MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE) Android 2.3.5

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Johnny Hung

Have somebody want to try my patch file for MEDION P4310 Android 2.3.5 --> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7NKE5AR

I had to verification on the Taiwan-mobile T3 Android 2.3.5 , root permissions added no problem !

(please refer to attach readme.txt ,first !)

Have somebody try this package to root your MEDION P4310 ???

Please let me know the result and Can wifi work or not ?

Thank you so much~

Guest Wacky.ddw

Have somebody try this package to root your MEDION P4310 ???

Please let me know the result and Can wifi work or not ?

Thank you so much~

Hu? this gets more confusing by the day :P You allready posted 3 links :D what does what?

And whats the difference between rooting and super user. And is this a rooted version of the original firmware? Because i cant see the benifits of having a rooted stockfirmware. Or do i have to install this first if i would want to go to CyanogenMod 7.1...

I never tried something like this before so i just want te make sure i dont brick it. So i have to install Clockworkmod first, and then the rooted ROM for MEDION P4310. And then i could install CyanogenMod or Bluemonte.

Or can i just install CWM Recovery, and install CyanogenMod or Bluemonte directly? Or can you only install Android verions above 2.3.5?

Guest tilal6991

Hu? this gets more confusing by the day :P You allready posted 3 links :D what does what?

And whats the difference between rooting and super user. And is this a rooted version of the original firmware? Because i cant see the benifits of having a rooted stockfirmware. Or do i have to install this first if i would want to go to CyanogenMod 7.1...

I never tried something like this before so i just want te make sure i dont brick it. So i have to install Clockworkmod first, and then the rooted ROM for MEDION P4310. And then i could install CyanogenMod or Bluemonte.

Or can i just install CWM Recovery, and install CyanogenMod or Bluemonte directly? Or can you only install Android verions above 2.3.5?

If you CWM alread installed you don't need to root / install SuperUser - just install CyanogenMod.

Guest Doman75

The benefits of rooted stockfirmware: you can delete the branding apps from aldi, but you hold the original firmware, then the original firmware is in most cases this firmware where all is working.

In Custom ROMS many things are experimentel or not working.

For ClockworkMod is not necessary a rooted stockfirmware.

Guest Wacky.ddw

So i finally managed to install Clockworkmod Recovery, it was a driver problem.

I made a backup first. Now i still have a few questions:

1: The Backup i made is a folder containing 7 files. When i have a custom rom installed can i just put the backup folder back on the SD card and do '-restore' from CWM? Am i back to factory/stock rom now,

and do i get my warranty back? Or do i have to make a zip of the file and choose the option '-install zip from sdcard'.

So my question is if you make a backup why isnt it a .zip file, but 7 files instead?

2: What will happen when i install a Custom rom and press the '- wipe data/factory reset' commando in CWM, or do a factory data reset in the android menu. Will i brick the phone because the factory data installed on the phone anymore?

3: How do you know witch roms you can install, are all roms compatible with all phones? (i guess not) Allso witch rom is the best?

4: Ive read downgrading is possible, so i could just install a 2.3.4 version over a 2.3.5 version? I gues so because i allready whent to bluemonte. but is there a limit like never go under 2.2 or something?

Edited by Wacky.ddw

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hvis1608

I have the same medion and it is bootlooping cause i did superboot on it. I read on the last pages of the tutorial that it is not suited for 2.3.5. But then it was to late.

Any idea's how to fix that?

EDIT: Nevermind fixed it! :lol:

How did you fix it? Do you now have a rooted medion P4310?

Guest hvis1608

Hi,

i have on my Medion P4310 (Android 2.3.5) ClockworkMod 4.1.0.5 installed and then i have the su.zip over the Clockwork installed, now i have SU rights.

My medion is now h rooted Phone with CyanogenMod 7.1 (Android 2.3.5) Clockwork 4.1.0.5 Flashplayer 10.2 (on Cyanogen GPS, WLAN Bluetooth works fine).

Greets Doman

How did you do this? I also have a Medion and would like to install link2SD and get rid of some ROM based programmes (hotel reservation, doc to go, etc.).

Guest Nofan Tasi

Hi,

i have on my Medion P4310 (Android 2.3.5) ClockworkMod 4.1.0.5 installed and then i have the su.zip over the Clockwork installed, now i have SU rights.

My medion is now h rooted Phone with CyanogenMod 7.1 (Android 2.3.5) Clockwork 4.1.0.5 Flashplayer 10.2 (on Cyanogen GPS, WLAN Bluetooth works fine).

Greets Doman

Hi Doman, others

I am new to the forum and want to root my MEDION_BEL.

In the end, like you, I would also want to run CyanogenMod on it.

Do I understand correctly that I can start as follows:

- install CWM using Paul's method

(not sure about this because it mentiones 4.0.1.4 whereas you mention 4.1.0.5)

- install your su

Or, do I -also- need to write a boot.img (say Paul's superboot) ? If so, will such kernel be compatible with the BEL ROM?

