[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest trickyrichb

I believe that enough of us are seeing random reboots or freezes to deduct that it is endemic to the rom. I do not believe it is a function of overclocking, since I do not overclock. I installed Setcpu with an "on demand" profile a couple of days ago to see if I could fix the freezes as well as the spontaneous wifi failures and had a freeze just yesterday. I may try the "conservative" setting as an experiment. If the problems are indeed procesor speed dependent even at stock speeds, I do not know what is next. Then again, I am a user, not a developer.

I'm running 2.4.3 & was getting random reboots every day. I'm now using setcpu using the smartassv2 govenor with the min speed set at 245MHz and it has been completely stable for over 4days now (according to the uptime on the streak).

You could maybe give this a go and see if things improve like they did for me?

Rich

Guest rockymtnbri

Haven't seen any random reboots myself, and rocking 2.4.3 since release. Only had 2 sleeps of death after installing which both occured within 60 minutes after install. After that no more sleeps of death.

The only annoyance I've come across is that the clock is running fast. Setting it manually or automatic doesn't matter, within a few hours it will be 15 minutes ahead.

I've reported this to Steve, but am left wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their streak.

I'm getting the reverse! My clock right now, with automatic settings, shows 7:14 am while it is actually 8:00. This has been happening for the past few days since I updated.

Guest bradu17

Hello,

Does anybody know how to upgrade to StreakDroid 2.3.4 from Stock Froyo 2.2.2 - I used to know how to flash the ROMs but I've forgotten (haven't done since last year when I was switching from Stock 1.6 to UK version of 2.1 and then the European 2.2 - that's a long time ago ;)

These are my details:

Version: 2.2.2

Baseband: GAUSB1A135100-US

Kernel: 2.6.32.9-perf

Build: 15609

Please provide a link or detailed instructions if possible.

Thank you al

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Hello,

Does anybody know how to upgrade to StreakDroid 2.3.4 from Stock Froyo 2.2.2 - I used to know how to flash the ROMs but I've forgotten (haven't done since last year when I was switching from Stock 1.6 to UK version of 2.1 and then the European 2.2 - that's a long time ago ;)

These are my details:

Version: 2.2.2

Baseband: GAUSB1A135100-US

Kernel: 2.6.32.9-perf

Build: 15609

Please provide a link or detailed instructions if possible.

Thank you al

I suggest you start from the beginning of the thread, and read. You will need to flash amss and dsp1 using fastboot, before flashing this trom

Guest ChicoKiri

Is there any advice on preventing Adobe Flash 10.3 from auto-installing itself onto the system? I'm getting tired of uninstalling it every time I reboot the phone.

Also, recommendations on editing the SystemUI.apk would be lovely. I'd prefer to get the time back in its corner so it doesn't overlap notifications.

Guest kalanaya

Is there any advice on preventing Adobe Flash 10.3 from auto-installing itself onto the system? I'm getting tired of uninstalling it every time I reboot the phone.

Also, recommendations on editing the SystemUI.apk would be lovely. I'd prefer to get the time back in its corner so it doesn't overlap notifications.

I second it...cool.gif

Guest ChicoKiri

Alright, I used File Expert to browse to /system/etc/flashplayer.apk and renamed the file "flashplayer.apk.bak" to prevent the system from finding it. Streak started up without issue and I'm flash-free again. I think it's safe to delete that file from the system, but I'll test further.

I'm looking into editing the SystemUI.apk now. I'm not entirely sure what tools I'd need to do so, though. I would personally just like the time back in its corner and a battery percentage without installing another widget.

Edited by ChicoKiri

Guest Technomenon81

Hey everyone, I'm interested in the latest happenings with the 2.4.4.x rom. Can anyone give me the lowdown or Steve if you see this, I'm interested in helping you test it. Thanks.

Guest (InsertNameHere)

Hey everyone, I'm interested in the latest happenings with the 2.4.4.x rom. Can anyone give me the lowdown or Steve if you see this, I'm interested in helping you test it. Thanks.

Me too

Guest Papi-jj

I guess he's still working on it. There still some issues I am having. They are small but I believe Steve will iron them out before releasing.

Guest JOBooth

I'm currently running 2.4.4-3 and am lovin' it. I've had two "sleep of death" instances, but think I figured them out to something I did.

Everything else is SWEEET! My wifi is stable. camera, gps, ending calls... all good. No random reboots.

I can't emphasize how important it is to do a CLEAN install each and every time. Yeah it's a pita, but every time I flash a 2.4.X update I do the below:

(I've already flashed to 360, flashed StreakMod Recovery, flashed dsp1 and amss from original post)

1. Flash GingerStreak 2.4.X
  2. Wipe Data / Cache
  3. Wipe Dalvik Cache Under advanced
  4. Reboot back to StreakMod recovery
  5. Perform a Dell Factory reset Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  6. Allow the device to boot
Edited by JOBooth

Guest Tungsifu

Yo jo, you don't go borrowing things frim your buddies thwn hand it out to others before asking them I hope, I'm sure he would post when he felt ready for the public...just sayin, I love to share grrreat things I find as well but you might just be jumping the gun onthis one

On another note, who's got some tips for me to try on getting music beta and twitter apps to work?

Guest Xurram52

I'm currently running 2.4.4-3 and am lovin' it. I've had two "sleep of death" instances, but think I figured them out to something I did.

Everything else is SWEEET! My wifi is stable. camera, gps, ending calls... all good. No random reboots.

I can't emphasize how important it is to do a CLEAN install each and every time. Yeah it's a pita, but every time I flash a 2.4.X update I do the below:

(I've already flashed to 360, flashed StreakMod Recovery, flashed dsp1 and amss from original post)

1. Flash GingerStreak 2.4.X
  2. Wipe Data / Cache
  3. Wipe Dalvik Cache Under advanced
  4. Reboot back to StreakMod recovery
  5. Perform a Dell Factory reset Option 1 in recovery BEFORE entering StreakMod
  6. Allow the device to boot

hey ... the link doesn't work ...;-(