fine.

Guest JOBooth

wifi on 2.4.4-3 seems verrry slow

loaded twice (flash ROM, clear caches, reset)

EDIT: nevermind. It's my connection. Too much f'n snow outside.

Edited by JOBooth

Day 2 for me running GS2.4.4 beta No reboots @ all the phone is running smooth any 1 had any issues rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Flashed 2.4.4.3 over the top a couple of hours ago, but I only had about 10 apps installed as I'm installing one by one by one (painful process) in an attempt to rule out an app as the culprit in my wifi woes, althoug Stephen seems to think it's a Gingerbread issue).

Hey I also am now PARTIALLY using my little SeePU app, and this may help you out some Stephen, but that little app monitors CPU, Memory, and connectivity up/down traffic. As long as I don't enable it to monitor the internet connection it won't ForceClose on me, just throwin it out there to see if it may have something to do with everyone's wifi headaches....

Still not able to theme it. When I try to cook something for these last couple of build I lose the CRT animation, the power button doesn't let me power down (have to pull the battery) and I lose sounds when I make selections. (the only reason I theme is to change out the status bar icons to something else, I'm not too keen on that green, especially the battery not telling me how much percentage it has

Guest The Beast in Black

Interesting... my voice search FC on GengerStreak 2.4.3 is due to java.util.ComparableTimSort.sort(ComparableTimSort.java:142) throwing a null pointer exception... I can't figure out why that would die.

adb logcat here: http://pastebin.com/P1R4KLcU

Is no one else having this problem with the google Voice Search App? This happens for me whether or not I reflash with/without Factory Reset... I even tried getting rid of it from the ROM and reinstalling from market (a la the flash fix), but that didn't help either...

Guest rsfinsrq

Still not able to theme it. When I try to cook something for these last couple of build I lose the CRT animation, the power button doesn't let me power down (have to pull the battery) and I lose sounds when I make selections. (the only reason I theme is to change out the status bar icons to something else, I'm not too keen on that green, especially the battery not telling me how much percentage it has

Guest rsfinsrq

What build were you able to theme? Yeah, I've double checked all of that

2.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.3, 2.4.4, and 2.4.4-2. I only change the notification bar, icons, battery, notifications, and pop-ups.

Edited by rsfinsrq

2.4.1, 2.4.2, 2.4.3, 2.4.4, and 2.4.4-2. I only change the notification bar, icons, battery, notifications, and pop-ups.

Yeah, that's the same options I was picking also, I'm gonna shoot for it again and write back and letcha know how it went... thanks for chimin in

Guest rsfinsrq

Yeah, that's the same options I was picking also, I'm gonna shoot for it again and write back and letcha know how it went... thanks for chimin in

Let me know what version your on and I can post mine to try just to see if it works for you.