Michael Dell putting Android down

Guest nystreak

Guest nystreak

I read this article over at Phone arena .com about Michael Dell kinda dissing Android. I think our Streaks failure is not due to hardware but the fact Dell released it with such old version of android and then didnt support it. Our guy DJ Steve managed to get us 2.2 before Dell did. Now if one guy could do it how is it Androids fault. I place the streak's failure squarely on Dell and not the device or the software. Releasing it with an old OS, the countless delays, and no advertising is was hurt the streak. I know the 5" phone isnt for everyone but I for one absolutlety love it and am sad to see it go. I now have to pray that Samsung brings the Galaxy Note to the US on ATT.

Just wanted to here fellow streak users opinion on this. Thanks.

Edited by nystreak

Guest Coxeroni

I think they search an excuse for doing so shitty with their devices, so they blame android. I agree with you, that it is was there decision for 1.6 and then 2.2, and lack of support that killed the device.

But maybe they try to find their niche, where they might be more successful. First the withdrawl to Asia, now WinPhone, where not as many devices are released as for android. Maybe this works out for them, but I guess not.

Guest Azurren

Am I right in saying that we all bought the streak because it ran android? ;)

Yeah, hardware was good, screen was good, it looked good but ran android 1.6

FAIL

Guest Azurren

Absolutely right Azurren. Also, WinPhone sells like s***, I don't get why Dell supports that platform.

Aye windows phone 7 is pretty crappy..

But if they put Windows 8 (full os) on their next phone I'd buy it in a heartbeat!