Thanks

PS : if anybody with MEDION from Aldi in Belguim rooted his phone, pls raise a hand

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi Doman, others

I am new to the forum and want to root my MEDION_BEL.

In the end, like you, I would also want to run CyanogenMod on it.

Do I understand correctly that I can start as follows:

- install CWM using Paul's method

(not sure about this because it mentiones 4.0.1.4 whereas you mention 4.1.0.5)

- install your su

Or, do I -also- need to write a boot.img (say Paul's superboot) ? If so, will such kernel be compatible with the BEL ROM?

Thanks

PS : if anybody with MEDION from Aldi in Belguim rooted his phone, pls raise a hand

I did :)

Just follow this tutorial to install Clockworkmod Recovery.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/344820-09-aug-clockworkmod-recovery-4014-unofficial-modaco-edition-for-the-zte-skate/

When you have CWM recovery you can make a backup, and then try to install Cyanogenmod. But if i where you i would install bluemonte. Its mutch faster then Cyanogenmod.

Guest Nofan Tasi

http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/

When you have CWM recovery you can make a backup, and then try to install Cyanogenmod. But if i where you i would install bluemonte. Its mutch faster then Cyanogenmod.

Hi Wacky and others

I tried the CWM Recovery install and it says

<waiting on device>

at

'fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery clockworkmod.img'

command

I tried to install usb_driver from google android sdk but it said

'no driver found'

I tried tillaz link to googe-usb_driver and it starts install but then windows complained to

'have encountered an error'

during instll and the andriod device still has yellow triangle.

Note: I run Win7 64bit

I also tried adb on linux (in fact I am a linux user and only

occasionally use windows) but adb could not see the device. That

said: on windows it -can- see the device before I run

'.\install-recovery-windows.bat'

Also, when I first plugged in via USB, the device presented itself as

a CD rom and I have executed the setup.exe from there. That's how I

got

'.\adb-windows.exe devices'

to find: P743T_MEDION_BEL device

Any help to get past the

<waiting on device>

during CWM Recovery install is appreciated

By taking out battery I can boot normal (not sure if there is a

better way ro get out of stuck state).

Also: to flash CWM Recovery, I don't need to boot into any special

mode, do I?

Finally: to flash CWM Recovery, one does not need to install superboot

first right?

Thanks!

Guest hvis1608

Thanks ... I'll give it a go

Please, let us know whether it works. I could not find any ClockworkMod 4.1.0.5 downloadable and I do not want to risk to brick my medion using a wrong version. Therefore if it works for your it should work for the others as well.

I only want to get access to the root to use link2SD or to delete at least to useless app's from the ROM.

PS: I connect to the phone via MyPhoneExplorer (very good free soft) but wonder whether this could be a problem (drivers, etc.).

Guest Wacky.ddw

If i could root the phone you guys certainly can to :D as you can see i am also a complete noob. But with if you read the 2 pages you will find your answer :)

Just follow the clockworkmod 4.0.1.4 (mocado) tutorial and you will be fine, i allso had exactly the same problem with the drivers. So i had to manualy installed them.

These are the drivers i used.

http://www.mediafire.com/?f6klgsfpnp4i6m8

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Guest Nofan Tasi

If i could root the phone you guys certainly can to :D as you can see i am also a complete noob. But with if you read the 2 pages you will find your answer :)

Just follow the clockworkmod 4.0.1.4 (mocado) tutorial and you will be fine, i allso had exactly the same problem with the drivers. So i had to manualy installed them.

These are the drivers i used.

http://www.mediafire...f6klgsfpnp4i6m8

Hi Wacky

I would not call myself noob if I were one of the few having an aldi medion rooted :mellow:

The driver you used is same as I used (found in a tillaz post)

Just a few questions ...

- what exact windows version do you use? 32bit or 64bit ?

- did you install driver before installing CWM or (as tillaz) during CWM install while <waiting for device> ?

Thanks!

Guest Nofan Tasi

Hi Wacky

I would not call myself noob if I were one of the few having an aldi medion rooted :mellow:

Just a few questions ...

- did you install driver before installing CWM or (as tillaz) during CWM install while <waiting for device> ?

Thanks!

I could install driver from extra directory in sdk Program Files x86 Android directory and selecting the inf file there

It took a while to finish I must say ...

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi Wacky

Just a few questions ...

Thanks!

Try other drivers, there are more on the forum just download them all. And when you get wating for device search the folders. Here i have windows 7 64x, but i installed clockworkmod on a windows xp 32bit pc. But eighterway you wil need to find the right drivers, once you have them the rest is very easy.

http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/

Hi Wacky and others,

I also have the Medion life P4310 from Aldi Belgium and want to root the phone to get rid of some pre-installed apps. I followed this tutorial and everything seemed to work.

