Working ADOBE FLASH 10.2, 10.3, 11 BBCiPlayer Streams Feeds..

Guest dadashi

Guest razzmataz1478

What's the quickest and easiest way to check that Adobe Flash is working? I don't have wi-fi so can't check BBC iPlayer. And it would appear not to work without it on my phone.

I use this site on my laptop http://www.radioplayer.co.uk/ and when I accessed it via the phone it said flash player required, so thought I'd try with that, but I can't get any of the 3 versions to work. Actually looks like it's playing (current song showing as per on laptop), but no sound. And volume is up and I checked with headphones. Nothing.

I've tried rebooting after each install to no avail. Also I'm sure in my first attempt with v11 the app appeared in my tray of applications but after that all I get is the Flash Settings icon there.

I'm running an unlocked, rooted OMC on Atomic v2.5

Any suggestions?

Are you using dolphin browser?

Guest dadashi

I use flash 11 with cm7 rom. Using elitmovil I found 10.3 was better. It depends on the configuration.

Just try 11 and if that doesnt play all your streams try 10,3...

Are you using dolphin browser?

Yes, using Dolphin. I also tried on the stock browser and Opera but no joy. Not sure if I tried all 3 browsers with all 3 versions of the flash player mind you, but would have tried all 3 with Dolphin.

What's the best way to test given BBC iPlayer won't work as I have no wi-fi?

Guest kevjames
... and then ... rooted the phone in order to remove some of the Orange apps that I didn't need ...

What procedure needs to be followed to do this. I'm still confused about this rooting business - all I've done is unlock and install the Clockwork mod. I did reboot several times with no luck.

Thanks for your reply.

Guest razzmataz1478

Yes, using Dolphin. I also tried on the stock browser and Opera but no joy. Not sure if I tried all 3 browsers with all 3 versions of the flash player mind you, but would have tried all 3 with Dolphin.

What's the best way to test given BBC iPlayer won't work as I have no wi-fi?

Try playing a YouTube video embedded in a website or go on the YouTube desktop site and try to play a video

Edited by razzmataz1478

I use flash 11 with cm7 rom. Using elitmovil I found 10.3 was better. It depends on the configuration.

Just try 11 and if that doesnt play all your streams try 10,3...

Well, it plays all that don't say 'This video is not optimized for mobile'/

I have CM7 Ice Armopr

Try playing a YouTube video embedded in a website or go on the YouTube desktop site and try to play a video

With no versions of flash installed I seem to already be able to play videos from YouTube - although I am automatically directed to the mobile version of the site. I think I'll quit while I'm ahead as flash is maybe something I don't seem to need anyway. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Nozz

Have a look at the FAQ on 'Rooting for beginners'. It's a pinned topic at the top of the ZTE Skate forum page. Part 1 explains what rooting is all about and Part 4 describes how to root the phone by installing Superboot. It's an excellent guide that I found to be very helpful.

What procedure needs to be followed to do this. I'm still confused about this rooting business - all I've done is unlock and install the Clockwork mod. I did reboot several times with no luck.

Thanks for your reply.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kevjames

Have a look at the FAQ on 'Rooting for beginners'. It's a pinned topic at the top of the ZTE Skate forum page. Part 1 explains what rooting is all about and Part 4 describes how to root the phone by installing Superboot. It's an excellent guide that I found to be very helpful.

Yes, thanks for the tip. After rooting I finally got iplayer working BUT some videos only play for 1 sec only.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mifran

I have got the eurosport player working well but bbc iplayer is very jerky and keeps pausing while it downloads and this is on my home wifi I have tried 10.3 and 11. with dolphin mini browser I have the original orange rom which i have removed all the orange stuff from

mifran

Guest H3ROS

I've noticed the same thing. People seem to think that if they take the files from 10.3 and add them to 11 that it's actually 11 that's working, but that's simply not true. It's a shame Adobe haven't released an update though as using 10.3 is a security risk.

Guest MrDetonator

Flash video works on Skate but on my phone it's about 3-4 FPS. Does everyone have same low FPS?

Is there any way to improve it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest dodgetimmy

Can anyone test 5od to see if it will playback a video? 5 say their site is Android 2.3 compatible. but when I play back I get text, most other sites work. This is with all flash releases on a OSF 2 Fish n chips rl 6 used dolphin and stock browser

www.channel5.com/shows/neighbours/episodes/monday-16-april-3

Edited by dodgetimmy