New Flash version works perfectly on Orange SanFrancisco

Guest Asghar_UK

Guest zillfish

thanks, I'll search further, though if it means changing to gen2, (with a different rom?), I think I'll stick with skyfire for non wifi iplayer streaming. It's not perfect, but it works.

I've deleted everything on the phone and sd card that has any obvious connection to iplayer. Could there be some other app blocking the install that isn't obvious to me do you think?[.quote name=Thar' timestamp='1321392401' post='1845549]

I think it's to do with Gen1, those that have updated to Gen2 don't seem to have a problem with the iPlayer app.

I installed 10.2 and it seems to work on sites other than iPlayer.

I keep getting the message 'this content doesn't seem to be working - please try later'. Anyone know why?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers! :)

OSF Gen1 with Swedish Spring RL5, standard browser.

Edited by ZTE

I installed 10.2 and it seems to work on sites other than iPlayer.

I keep getting the message 'this content doesn't seem to be working - please try later'. Anyone know why?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers! :)

OSF Gen1 with Swedish Spring RL5, standard browser.

Just tried it on mine, FLB, and my son's Swedish Spring and get the same message as you. Has definitely worked for me on previous occasions, I hope it's a temporary blip!

Guest Mals_UK

Just tried it on mine, FLB, and my son's Swedish Spring and get the same message as you. Has definitely worked for me on previous occasions, I hope it's a temporary blip!

Same here still the same today. Anybody else had any luck???

Guest CharlesBrown

Same here still the same today. Anybody else had any luck???

Same here - the Iplayer stopped working on Wednesday or so - I can't figure out why. I haven't updated anything -annoying.

I had a good deal on the SGS2 but stayed with the San Fran when it got flash and I could use Iplayer - any ideas how to get it working again?

I just tried it using Skyfire. When I loaded the iPlayer bookmark it came up with "This phone is not supported"....mmm...looks like they have blocked access somehow. Fortunately I can still access via Skyfire.

Guest zillfish

I think it's to do with Gen1, those that have updated to Gen2 don't seem to have a problem with the iPlayer app.

I realise now that the iplayer app thinks that the blade is not compatible with it, presumably because it didn't have flash. Although I now have flash, the app still assumes I don't, hence it won't install. If there is a workaround I'd be interested, otherwise, thanks for for your interest and I'll forget it for now.

Edited by zillfish

I realise now that the iplayer app thinks that the blade is not compatible with it, presumably because it didn't have flash. Although I now have flash, the app still assumes I don't, hence it won't install. If there is a workaround I'd be interested, otherwise, thanks for for your interest and I'll forget it for now.

Medium quality still works with mine but is too choppy to watch. Low quality fails completely

Thought it was just me as I had reinstalled rom and all the apps with titanium backup! Can confirm it works on medium quality but is to choppy to watch. The BBC must have changed there website somehow :(

Guest zillfish

Flash player 10.3 and it works too

http://forum.xda-dev...1309406#taglist

I've installed flash 10.3, and it works well for iplayer on wifi, but TVCatchup has died, and it happened about the same time that flash was installed.

Coincidence, or could there be a connection?

Anybody else got this problem?

I also got the iplayer 3g app at the same time, but that's stuck on the sd card and won't install, so I don't think it matters.

(gen 1 blade, JJrls9)

EDIT:

It was 10 days ago that I last used iplayer, when I first installed flash 10.3. As I said above, it worked well then, but now like every body else on this thread it's gone choppy.

I sorted the TVCatchup fault by clearing browser cache and cookies, so that was nothing to do with flash.

To be honest having iplayer that only works on wifi isn't much use, cos most of the time that wifi is available, so is a computer.

It's back to skyfire for me, it's tedious to connect, and there's no control of the video, but once it's running it usually works ok.

Does anybody know how to install an app that thinks my phone isn't suitable?

Edited by zillfish

I've installed flash 10.3, and it works well for iplayer on wifi, but TVCatchup has died, and it happened about the same time that flash was installed.

Coincidence, or could there be a connection?

Anybody else got this problem?

I also got the iplayer 3g app at the same time, but that's stuck on the sd card and won't install, so I don't think it matters.

(gen 1 blade, JJrls9)

No connection. I have 2 Blades, 1 on 10.2, the other 10.3. Both failed on iplayer at the same time.

After reading the latest posts yesterday, I tried iPlayer again and this time it worked, although the video is choppy and I get a "Video not optimised for mobile message". So, it's a slight improvement on last week bit still not perfect. FLB R10 and 10.3

Guest josephxx

I didn't read all the pages to see if anyone had a similar issue, but for me, installing 10.2 resulted in broken GSM. That means that, following the required reboot, my phone could not connect to my provider for more than 5-10 seconds every 3-4 minutes. Rebooting and uninstalling Flash didn't help at all, and I ha to restore my 4-day old clockwork backup...

Guest zillfish

No connection. I have 2 Blades, 1 on 10.2, the other 10.3. Both failed on iplayer at the same time.

It was 10 days ago that I last used iplayer, when I first installed flash 10.3. As I said above, it worked well then, but now like every body else on this thread it's gone choppy.

I sorted the TVCatchup fault by clearing browser cache and cookies, so that was nothing to do with flash.

To be honest having iplayer that only works on wifi isn't much use, cos most of the time that wifi is available, so is a computer.

It's back to skyfire for me, it's tedious to connect, and there's no control of the video, but once it's running it usually works ok.

Does anybody know how to install an app that thinks my phone isn't suitable?

Edited by zillfish

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hecatae
I Hear they've just released an update for the iPhone and they're working on one for Android. Fingers crossed

The new BBC iPlayer app for iPhone is 3gs and above, which is armv7

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zillfish

I spoke too soon. Skyfire no longer works for iplayer. the pop-up says "sorry this video can't yet be played from the toolbar". ( or words to that effect). If played from skyfire browser page, it's choppy, same as from jj9 browser. Am I too cynical, or is it the beeb being awkward?

Please respond if you have the problem, (or not), so I can be sure it's not just a fault with my phone.

• 6 months later...