The phone rebooted but seems to be a little slower than before and the wifi isn't stable anymore. It sometimes stops and then reconnect after that.

I then installed Link2sd to move or delete some system apps but the program says that it can not get rood access.

What did I do wrong?

Is there something else I have to do that is not in the tutorial?

I have read every post on this topic here but i don't always get what is said.

Is it possible to have a step by step explanation on how to root this phone.

I'm very new at this and don't know anything about android.

Is there someone who can explain what I have to do to make a backup and how I can install bluemonte or Cyanogenmod?

Can i keep my phone the way it is and get root access?

What about the file Johnny Hung posted, is there someone who tried that?

Thanks for your help.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Do you have clockworkmod installed and flashed a new rom, else you dont have root acces. And i noticed the first time you boot allways takes a lot longer. I think when you install a new rom or put your backup back on the pone it has to load settings first or something like that.

Im also very new i only joined the day i bought the phone, so thats not so long ago. As you can see in the previous post im also new to android and im allso a noob. But here is what i did:

1: Install clockworkmod recovery.

2: Whent into clockworkmod and choose: make backup

3: downloaded bluemonte and put it on the SD card

4: Whent to recovery and followed these steps, but im using bluemonte not atomicblue. But the rom installation is the same.

http://android.modac...d/#entry1819975

5: downloaded the powerbar notification widget and flashed it.

I am a big fan of bluemonte since Cyanogen mod caused my phone to crash when i wanted to call, or got called.

Dont know if this is any help? Do they still sell the phones at the aldi? i tought it was just till the stock was depleted, wich was allmost immediately in Sint-Niklaas.

Edited by Wacky.ddw

Can you confirm the phone can be restored to the original state with this backup? (for warranty reasons)

Guest Nofan Tasi

I am a big fan of bluemonte since Cyanogen mod caused my phone to crash when i wanted to call, or got called.

Dont know if this is any help? Do they still sell the phones at the aldi? i tought it was just till the stock was depleted, wich was allmost immediately in Sint-Niklaas.

Hi Wacky

I have no major issues with cyanogen mod

other question: what would be a good CPU overclocked value for the Medion (I use 844 now)? and, in fact, I forgot what the original value is, do you recall?

Thanks

Do you have clockworkmod installed and flashed a new rom, else you dont have root acces. And i noticed the first time you boot allways takes a lot longer. I think when you install a new rom or put your backup back on the pone it has to load settings first or something like that.

Im also very new i only joined the day i bought the phone, so thats not so long ago. As you can see in the previous post im also new to android and im allso a noob. But here is what i did:

3: downloaded bluemonte and put it on the SD card

4: Whent to recovery and followed these steps, but im using bluemonte not atomicblue. But the rom installation is the same.

http://android.modac...d/#entry1819975

5: downloaded the powerbar notification widget and flashed it.

Thanx Wacky,

I did it and it works I think. I'm not able to remove some apps like docs to go but all the other pre-installed crap is gone.

Don't think they still sell the phones at this moment. I bought mine on the day it came in the shops but by noon they where all gone.

Anyway, thanks allot for helping me. Just one question thou, can I still restore to the original state if I wanted to?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi Wacky

I have no major issues with cyanogen mod

other question: what would be a good CPU overclocked value for the Medion (I use 844 now)? and, in fact, I forgot what the original value is, do you recall?

Thanks

I would not know, i also tried overclocking but it gave a error when i rebooted that the value's where not set... So i turned off apply on reboot, and rebooted and that solved the problem...

Guest Wacky.ddw

Thanx Wacky,

I did it and it works I think. I'm not able to remove some apps like docs to go but all the other pre-installed crap is gone.

Don't think they still sell the phones at this moment. I bought mine on the day it came in the shops but by noon they where all gone.

Anyway, thanks allot for helping me. Just one question thou, can I still restore to the original state if I wanted to?

Yes you can! :P There is a backup on the first page just put it on your SD card and go to backup and restore and do restore. If you made a backup yourself before flashing, it sould allready be on your SD card.

You will need a tool for removing stock apps. If you search a litte you wil find it i think its on the last page of the bluemonte thread. But you will be better to just flash a new rom to the phone it makes it a lot faster.

Guest hvis1608

Yes you can! :P There is a backup on the first page just put it on your SD card and go to backup and restore and do restore. If you made a backup yourself before flashing, it sould allready be on your SD card.

You will need a tool for removing stock apps. If you search a litte you wil find it i think its on the last page of the bluemonte thread. But you will be better to just flash a new rom to the phone it makes it a lot faster.

Thanks. I have got ClockwokMod installed, but I am not sure whether I have root access. How to check? In super manager is does not seem to allow me to enable root access needing tools.

Where is this backup on the first page? do you mean on the first page of the new ROM installation?